tank set bonus vs. black hole gear

Rafkin

Tionese, Columi, Rakata, and Campaign all provide the same set bonus. Same goes for Battlemaster and Warhero.

What you should be doing is ripping the mods out of your BH gear and putting it into your stuff with set bonuses. If you want to change up your look, find a nice chest (I suppose you could do something else, but this makes the biggest difference I think) and put the mods in that. You only need 4/5 for both bonuses.

Thanks. I guess what I should have asked is would the increase armor rating from Black Hole gear make up for losing the 20% boost to screams absorb shield assuming I am in Columi and probably never getting Rakata or Campaign.

if you rip out the mods and armoring from BH gear you will get the armor stats as well. In the tionse, columi, and rakata sets the set bonus is in the shell (piece of armor) and not in the armoring.

Seriously? Hell, i thought all the set bonuses were tied to armoring mods. I guess that makes my question moot. I cant believe you all had the restraint to not call me a newb.

Seriously? Hell, i thought all the set bonuses were tied to armoring mods. I guess that makes my question moot. I cant believe you all had the restraint to not call me a newb.

The set bonus is tied to the campaign armor mod. Columi and rakata are tied to the shell. So yes putting BH armor mods into a Columi shell would still give you the bonus.

Seems to me like there's something wrong with the fact that the optimal choice is to take all the mods out and put them in Rakata. I wish there was another way to transfer set bonuses besides getting Campaign gear.

To be full BIS as a DPS jugg you will need to do this anyway. Only 2 of the Campaign Vindicators armorings are strength heavy (chest and head) the rest are all Endurance heavy so if you are wanting to keep your 4 set bonus and still be BiS you will need to use say the Rakata boots and legs but use black hole armorings to keep the set bonus and still have all str heavy armorings

Edited by Lacedemon