New spec for Rated Warzones.

Mediia

Hey guys, I just wanted to get some feedback on a new spec I've been trying. I specced into it at the beginning of the day and did Rated Warzones with it the whole day with my guild. Here is the spec

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#601rkbRZRGrRZrcMkkM.2

This spec is really good for single target and multiple targets, while keeping your survivability up (which DPS Shadows are notoriously known for being squishy). It uses Shadow Technique for additional internal damage. It seems like not a lot, but I used a DPS parser to calculate, and it did about 30% of my total damage. And that's just from Shadow Technique. It's the internal damage that makes it so effective, since it bypasses armor. This spec also uses Force in Balance for AoE situations, like in Voidstar or Novare Coast. Also very effective for keeping people off the nodes in Civil War.

This spec also has GREAT survivability. It has a 30% armor increase, shield absorption increase, and 2% defense increase from talents. Combined with Kinetic Ward, Resilience, Deflection, and self-heals from talents, it makes for some excellent utility and survivability. Anyways, thanks for reading, I would really appreciate some feedback on this spec. Let me know what you guys think! Maybe you can try it out yourself. In my personal opinion, I think this spec is great and I'm going to be using it for a while until my guild needs me to go full tank again. Thanks again for reading!

Edited by Mediia

When you run in Shadow Technique, the points in Particle Acceleration are wasted because the effect only works when using Combat Technique. And, honestly, when Shadow Technique makes 30% of your DPS your DPS seem to be kinda low. The points in the Balance tree are kinda.. strange assigned too, Pinning Resolve is useless in PVP and you dont have any dots that would benefit from Focused Insight.

The spec just doesn't make any sense. Sure that you meant it that way? Torhead's kinda strange atm.

Particle Acceleration (kinetic) is only good for Combat Technique and since you took Shadow Technique from the infil tree, I assume that is the stance you are using. Also, the point in Force Focus (balance) is only good when Force Technique is active.

I would put those points somewhere else, where you can gain more benefit. Not trying to put your build down, just pointing out that as those 2 talents seem to give you extra damage, they are stance dependent.

Sorry, I forgot to mention in the original post that I switch stances in order to make those talents effective. Haha should have pointed that out :p

Also Changing stances to use the procs is very inefficient resources wise. If it works for you thats all that matters for you personally, but for me i couldnt use this spec. not in pvp especially.

When you run in Shadow Technique, the points in Particle Acceleration are wasted because the effect only works when using Combat Technique. And, honestly, when Shadow Technique makes 30% of your DPS your DPS seem to be kinda low. The points in the Balance tree are kinda.. strange assigned too, Pinning Resolve is useless in PVP and you dont have any dots that would benefit from Focused Insight.

The spec just doesn't make any sense. Sure that you meant it that way? Torhead's kinda strange atm.

If you're right with particle acceleration, pinning resolve also lowers the CD of force stun which is not that bad.

I would however agree the spec is weird, but if it works for ya :)

To be usefull in RANKED WZ KC Shadow must go Kinetic tree and wear a FULL Survival. Period.

Thank you for contributing to the discussion with in-depth thoughts and useful comments like other posters have done.

• 2 weeks later...
To be usefull in RANKED WZ KC Shadow must go Kinetic tree and wear a FULL Survival. Period.

Nonsense.

That said, the spec the OP put up makes absolutely no sense. DPS wise, its just really, really, really bad, and of course you're in Shadow technique so your survivability is very low compared to say Kinetic Combat.

If your Shadow technique is doing 30% of your total damage, I can kind of understand it because in all honesty, you have nothing else in the spec which is going to produce any damage. Everything is so gimped that nothing is actually doing any of the damage it was designed to.

You have the standard, weak TK throw that Balance and Infiltration Shadows have.

You have the standard, average Project that KC and Balance Shadows have.

You have the standard, average to weak double strike that Kinetic and Infiltration Shadows have.

You a Force in Balance which contributes nothing, you have nothing to proc anything.

The strongest attack you have is Force Breach, which isn't even hitting that hard because it's not a part of any burst.

Edited by Skolops

• 8 months later...
Nonsense.

That said, the spec the OP put up makes absolutely no sense. DPS wise, its just really, really, really bad, and of course you're in Shadow technique so your survivability is very low compared to say Kinetic Combat.

If your Shadow technique is doing 30% of your total damage, I can kind of understand it because in all honesty, you have nothing else in the spec which is going to produce any damage. Everything is so gimped that nothing is actually doing any of the damage it was designed to.

You have the standard, weak TK throw that Balance and Infiltration Shadows have.

You have the standard, average Project that KC and Balance Shadows have.

You have the standard, average to weak double strike that Kinetic and Infiltration Shadows have.

You a Force in Balance which contributes nothing, you have nothing to proc anything.

The strongest attack you have is Force Breach, which isn't even hitting that hard because it's not a part of any burst.

This is true, but once again whatever makes the game more enjoyable, go for it lol

This is so incorrect it's not even funny.

Hey, Shinarika!

Have you done anything on the PTS? I'm wondering what spec you're going to be running when RotHC goes live.

If you can give us any pointers on 1v1 specs, that would be AWESOME.

As always, you're an asset to the community. Keep up the great work!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.