Tank Rotation.

bliapis

Whenever possible try to open with Mortar. It does a lot of damage and will make the mobs stick to you. Also advisable to do it when pulling bosses, for the same reason.

Your basic pull is explosive shot, run in and spam stock strike and ion pulse with hammer shot when you're out of ammo for those.

As tank, full auto and sticky grenade are pretty pointless.

Whenever possible try to open with Mortar. It does a lot of damage and will make the mobs stick to you. Also advisable to do it when pulling bosses, for the same reason.

Your basic pull is explosive shot, run in and spam stock strike and ion pulse with hammer shot when you're out of ammo for those.

As tank, full auto and sticky grenade are pretty pointless.

Explosive Round is pretty bad, except for maybe crowd-controlling mooks while you're questing solo. It simply costs too much ammo and does too little for you beyond a moderate amount of damage.

Sticky Grenade does more damage than Exp. Round, for less ammo, and has better AOE. It should be in your tanking rotation, though a bit lower in priority for single-target pulls than multi-target pulls, obviously. Also, you need the mob to live a few seconds to get the damage returned :)

Also, while Full Auto isn't a normal rotational ability it's good for single-target pulls and also feel it would useful to peel a mob back onto me if I've lost aggro and my taunts are down.

Edited by Darguth

Atm i open either with Mortars and follows us with Ion pulse to reduce incomming damage.

Then i perform stockstrike which opens High Impact Bolt and sticky grenade.

I keep the last 3 in rotation along with Ion Pulse to keep the debuff going. If i get very high ammo, i either dump it in explosive round or ion pulse.

im L23 btw

I'm level 22 at the moment. My standard rotation is pretty similar to the others.

I always like to put up with Mortar, regardless of whether it is a single target or multiple. Then I hit them with my sticky grenade (I like to use it early to make sure it goes off.). Full auto comes next before I get up close and personal.Ion pulse for the damage debuff, followed immediately by stockstrike. Then, if everything is going well, ion cannon. Rinse and repeat.

Of course, I'm using hammer down between each of these. Usually after every two or three ammo-consuming attacks. I haven't had any problems yet.

R2-DB.com has a good thread on this. It says that your ammo regen rate is determined by how much ammo you have. It's about .8 per second when your ammo is between 8-12, and drops to about .6 per second between 4-8 ammo, then .3 per second when less than 4. Keeping your ammo regen up is a good thing, so it recommends alternating your ammo using abilities with a Hammer Shot, to keep your regen at max, or near max.