The Target Tracking Fix is another little boost in pvp

Choffware

A barrage buffed unload really hits hard now I'm getting a couple of huge crits per unload now... between 3.5k-4k Yet another burst advantage in pvp. Did it fix the whole class... no... but burst dps just got a little better. I was 1 in damage for my team all night but I was pugging and people seemed not to be very highly geared in the 6 wz I played so the testing is not conclusive but I feel positive about it...

Nice that they have fixed it at last. Doesn't change Arsenal DPS being an absolutely laughable pvp spec that should be nowhere near a ranked team.

That seems a little over stated... I bet arsenals can do just fine on a ranked team if people took the time to learn the spec. Does that player really need to know what he's doing? Yes but useless is pretty over stated. Before 1.3 arsenal was far behind but it's pretty much on par with pyro. The problem is pyro has very similar issues that arsenal has. Low survivability and difficult to stay at range. Pyro is slightly more mobile but still has very hard time 1v1. The pyro merc can play a little more aggressive but it's role is still support dps

Arsenal is a hit or miss depending on how your team is made up, arsenal has zero chance when you don't have teammates to peel foes off you while you cast, and it's a tad less mobile now thanks to devs taking heat signature off explosive dart. My merc performs much better as pyro although doesn't have the same kind of sustained dps arsenal does now that unload hits like a truck.

Yes well put.. I agree with everything you just said except I will say you need to be good at recognizing when you are being attacked a run and don't fight... That way you don't need your team mate to bail you out. That's hard for anyone that pays to win. Running is hard but I've learn to do it. Arsenals also need to recognize when they are being interrupted and drop the TM spams at least in the sort term or get out of LOS to discorage the interrupter. Stick and move ftw.

Sorry, no. Arsenal merc has absolutely no place in rateds. Every time my team face up against another ranked team with arsenals/gunnery commandos, we know it's going to be an absolute stomp. Every single time. Only terrible pug groups bring them. Edited by Sinsavz

A barrage buffed unload really hits hard now I'm getting a couple of huge crits per unload now... between 3.5k-4k Yet another burst advantage in pvp. Did it fix the whole class... no... but burst dps just got a little better. I was 1 in damage for my team all night but I was pugging and people seemed not to be very highly geared in the 6 wz I played so the testing is not conclusive but I feel positive about it...

You were #1 in damage all night. Clearly the DPS specs for this class are utterly broken. I demand I become #1 DPS in every warzone by a more significant margin, that's the only way I'll know the class is even with the other classes.

Edited by dcgregorya

You were #1 in damage all night. Clearly the DPS specs for this class are utterly broken. I demand I become #1 DPS in every warzone by a more significant margin, that's the only way I'll know the class is even with the other classes.

At what point did I claim being #1 in DPS proves anything? I was just stating that I witnessed a hopeful outcome to the bug fix and arsenal seems to be a little bit better with the fix. Boggles my mind when people feel the need to mock a statement made in good faith (correct or inaccurate).

Sorry, no. Arsenal merc has absolutely no place in rateds. Every time my team face up against another ranked team with arsenals/gunnery commandos, we know it's going to be an absolute stomp. Every single time. Only terrible pug groups bring them.

Not true, im am the leading DPSer in my rated WZ team and i AM a merc/arsenal. Asn i laugh at the people that target me first.