Free Transfers?

Shadowquinn

Server transfers don't "level out" server population, it makes it so there's a few crowded servers and a bunch of dead ghost town servers. Also it makes it so annoying players who cause trouble just change servers after everyone on a server hates them.

Server transfers are a bad idea, I've seen it kill a couple of games' servers. Even when they charged $10 for transfers in City of Heroes, it still in time made everyone move to the same couple of servers and killed the rest.

Edited by AeonWeapon

Server transfers don't "level out" server population, it makes it so there's a few crowded servers and a bunch of dead ghost town servers. Also it makes it so annoying players who cause trouble just change servers after everyone on a server hates them.

Server transfers are a bad idea, I've seen it kill a couple of games' servers. Even when they charged $10 for transfers in City of Heroes, it still in time made everyone move to the same couple of servers and killed the rest.

Pretty sure the horrible rubbish game that is CoH killed the game, not the server transfers.

Pretty sure the horrible rubbish game that is CoH killed the game, not the server transfers.

Lol, CoH had the most refined UI and game mechanics out of any MMO I've played, and I've played most of them at some point.

There are just so many simple but brilliant improvements over the typical MMO structure in that game to take the tedium out of MMO playing, it's so often overlooked for those things... For example, all missions are instanced, so you're never ever sitting around waiting for respawns or fighting over mobs, your team gets your own version of the mission with your own boss and drops. No wasting time clicking bodies to loot, or fighting over loot, because loot went right into your inventory, evenly distributed, no fuss.

Things like this add so much to quality of life and lack of drama in a game. And I can mention so much more: find team members search window, fully customizable interface and character appearance, people of all levels could team up and evened out everyone's power on teh team and let them share missions, encouraging so much teaming up. Yes, CoH wasn't the best game in other ways, but when it came to interface and removing interpersonal interaction problems, it was the best MMO ever.

Thanks for the input though troll.

Edited by AeonWeapon

Lol, CoH had the most refined UI and game mechanics out of any MMO I've played, and I've played most of them at some point.

There are just so many simple but brilliant improvements over the typical MMO structure in that game to take the tedium out of MMO playing, it's so often overlooked for those things... For example, all missions are instanced, so you're never ever sitting around waiting for respawns or fighting over mobs, your team gets your own version of the mission with your own boss and drops. No wasting time clicking bodies to loot, or fighting over loot, because loot went right into your inventory, evenly distributed, no fuss.

Things like this add so much to quality of life and lack of drama in a game. And I can mention so much more: find team members search window, fully customizable interface and character appearance, people of all levels could team up and evened out everyone's power on teh team and let them share missions, encouraging so much teaming up. Yes, CoH wasn't the best game in other ways, but when it came to interface and removing interpersonal interaction problems, it was the best MMO ever.

Thanks for the input though troll.

I love the deductive thinking of people now days... truth = trolling. If CoH was that great of a game it wouldn't have capped out at 200k subscribers. Overall the game was not very successful. Just because you thought it was the best thing since sliced bread doesn't mean it was.

Well let's see....

How will they make sure enough people transfer off to make a difference, but not so many that the server ends up dead?

Nah, they'll just wait till the people who are only playing on their $5 pre-order all leave before they have to pay the other $55.

Hello!

The topic of transferring servers is certainly a popular one. However, we already have an ongoing thread about this, HERE. In an effort to consolidate discussion, we are going to close this thread now, and ask you continue your discussion there.

Thank you, and have a fantastic day!