Something I spotted concerning Revan at the end of Foundry flashpoint...

Deviss

I came back to SWTOR just recently (in fact like 2-3 days ago) due to bordeom diablo 3 has turned into. I haven't done the Foundry flashpoint in a while, I think the last time I did it was about 2 or 3 months ago thus obviously before 1.3 patch along with some other minor patches.

Did they slightly change the way Revan vanishes at the end of the Foundry? After he dissapears in the flash of lightning you can clearly see some steam coming off the ground... Was it there before? Maybe I am looking too much into it heh? I'll try to find some 1.1/1.2 Revan kill video on YT in order to be able to compare it.

Edited by Deviss

I know, actually I was the one who came up with this theory lol. Still, you can't be certain until we get the official confirmation on the matter...

Anyway, how is it relevant in any way to what I wrote in my post?

Edited by Deviss

I know, actually I was the one who came up with this theory lol. Still, you can't be certain until we get the official confirmation on the matter...

Anyway, how is it relevant in any way to what I wrote in my post?

Probably just a graphics update. Nothing to get worked up over, though. I thought I saw in an announcement that he would be back later. Some BioWare muckety said that he was alive, or something like that. I need to start getting ready for work, but I'll try to look it up when I get home.

Yeah, I actually asked Drew Karpyshyn (you know the guy who was a lead writer for KotOR, came up with Revan character and had a huge impact on the SW:TOR overall storyline) about Revan's future fate.

The interview is split into two parts, here are the links:

PART 1: http://lorefreak.blogspot.com/2012/02/exlusive-interview-with-drew-karpyshyn.html

PART 2: http://lorefreak.blogspot.com/2012/03/exclusive-interview-with-drew-karpyshyn.html

I was not the only one to ask him about this - though his answer was always very cryptic at best, with many 'buts'.

Edited by Deviss

Just watched some pre 1.3 vid and there is no steam coming off the ground as Revan is dissapearing in the flash of lightning... so they in fact changed it.

Revan will be back, mark my words.

• 8 months later...

https://twitter.com/hallhood/status/322715009400569856 I asked Hall Hood directly via the twitter in an attempt to get some hint about Revan's potential future fate. Here is the response that I received:

@hallhood Kudos to the entire BioWare team for Makeb - simply amazing. I hope we can expect more story content soon (Revan's return perhaps?

@LoreFreak1 Hehe... we'll see! Glad you enjoyed Makeb!

Interpret it as you wish, but he did not say no. :) As I said numerous times: mark my words, we will see more of Revan yet (would have been better to get brand new single player RPG game, but that is so not going to happen).

https://twitter.com/hallhood/status/322715009400569856

Interpret it as you wish, but he did not say no. :) As I said numerous times: mark my words, we will see more of Revan yet (would have been better to get brand new single player RPG game, but that is so not going to happen).

It would be better if Revan would just die all ready and they focus on developing interesting characters from the present, not keep dragging Revan's bones around because he's Drew Karpyshyn's pet and they want to keep milking fond memories of KotOR.

If they wanted to keep Revan around so much TOR should have been set a few years after KotOR, not 300 years later.

Edited by jovianus

It would be better if Revan would just die all ready and they focus on developing interesting characters from the present, not keep dragging Revan's bones around because he's Drew Karpyshyn's pet and they want to keep milking fond memories of KotOR.

If they wanted to keep Revan around so much TOR should have been set a few years after KotOR, not 300 years later.

Your kidding right? Revan would of been an amazing story npc for the republic being a figurehead, and a questgiver NPC. They should of evolved his story more with the republic instead of restricting him to 2 flashpoints midway and never see him again. Its obvious they should of done more. Which is why I am glad they kept that window open.

NOW IF THEY COULD ONLY FIX HIS OUTFIT'S BUGS. >_>

Deviss, if you ever get to talk to Drew again or manage to talk to a deve for swtor, tell them to tell BW/EA to fix his set. >_> Chestpeice light grey bug, double hood bug, and lower robe brown bug is atrocious.

It has been 5 months since the bugs first happened.

Edited by Magnusheart

Your kidding right? Revan would of been an amazing story npc for the republic being a figurehead, and a questgiver NPC. They should of evolved his story more with the republic instead of restricting him to 2 flashpoints midway and never see him again. Its obvious they should of done more. Which is why I am glad they kept that window open.

Revan should not be alive period right now. Revan as a holocron or Force Ghost or something on Tython would have been fine. A nice nod to KotOR without going into the current stupidity of , "Revan can't die ever! We need him to milk the fond memories people still have of the old games!"

Which they blew rather badly by having him be a babbling genocidal lunatic.

What they did was establish and finished the remaining plot holes and time lines through the revan book and this, to keep the game in its roots. Despite people's he shouldn't be alive. complaint.

It expands the story.

We fight at another Star Forge code name Foundry.

It evolves the Pub vs Imp plot that leads up to Malgus.

Gives them an ample excuse to keep HK-47.

It finishing the Failed Kotor 3. Through the Jedi Knight Storyline, and the flashpoints to conclude his story.

Like Luke Skywalker, after all the good and bad he did. in the end he failed. Luke passed away and Emperor Krayt rose to power. Revan fought for the republic, and his friends to be held prison for 5 years drugged on dromund kaas and then mentally ravaged by the emperor and held in stasis for 300 years crippled him.

Edited by Magnusheart