Knockback and push performance/predictability: MUCH IMPROVED

LarryRow

I have found that, as promised, these abilities are working a lot more predictably. Enemies no longer teleport when cc'ed, and you can actually aim your knockbacks.

My favorite is using Push to slam someone into one of the four pillars around the fire pits in huttball, where they die a fiery death.

Couldn't find a thread about this so I figured I'd start one, as we always seem to have plenty of complaint threads when things don't work, and no appreciative threads when they are fixed. So: Thanks Bioware!

Post your favorite knockback stories if you noticed an improvement like me!

Some of my favorite force push moments:

-Tatooine, rocks on top of a steep hill with some sand people close by. I charged and was on the ground, a rock about 3-4 feet tall was next to me. One of the sand people ran on top of the rock, so he was next to me but about 3-4 feet higher. Behind him was the steep downslope of the hill so i force pushed him off, and he flew up about 10 feet and backwards about 30 feet.

-Alderaan, on top of a mountain with a 50 foot drop. But the ledge of the cliff had a wall of rock so you couldnt just walk off. There was a flat rock a few feet high close to the wall, next to the rock was a couple of mobs. I charged in stayed on the ground, and again one of the mobs climbed up on top of the rock next to me. I force pushed him and he went up and over the nearby cliff wall. He went up just enough to clear the wall, and fell down and died.

-Alderaan, later in the day...there was an elite with about 12k hp standing on a flat rock at the end of a river that turned into a waterfall. Not caring that it was a champion and probably had loot that would drop that i may want, i charged in and immediately force pushed her off. All i could see over the edge of the waterfall was the combat text -12500 as the elite took all fall damage.

I used to always mess around on my BH/Trooper too. If you get really close to a bad guy (like right on top of them), you can use your knockback ability and instead of getting knocked away, sometimes it was possible to make them go straight up. If they go up, i would usually jump up after them and hit them with an improved rocket punch and knock them away.

Edited by swtonewbie