Healing questions?

KithPine

I went from DPS to healing and am only 20. As trooper I can't seem to keep health up at the start of the pull.

Usually it seems like the tank jumps in and the opening burst damage takes them to 1/4 health. I've tried spamming the healing probes, hammer shot, and combining them, but unless I crit on a heal I can't seem to pull their damage back up past the half way point. What am I doing wrong

Also am I expected to add extra damage to the fights or just keep the people standing?

I went from DPS to healing and am only 20. As trooper I can't seem to keep health up at the start of the pull.

Usually it seems like the tank jumps in and the opening burst damage takes them to 1/4 health. I've tried spamming the healing probes, hammer shot, and combining them, but unless I crit on a heal I can't seem to pull their damage back up past the half way point. What am I doing wrong

Also am I expected to add extra damage to the fights or just keep the people standing?

At level 20, you should have both Supercharge Cell and Kolto Bomb. As soon as you start into a flashpoint, start using Hammer Shot. You want this to stack your Combat Support Cell to 30 so you can use Supercharge at will.

When the tank jumps in and starts taking damage, it's best to activate Supercharge Cell, throw a Kolto Bomb to reduce incoming damage, then spam Adv Med Probe. This should keep your tank up and leave with with at least 7 ammo. Use 1-2 Hammer Shot after Supercharge expires, then thow a Med Probe on the tank.

Unless there is a huge spike of damage, you should be able to maintain a steady mix of Kolto Bomb, Adv Med Probe, Med Probe and Hammer Shot between them to keep the tank up and keep your ammo above 7. Then when spike damage hits, you should have enough Support Cells build up so you can use Supercharge again to keep your team up.

This was my experience in beta and during the early access. Things will get easier once you hit 27 and 30 to get Trauma Probe and the reduced cost of Med Probe after using Adv Med Probe.

Hope that helps some.

Yeah your not managing your abilities quite right...I did the same in the last beta. Now I am lvl 19 Combat Medic and have healed flashpoint Athiss with no probelm at all.

The key like the post above is to get 30 charges on supercharged cell then activate it and spam advanced med probe while supercharged cell is active.

Once supercharged cell is done go back to spamming normal med probe until supercharged cell is back to 30 charges.

Hammer shot should only be used to keep the tank at 80% or higher or when your low on cells.

I usually keep recharge cells for emergancy situations when I am low on ammo

the key is supercharged cells.

I am not a pro by any means giving my 2 cents...hope it helps

Edited by JJohnsonSWG

I wish to add to the previous 2 posts (which already contain very good info for you) that once you hit 27, you can have 3 skill points in the skill that gives you 100% chance (with 3 points in it) that when you use adv med probe, your next med probe will only cost 1 ammo instead of 3.

Once you have that, healing becomes A LOT easier.

Every time you use Supercharge, you just alternate adv med probe and med probe for 10 seconds and at the end of that 10 seconds, you still have 7-8 ammo left. It's amazing burst healing.

Before 27, use the advice from the 2 posters above.

Also keep in mind that it might not be your fault at all, maybe the tank in your group is too low level, undergeared or not using his defensive abilities.

If someone dies, it's not always the healers fault.

Lastly, at level 22, you get Concussive Round. It's a 1 minute crowd control with a 1 minute cooldown.

Most classes get a similar CC ability in their early 20's. If the fight is too hard, remind your teammates that they could CC some enemies before diving in and going splat.

Very good info so far.

I'm not sure if you are talking about a boss fight or a "trash" pull. Depending on the level, you just cannot group and AOE, damage will be too high and some CC should be in order. Even your Kolto Bomb can deny TONS of damage from a single mob not DPSing for a few seconds. At lvl 22 (I think) you get Concussion Round, make sure to target a Ranged mob far far away from the AOE mess the tank is

One final note to add from my point of view and this is a mistake I see happening in a lot of random groups.

Make sure your group members are all DPS'ing the same target. Kill 1 NPC first, then move to the next.

This will quickly take out 1 NPC at a time and significantly reduce the overall damage a group of enemies will do over the duration of the fight.

Same for groups of enemies with a standard, strong and boss enemy. Kill the weakest targets first unless the stronger targets pose a serious threat. The weak ones will die fast and that takes a lot of enemy DPS out of the equation.

Only the tank should occasionally hit the other targets to keep agro.