The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Stalker or survival??

I assume you're primarily in a tank role and doing damage is secondary although obviously helpful.

Survivor mods/enhancements just offer very little value in a PvP environment outside of just the extra HP. DPS stats just offer more value than the tank stats, even for a tank. The exception might be a player who literally doesn't attack stuff hardly at all, but such a player is a drag on their team anyway compared to someone who plays a complete game.

So, ideal is generally get 4 pc Survivor armorings only just for the set bonuses, and then use dps mods and enhancements. For a given set of stats, you always have two choices...for a tank role, get the ones with the higher Endurance. You have to get a lot of extra war hero items to pull out the parts and pieces you're looking for. You could mix in a few survivor mods/enhancements if your healers aren't very good, but I wouldn't recommend using very many. The first few get pretty good conversion rates.

If your team mostly sticks you off on solo Defender duty, 4 pc Stalker bonus would probably be better.

Gearing full Survivor just doesn't offer enough survivability increase to be worth the massive loss of damage output compared to a gearset with dps stats because the majority of important PvP attacks completely bypass defense and shields. Armor is your biggest survivability stat and dps gear is exactly the same there.

I assume you're primarily in a tank role and doing damage is secondary although obviously helpful.

Survivor mods/enhancements just offer very little value in a PvP environment outside of just the extra HP. DPS stats just offer more value than the tank stats, even for a tank. The exception might be a player who literally doesn't attack stuff hardly at all, but such a player is a drag on their team anyway compared to someone who plays a complete game.

So, ideal is generally get 4 pc Survivor armorings only just for the set bonuses, and then use dps mods and enhancements. For a given set of stats, you always have two choices...for a tank role, get the ones with the higher Endurance. You have to get a lot of extra war hero items to pull out the parts and pieces you're looking for. You could mix in a few survivor mods/enhancements if your healers aren't very good, but I wouldn't recommend using very many. The first few get pretty good conversion rates.

If your team mostly sticks you off on solo Defender duty, 4 pc Stalker bonus would probably be better.

Gearing full Survivor just doesn't offer enough survivability increase to be worth the massive loss of damage output compared to a gearset with dps stats because the majority of important PvP attacks completely bypass defense and shields. Armor is your biggest survivability stat and dps gear is exactly the same there.

4 pc? I thought it was 5 pieces?

At the same time, you'd be shocked how much 50-60% shield and absorb really soaks up in the course of the match, especially when it comes to rail shots, MM snipers and combat sents.

It adds up against certain classes. Defensive stats aren't completely worthless like some say.

It's just that when you start quantifying the bang you get for your stat-point buck, the dps stats come out way ahead.

The other part of it is if your group wants you to go full survival because they need/want a max durability tank and care not a wit for dps, then Shadow is an absolutely terrible class choice to fill that role with.

4 pc? I thought it was 5 pieces?

There are 5 total pieces, but the bonuses come at 2 piece and 4 piece, so the 5th doesn't matter. You can also mix with 2pc Stalker + 2pc Survivor, but it's not a good pick for Kinetic because they don't really use Force Slow much so you're better off going for either of the two 4pc bonuses.

There are 5 total pieces, but the bonuses come at 2 piece and 4 piece, so the 5th doesn't matter. You can also mix with 2pc Stalker + 2pc Survivor, but it's not a good pick for Kinetic because they don't really use Force Slow much so you're better off going for either of the two 4pc bonuses.

So which would you roll with in your opinion?

stalker. DPS tankadin`s are alive and kicking...in a good match i do 300-400k dps and 115k protection.

Winning a game to me depends on killing there healers first...or anybody who attacks your healer.

of coarse there`s more to it...but when a tank starts hitting on me i shrug it off(cd`s) and kill his or her healer.

Try the DPS Tank Hybrid!!! lotta fun!!! pure Tank...not for me.

Edited by Mutley-Gin

stalker. DPS tankadin`s are alive and kicking...in a good match i do 300-400k dps and 115k protection.

Winning a game to me depends on killing there healers first...or anybody who attacks your healer.

of coarse there`s more to it...but when a tank starts hitting on me i shrug it off(cd`s) and kill his or her healer.

Try the DPS Tank Hybrid!!! lotta fun!!! pure Tank...not for me.

You got 31 points in KC?

no the 23/1/17 ....but it`s tanky. the secret is not to tank them but to burn them down before they burn you or your healer down...lol

easy rotation...throw in some tants mark and kill there healer rinse repeat :)

ohhh and instant lift is AWESOME:)

You can still Run the Hutball...

Pull em around...

hold off 2-3 with cd`s until help arrives...

Slow,stuns,and Force in Balance with a couple sabers to the back is pure bliss. kinda like a Tank with a Bigazz GUN!

So which would you roll with in your opinion?

-----

So, ideal is generally get 4 pc Survivor armorings only just for the set bonuses, and then use dps mods and enhancements. ...

And So I say Stalker....but not alot of my build is Stalker....yah a set of armoring is...but the rest is mostly Force Healer/Mystic or whatever it`s called.... Enjoy the class !!! Nerf...naw more like burn them down instead of tank them :)