Recruit gear - not worth getting.

Maxkardinal

because those stats don't mean jack without expertise. You'll end up talking bigger hits, and doing less damage.

How do I do less damage when my attack rating is higher on the PvE gear? Look, we are taking about potential and effectiveness here. My calcd damage potential on recruit gear is lower. Please look at the screenshots... My crit and surge is higher on PvE gear as well, so my potential to do damage on you will ALWAYS be better in PvE gear, regardless of what your mitigation number is. Take your own mitigation number and calc how much damage I would to you for each gear set. Its a simple concept really. If your EXP gain does not outpace your damage/heal bonus loss (in the form of mainstat), it is a bad idea to wear it. This is the fundamental fact about these stats regardless of the garbage you have been told/read. Main stat actually does matter in PvP, as evident by the relatively small difference in EXP from WH to Recruit.

The only question is whether mitigation is better than raw HP. You are trading mitigation in the "hundreds(MAX)" for HP "thousands". Its a whole order of magnitude difference. Let alone those "hundreds of mitigation" are only on crit attacks. If you are a sage and hit me with rock spam, 30% mitigation on 670 attack is a joke, but you still give up thousands of HP for it. If we could crit @ a clip of 50% or more, all the time, maybe it would matter. It also might matter IF you are being healed 100% of the time in a WZ, which really never happens.

In the end, my numbers do have meaning. It shows that in the arena of "stat advantage" the difference in minor, at best. You have to understand this before you can even comment on whether someone should switch to recruit gear.

Edited by L-RANDLE

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know why some people are so obsessed that every newly dinged 50 should get recruit gear.

Yesterday i was bored and decided to "feel the difference". I swapped augmented WH gear on my operative to Recruit (every slot) and made few warzones. And then bought 47-50 blues without expertise, and did the same.

My impression - recruit gear don't worth 320k. It worth nothing at all.

Absolutely for sure its better that under 50 lvl blues, but it doesn't matter when you are facing WH or WH/BM geared players. It doesn't mtter. Recruit set will not provide you with minimum power to compete.

In blues you got murdured in 3 hits.

In recruit gear you will be murdured in 4-5 hits. (3-4 against maras and PT) And Snipers will trash you in 2-3 gcds. And im not exaggerating.

You will not do any meaningful damage nor in blues nor in Recruit gear. You will be a lamb in a sloughterhouse untill you get BM set.

I will better take 320k with my alt and suffer my way throug period of obtaining BM, rather than not taking 320k and suffering my way through period of changing Recruit on BM.

Thats... wrong

Thanks for posting I am on Drooga's Pleasure Barge and yesterday during some WZ untill my friends could get on and somebody so mad that I did not have all my recuit gear they where calling stupid and just insulting me. I dont get it. This is just a game I dont see why some people get work up I play it for fun yeah winning is fun and all but I dont get to mad when I dont win