Engineering tree (bug)

Wookieenator

In the sniper's skill tree for engineering the ability called calculated pursuit says that it cannot occur more than once every 20 seconds. However on my level 27 sniper it procs every single time i exit cover even if i use overload shot 4 times, or i just keep spamming f and moving a little bit. I'm pretty sure this is a bug, but SW is my class, and im just leveling a sniper atm so excuse me if im wrong. Either way it's not groundbreaking, it just makes calculated pursuit somewhat less horrible than it already is.

In the sniper's skill tree for engineering the ability called calculated pursuit says that it cannot occur more than once every 20 seconds. However on my level 27 sniper it procs every single time i exit cover even if i use overload shot 4 times, or i just keep spamming f and moving a little bit. I'm pretty sure this is a bug, but SW is my class, and im just leveling a sniper atm so excuse me if im wrong. Either way it's not groundbreaking, it just makes calculated pursuit somewhat less horrible than it already is.

Shhhh don't tell bioware my secret. The stated internal cooldown never existed as far as I can tell, and I had the talent since 1.2 launched. For all you people saying it is a worthless talent its actually pretty amazing. Overlad shot/quick shot does more damage than floury of bolts, and the talent essentially allows you to forgo ever having to use your basic attack.

All that said, I will admit that I recently swapped the talent for more hps now that I have full warhero. I never thought the points in hps was worth it before because if you don't have a large health pool, then you won't see a significant increase in health.

Shhhh don't tell bioware my secret. The stated internal cooldown never existed as far as I can tell, and I had the talent since 1.2 launched. For all you people saying it is a worthless talent its actually pretty amazing. Overlad shot/quick shot does more damage than floury of bolts, and the talent essentially allows you to forgo ever having to use your basic attack.

All that said, I will admit that I recently swapped the talent for more hps now that I have full warhero. I never thought the points in hps was worth it before because if you don't have a large health pool, then you won't see a significant increase in health.

Yeah, I'll probably pick it up as well. Overload shot ends up barely doing more damage unless it crits, and I suppose using it would be smarter, but eh I'd like to use my skill points somewhere else. If it actually had a the cooldown it said it would of 20 seconds it would be even more useless.

I honestly think they should just change overload shot to be our auto attack.. I don't understand why they think snipers run around with burst-fire guns that shoot hails of bullets every time we press a button.

ultimately though using that talent I found I preferred auto attacks, while it does a tiny bit less dmg the dmg is split between 2 hits which means its not as easy for the enemy to dodge / shield the entire hit.