2-3 maintenance days a week is too much

Pcolapat

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you would rather have just the one day a week then? What if they find a game breaking bug (for arguements sake, nobody is getting loot from flashpoints or operations, or there is a bug where people are getting 100x the rewards from warzones), would you have them say "Oh this is a game breaking bug but we have to wait until we fix it because maintenance was yesterday?"

Don't be so naive, this game is on life-support till it's F2P transition.

Don't be so naive, this game is on life-support till it's F2P transition.

Lol. If you say so... Naive is thinking you know what the actual plans for this game really are.

Edited by Rafaman

why are these threads made nobody of consequence reads them

im sure they do untill they see it devolving into QQ and bickering over nonsensical BS.

They've been pretty quiet lately. Hopefully this means something big is coming....a good kind of big and not a "servers shutting down in 5 minutes thx for all the fish" kind of bad >.>

As someone else mentioned already, this is why no one gives a damn and serve you with silence/ ignorance.

Walking Papers,

The Republic EP100: SWTOR Slammed With More Layoffs, Server Forums, The Weekly Q&A .

Studio Head gone.

Head of Pvp Gone.

Game Director Gone.

100 more laid off and fired.

Lack of Direction for TOR.

New Content already delayed with no eta, Now will be even more delayed till EA decides whos in charge and what they wanna do with TOR.

They really have other things to deal with right now than posting more " we don't know how to fix this " information.

Then don't make people pay for something they won't recieve...all I'm sayin...I think as a business, That's the least BW could do...correction...the least they could do is post something on this thread so the literal THOUSANDS of people that have viewed it, can have an answer. Edited by SteelBunk

Then don't make people pay for something they won't recieve...all I'm sayin...I think as a business, That's the least BW could do...correction...the least they could do is post something on this thread so the literal THOUSANDS of people that have viewed it, can have an answer.

Maybe they are under orders not to say anything. Honestly I dont understand the whole freaking out deal. You can continue to pay for the game or you can leave. I had cancelled and a guildmate bought be a 60 day gametime card so here I am still. Once thats up if no answers on when 1.4 will be here or what if any new content we can expect then I will quietly walk away once the sub ends. That is unless someone buys me another card. Its not such a bad game if you arent paying for it out of your own pocket.

Does seem to be happening more and more often but with no Patch to download.

Which has to beg the question what is going on and why are the servers needing to be down for 2 hours.

This one is coming with a patch at least. Maybe it's some content or HK-51 or something awesome.

EDIT:

We will be performing an unscheduled maintenance this Thursday, July 26th, 2012. After the maintenance, there will not be a new patch to download.

The servers and SWTOR.com will be down for four hours on Thursday, July 26th, 2012 from 2AM CDT (12AM PDT/3AM EDT/8AM BST/9AM CEST/5PM AEST) until 6AM CDT (4AM PDT/7AM EDT/12PM BST/1PM CEST/9PM AEST). All game servers will be offline during this period. This maintenance is expected to take no more than four hours, but could be extended.

After the maintenance, please login via the launcher to download the latest patch. If your launcher was open during the maintenance, you must close and reopen it for a fresh login.

Well, the first part says there's no patch, but the last bit eludes to there being one to download...

DOUBLEEDIT:

The launcher says a patch is being deployed... *sigh* BioWare...

Edited by irishfino

Maybe they are under orders not to say anything. Honestly I dont understand the whole freaking out deal. You can continue to pay for the game or you can leave. I had cancelled and a guildmate bought be a 60 day gametime card so here I am still. Once thats up if no answers on when 1.4 will be here or what if any new content we can expect then I will quietly walk away once the sub ends. That is unless someone buys me another card. Its not such a bad game if you arent paying for it out of your own pocket.

Obviously it's not a big deal to you cause you don't pay for it, moron, but most don't have that luxury. I'm sure it's a great game when you don't pay for it. So if this topic of discussion doesn't concern you then don't worry about commenting.

We have discussed this over and over and over until our minds grew numb and melted out of our ears. It's the game engine. Yeah it sucks. Yes its BioWare's fault. No its not going to get better. Don't eat yellow snow.

Haha so true

I only have time to play from 10:30 PM - 4:00 AM so maintenance is always right in the middle of my play time which pisses me off to no end.

That being said, if they NEED to do 2 restarts pretty much every week, why don't they at least just say that they are scheduling 2 restarts per week so that we know the second one ahead of time, instead of the DAY OF maintenance?

I would be much more understanding if they just scheduled it, instead of making me have to check every Wednesday to see whether or not they are gonna shut down the server that night.

Bioware, you can't justify it.

You may say it is necessary, but why is it necessary? I can understand unscheduled maintenance every once in awhile, but it is becoming so frequent that it might as well be scheduled maintenance.

The maintenance and unscheduled down times occur often at the same time every night you do them. If a subscriber plays regularly at that time then you are disrupting his/her game time too often.

When this occurs a few times it is no big deal, but when guilds have to cut short raids two and three times a week for maintenance, it becomes irritating.

I want a game that runs smoothly, and understand that it requires maintenance, but there just seems to be too many disruptions lately.

Once a week is what you should try to stick to unless it is absolutly crucial that you have to deviate from that schedule. If you can't maintain that standard more often than you are now, then compensation should be considered for those that are affected.

this i work evenings and downtime till 12 mean i get only 2 hours of playtime till i have to go to work. it not fair.:(

I'm always a bit mystified as to what maintance actually does.

Warhammer Online used to have weekly maintance for years...... then they stopped it and had the server up and running 24/7 for months at a time......... with no noticable difference to performance. :confused:

I'd be willing to bet that they introducing the code required for the new HK companion and that code required is probably pretty monstrous considering how much your companion is involved wit hand interacts with.

You guys must have nothing do in real life. It's summer and I don't have classes, but I'm so busy I only play swtor two times a week. I can't wait to see what my schedule will be like once school kicks off in two months or so. Betting I will only play swtor like once or twice every two weeks lol. You guys/gals need to get out more.

You guys must have nothing do in real life. It's summer and I don't have classes, but I'm so busy I only play swtor two times a week. I can't wait to see what my schedule will be like once school kicks off in two months or so. Betting I will only play swtor like once or twice every two weeks lol. You guys/gals need to get out more.

Learn some geography. Most people complaining in this thread are Australian. Therefore southern hemisphere (if you know what that is). Therefore it isn't Summer, it is Winter.

Yet another downtime cutting into our prime time of 5-9pm. Again, I dont know how many times I have to repeat this.

If the maintenance isn't important enough to bring the servers down IMMEDIATELY when the problem is found, then it can wait until Tuesday. Otherwise, bring the servers down when the problem is found.

Learn some geography. Most people complaining in this thread are Australian. Therefore southern hemisphere (if you know what that is). Therefore it isn't Summer, it is Winter.

Yet another downtime cutting into our prime time of 5-9pm. Again, I dont know how many times I have to repeat this.

If the maintenance isn't important enough to bring the servers down IMMEDIATELY when the problem is found, then it can wait until Tuesday. Otherwise, bring the servers down when the problem is found.

You aussies should be used to this by now. Don't like it well move to another country or deal with it. SWTOR like wow is a us base game. Consider your self lucky that you got your own aussie or oceanic servers, most mmorpg companies don't have oceanic specific servers.

Edited by Knockerz

You aussies should be used to this by now. Don't like it well move to another country or deal with it. SWTOR like wow is a us base game. Consider your self lucky that you got your own aussie or oceanic servers, most mmorpg companies don't have oceanic specific servers.

I laughed.

haha this has to be the stupidest post I have ever read here.. What's funny is if this guys playtime was interrupted like Aus/NZ is then he would probably be the first to complain.