Best way to gear up after absence (Trooper - CM)

zorphon

Hey all.

After leaving the game in mid-January parked at lvl 50 with my Commando, I'm back to play some more TOR! I was and still plan on playing Combat Medic.

My question is, how should I begin the route of gearing for both PvE, and PvP? (Mainly PvE though)

I'm in pretty crap gear as I only have 14,200 HP. Thanks in advance guys, I appreciate the future replies.

PvP - Buy your set of recruit gear and off you go.

PvE - Hop in to the group finder queue. Just make sure you aren't doing Tier 2 (Lost Island). Slowly but surely stuff will drop for you. Hell, you could always hop in to the Story Mode OPS, as a lot of highly geared people are running them just for the commendations. Just make sure you tell people you are unfamiliar with them, and generally people will help you out.

Get the quest at the fleet to go to Black Hole area at corellia and start doing those dailies. You can then buy BlackHole gear which is the highest tier (61). You can replace your tionese/columni/rakata mods with blackhole mods in order to keep your setbonuses.

Get the quest at the fleet to go to Black Hole area at corellia and start doing those dailies. You can then buy BlackHole gear which is the highest tier (61). You can replace your tionese/columni/rakata mods with blackhole mods in order to keep your setbonuses.

Can I do those as 14.5k HP Healer? Or are Black Hole dailies a bit above me.

Edited by zorphon

Two recent changes make this loads easier than it used to be:

(1) Go to the PvP terminal on fleet and take the mission "New Technology." This gives you either a box with a full recruit set of your choosing, or a token you can sell for 320K credits to any vendor. The recruit set, despite being "pvp gear" works just fine for running the tier 1 HM FPs to get your Tionese/Columi. Or you can just blow the 320K on whatever you like from GTN; the purple level 22 mods that people have leftover from heroic dailies are usually quite cheap.

(2) Columi/Exotech and Tionese/Energized kit now drop at much higher rates in the tier 1 HM FPs. You can also get a daily and weekly for loads of Tionese/Columi commendations, and if you queue through group finder you get an additional 5 BH comms a day. Between daily HM FPs and if you can do weekly guild story mode EV/KP runs, you can be in full Columi with a black hole item or two very quickly now, within a week or so.

If you left before all the planet dailies came into the game, there are also BH comms you can get from the Black Hole weekly, and daily comms you can use to get Rakata ears and implants, as well as Campaign relics. You can also get one purple armoring, mod, and enhancement a day from doing all the heroic dailies available.

Now that the group finder BH comms are in though, planet dailies feel a lot less rewarding than they used to. If you want the maximum gain in the minimum play time and don't play all that much, then starting each Tuesday:

(1) Pick up the galactic conflicts weekly / daily from the terminal on fleet, and do your one HM FP a day until you get the 3/3 weekly done.

(3) Run the group finder random HM FP daily once a day to get your 5 BH comms. (You should be doing this anyway in order to get (1) done; just be sure to queue through group finder for at least one "random" HM FP each day.)

(3) Run all the dailies and the H4 in black hole at least once a week to get the weekly 6 BH comms.

If you have the stamina to run all the planet dailies including heroics every day, and a normal FP group finder daily, you can easily get 40+ daily comms a day, which is a rakata ear / implant in three days, or a campaign relic in five. That's kind of a brutal grind though, unless you really, really like dailies.

Edited by Heezdedjim

Can I do those as 14.5k HP Healer? Or are Black Hole dailies a bit above me.

You can faceroll dailies in anything, including full recruit gear. The dailies and any of the tier 1 HM FPs are designed for gearing up, so you do not need to be geared at all, or at worst will not need anything any better than recruit blues to do them.

Two recent changes make this loads easier than it used to be:

(1) Go to the PvP terminal on fleet and take the mission "New Technology." This gives you either a box with a full recruit set of your choosing, or a token you can sell for 320K credits to any vendor. The recruit set, despite being "pvp gear" works just fine for running the tier 1 HM FPs to get your Tionese/Columi. Or you can just blow the 320K on whatever you like from GTN; the purple level 22 mods that people have leftover from heroic dailies are usually quite cheap.

(2) Columi/Exotech and Tionese/Energized kit now drop at much higher rates in the tier 1 HM FPs. You can also get a daily and weekly for loads of Tionese/Columi commendations, and if you queue through group finder you get an additional 5 BH comms a day. Between daily HM FPs and if you can do weekly guild story mode EV/KP runs, you can be in full Columi with a black hole item or two very quickly now, within a week or so.

If you left before all the planet dailies came into the game, there are also BH comms you can get from the Black Hole weekly, and daily comms you can use to get Rakata ears and implants, as well as Campaign relics. You can also get one purple armoring, mod, and enhancement a day from doing all the heroic dailies available.

Now that the group finder BH comms are in though, planet dailies feel a lot less rewarding than they used to. If you want the maximum gain in the minimum play time and don't play all that much, then starting each Tuesday:

(1) Pick up the galactic conflicts weekly / daily from the terminal on fleet, and do your one HM FP a day until you get the 3/3 weekly done.

(2) Run all the dailies and the H4 in black hole at least once a week to get the weekly 6 BH comms.

(3) Run the group finder random HM FP daily once a day to get your 5 BH comms.

If you have the stamina to run all the planet dailies including heroics every day, and a normal FP group finder daily, you can easily get 40+ daily comms a day, which is a rakata ear / implant in three days, or a campaign relic in five. That's kind of a brutal grind though, unless you really, really like dailies.

Interesting I never got that thing at the PvP terminal before, but I don't seem to see it there now? I'd rather take the 320k because I'm already in a few BM pieces, don't need the Recruit. And yea, I don't want to grind those dailies that much. Haha.

Interesting I never got that thing at the PvP terminal before, but I don't seem to see it there now? I'd rather take the 320k because I'm already in a few BM pieces, don't need the Recruit. And yea, I don't want to grind those dailies that much. Haha.

Anyone who is 50 should be able to pick up that New Technology mission. You pick it up at the PvP dailies terminal (combat training section) and turn it in at the box right next to it. Ask on fleet if you're not seeing it. If you haven't done the mission before; which, being away a while I can't see how you would, then you should get it. If it's just not coming up for you and you are level 50, I'd say petition it.

The one other thing I can think is that maybe it depends on having your class chapter 3 quest done; but I would be surprised if that's the case. If it is, just finish your class storyline quests maybe.

Edited by Heezdedjim