The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Shadows training

Hi

Is the shadows training the ability broken or something? there seems to be no increase in my base attack for project.

Also why does the resolve bar seem to be faulty?.

another question would be is simply wouldn't it be better to fix these issues which we already have? make the game as good as it can be before new content gets released? It seems to be with every patch further complications arise.

For instance The shadow/assassin class itself, Their DPS trees are lacking when compared with the other classes, i have ran most classes and this is what i have noticed. And with the Nerf to the kinetic Tree it has made them ineffective at anything they are meant to do.

It would be nice to see some newsletters online etc about these issues and if they are being addressed, It is pay 2 play after all.

Not even 4 hours after your first post, I don't know how you'd expect a Bioware employee after such little time.

I have not noticed any issues with training abilities, and you have to take into account that higher ranks are normally only approximately 30-50 base damage increases over the previous ranks, so a higher rank does not necessarily mean you'll be hitting for 100s higher than the previous.

Resolve bar has had some issues, and there are many many topics concerning it, especially in the PvP forums. If you are referring to roots affecting you with full resolve, that is intended and not an issue with the system.

I agree that both balance and infiltration need some looking into in order to bring them up to par as pure dps specs. Kinetic's survivability was hit fairly hard, yes, but they are still able to function quite well as a disruptor class. You have many tools at your disposal to hamper the enemy team, and I find that the damage is still very nice for a spec that is actually designed for tanking. You are not going to hit as hard as marauders or PTs, but kinetic is definitely not a dead spec.

Not even 4 hours after your first post, I don't know how you'd expect a Bioware employee after such little time.

I have not noticed any issues with training abilities, and you have to take into account that higher ranks are normally only approximately 30-50 base damage increases over the previous ranks, so a higher rank does not necessarily mean you'll be hitting for 100s higher than the previous.

Resolve bar has had some issues, and there are many many topics concerning it, especially in the PvP forums. If you are referring to roots affecting you with full resolve, that is intended and not an issue with the system.

I agree that both balance and infiltration need some looking into in order to bring them up to par as pure dps specs. Kinetic's survivability was hit fairly hard, yes, but they are still able to function quite well as a disruptor class. You have many tools at your disposal to hamper the enemy team, and I find that the damage is still very nice for a spec that is actually designed for tanking. You are not going to hit as hard as marauders or PTs, but kinetic is definitely not a dead spec.

I know roots and snares don't count towards the resolve bar, it says that. Its the stuns i am talking about which are always noticed during huttball especially..

I really cant class Infiltration and balance as DPS specs because they are just a joke.

Kinetic is much better to use in Pvp its PVE i have noticed that shadows arent as good at tanking as the other tank classes. There are only 1 or 2 classes which i haven't rolled so far and 3 of them are tank classes and Shadow/assassin i would rate at the bottom for these abilities. Granted a Guardian wont do as much DPS but it still stands they have better survivability then Shadows.