Recommended Sentinel Build?

VirusChris

I haven't been on for a few months now, and it's Game Update 1.3 I believe and I've noticed the first thing when I logged back on that my skills have be reset, so now I have to re-make my Jedi Sentinel build again as they changed it around now.

Though I haven't check the skills out again, it seems to me, that everything has changed a lot and now I'm wondering which skills I should focus on for a PvE build and will deal the most damage as fast as possible and such like I had going previous but better with the new tweaked skills.

Anyway one got some recommendations for me? I'm currently LV18 on my Jedi Sentinel, which is definitely been a while and have 9 Skill Points to use, and I remember the Watchman Skill Tree was the best DPS skill tree to focus on to make a powerful and fast DPS Sentinel, but what about now?

Can anyone help me?

Hmm... I like being able to hit hard and fast especially with critical damage helping out, but at the same time keep to myself alive when fighting enemies when things get a little tough.

So I guess a mix between Combat and Focus.

The sentinel trees don't really lend themselves to hybrid builds, and all three of them are quite good. Combat isn't really good until you get precision and debilitate. Focus can work, but really needs Force Exhaustion. Watchman is pretty good once you get overload saber around level 20, and just goes uphill from there. So if you want to be effective early on, i'd recommend watchman.

The sentinel trees don't really lend themselves to hybrid builds, and all three of them are quite good. Combat isn't really good until you get precision and debilitate. Focus can work, but really needs Force Exhaustion. Watchman is pretty good once you get overload saber around level 20, and just goes uphill from there. So if you want to be effective early on, i'd recommend watchman.

I like to be effective as soon as possible! What's the recommended skills I should have for the Watchman Tree Skill? And possible a second Skill Tree to work on?

I haven't been on for a few months now, and it's Game Update 1.3 I believe and I've noticed the first thing when I logged back on that my skills have be reset, so now I have to re-make my Jedi Sentinel build again as they changed it around now.

Though I haven't check the skills out again, it seems to me, that everything has changed a lot and now I'm wondering which skills I should focus on for a PvE build and will deal the most damage as fast as possible and such like I had going previous but better with the new tweaked skills.

Anyway one got some recommendations for me? I'm currently LV18 on my Jedi Sentinel, which is definitely been a while and have 9 Skill Points to use, and I remember the Watchman Skill Tree was the best DPS skill tree to focus on to make a powerful and fast DPS Sentinel, but what about now?

Can anyone help me?

I typically prefer Combat DPS over anything else (having played all specs) because it's active damage over passive (no dots) and it's probably the burst-i-est spec of the three. Watchmen is nice because of the heals and the quick interrupts, Focus is "nice" because of the massive damage on Sweep, but really, that spec is better designed for Guardians than Sentinels.

If you want to be able to handle "Strong" level mobs in about 3 globals, I'd go with Combat, if you want to last a bit longer between having to do your channeled self-heal, I'd go with Watchmen.

Hmm... really hard to choose which skills are best suited to my play style.

I went with the Combat/Watchman Skill Tree build before the game update, so maybe I should go back to that. I'll look at the skills more closer and see which is more suited to me, but I'm going to grab that Dual Wield Mastery skill as that's absolute needed for dual wielding and to increase the overall attack power of my character.

The Watchman skills are looking good so far to me with that Overload Saber skill.

Hmm... really hard to choose which skills are best suited to my play style.

I went with the Combat/Watchman Skill Tree build before the game update, so maybe I should go back to that. I'll look at the skills more closer and see which is more suited to me, but I'm going to grab that Dual Wield Mastery skill as that's absolute needed for dual wielding and to increase the overall attack power of my character.

The Watchman skills are looking good so far to me with that Overload Saber skill.

Dual wield mastery is very good for any spec, and you may want to consider defensive roll as well, being meele, the 30% aoe damage reduction is HUGE.

I do find myself to be more of a team player in PvP, but was wondering how Combat lends itself to be more team oriented?

Also I have a jugg with the rage tree (shared tree to Focus) and let me say, it is a lot of fun.

Edited by MasterFeign

I like to be effective as soon as possible! What's the recommended skills I should have for the Watchman Tree Skill? And possible a second Skill Tree to work on?

I would recommend just focusing on one tree for the moment. I personally like to put 31 points in one tree before thinking about placing any points in the other trees.

When you hit level 20 you should be taking overload saber. I would do something like this..

Beyond that, yes I would eventually fill out some points in the Combat tree as was mentioned already. Duel Wield mastery isn't bad but not critical for a watchman build. Defensive roll is a great one to take, so isn't defensive forms (gives you 2 more percent of internal and elemental resistance while in Juyo form).

Perhaps something like this with 3 to spare? With the extra I may place two in Imflamation and one in stagger to give your root that extra half second and gives you a second snare in your cauterize.

PS I am Combat spec (go combat or go home :p) so someone more familiar with Watchman may have a better idea. That would be my rough outline if I were to re-spec.

@MasterFeign, it's the fleetfooted talent that further increases Transcendence's movement speed bonus by 15/30 percent, our extra talented roots in crippling throw and master strike and added benefit that we make decent tankbusters.

Edited by Ridickilis

Dual wield mastery is very good for any spec, and you may want to consider defensive roll as well, being meele, the 30% aoe damage reduction is HUGE.

Defensive Roll is a good idea as well! I go with that as well! Can never go wrong with more defense!

Though the 30% AoE damage reduction is that bad? Can that be remedy in any form?

I would recommend just focusing on one tree for the moment. I personally like to put 31 points in one tree before thinking about placing any points in the other trees.

When you hit level 20 you should be taking overload saber. I would do something like this..

Beyond that, yes I would eventually fill out some points in the Combat tree as was mentioned already. Duel Wield mastery isn't bad but not critical for a watchman build. Defensive roll is a great one to take, so isn't defensive forms (gives you 2 more percent of internal and elemental resistance while in Juyo form).

Perhaps something like this with 3 to spare? With the extra I may place two in Imflamation and one in stagger to give your root that extra half second and gives you a second snare in your cauterize.

PS I am Combat spec (go combat or go home :p) so someone more familiar with Watchman may have a better idea. That would be my rough outline if I were to re-spec.

@MasterFeign, it's the fleetfooted talent that further increases Transcendence's movement speed bonus by 15/30 percent, our extra talented roots in crippling throw and master strike and added benefit that we make decent tankbusters.

Hmm... I guess I'll go with the second link you provided with me for my skills, but I'm going to add the Dual Wielding first just in case. I like the little extra damage, I prefer hitting them hard and fast without them giving a chance to hit me.

Thanks! I'll definitely use this build for now!

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc/#501hMMZZbIbRMRrfs.2

Haha, sounds good, thanks. I initially started speccing into that tree mostly for the offhand lighsaber bonus but I really should keep going at it.

I do find myself to be more of a team player in PvP, but was wondering how Combat lends itself to be more team oriented?

Also I have a jugg with the rage tree (shared tree to Focus) and let me say, it is a lot of fun.

Combat is more team orientated because of the lack of self healing you have, so you'll need a team to stay alive usually.

Also you get multiple roots and an insane (80% talented) group speedbuff

^True, I rarely use zen myself unless I'm pveing. I mean it's not bad when you have enough focus to spam blade rush every 1 second instead of 1.5 seconds while throwing in a blade storm that's on the same 1 second GCD but I never use it in pvp.

I like the little extra damage, I prefer hitting them hard and fast without them giving a chance to hit me.

Honestly I get the feeling you might be happier if you tried the Combat tree first. Watchman does the most overall DPS when people post their parsed damage from all three trees (you can't argue with math). However you really need to pay attention to your dots, this is something I myself don't have the patience for so I generally shy away from dot classes/specs. If you want that 'fast and furious' feel, Combat is the way to go. It's a great burst spec.

For some ideas what it would look like at level 20, at level 40 and filling in the rest. I left 3 open again to fill in where you see fit. :D

Ha-ha very funny Stealios, yet so true at the same time. lol

Edited by Ridickilis

Well let me put it this way....

With a combat sentinel in PVP you have the speed buff of transcendence which right off the bat can win a match for your team. Here are some of the benefits of this one ability

Novarae coast: you can zerg south and cap before the fighting even starts

Huttball: you will get the ball first

Civil War: You can either ensure that you cap left first and/or you can send a group to right to easily stop a cap and take it for your team

Voidstar: you can get to the next room faster than your opponents which is helpful both on offense and defense but really shines when attacking

So that's just the benefits of transcendence but you also have a 3 second root with crippling throw which is extremely helpful to your team especially when those pesky sorc/sage healers try to run off. You have native 15% faster movement, fast bust damage and the ability to break out of slow/roots with force camo.

Combat is a very handy team oriented spec and I can see that in ranked warzones its almost a requirement to have one on the team. I used to run Watchman (which is also really great) but have been running combat in PUGS for a while now and love it. I know my random teammates must love it when I drop transcendence at the beginning of a match.

^True, I rarely use zen myself unless I'm pveing. I mean it's not bad when you have enough focus to spam blade rush every 1 second instead of 1.5 seconds while throwing in a blade storm that's on the same 1 second GCD but I never use it in pvp.

Honestly I get the feeling you might be happier if you tried the Combat tree first. Watchman does the most overall DPS when people post their parsed damage from all three trees (you can't argue with math). However you really need to pay attention to your dots, this is something I myself don't have the patience for so I generally shy away from dot classes/specs. If you want that 'fast and furious' feel, Combat is the way to go. It's a great burst spec.

For some ideas what it would look like at level 20, at level 40 and filling in the rest. I left 3 open again to fill in where you see fit. :D

Ha-ha very funny Stealios, yet so true at the same time. lol

Well... I'll work on Combat then. If I don't like what I have, where do I go to reset my Skill Tree build? It's been a while.

All three trees are viable now.

Watchman= Heals and sustained dmg.

Combat= Team utility and burst dmg.

Focus= Survivability and AoE dmg.

Just depends on your play style.

Focus has less survivability than Watchman and is better labelled "1 trick pony." :)

best dps spec = watchman

burst dps (decent for PvP, especially ranked) = combat

Focus = roll a guardian it will be better.

For PvE I see no reason to go combat what so ever, the burst of watchman proves to be very efficient even on encounters like the bombers on Kephess, and generally parse higher due to how quick dots are built along with Zen.

Fact is, combat hardly uses Zen for anything decent (apart from running faster) which proves its inferiority.

Of course, you'll find a few guys telling you that combat is harder, and thus is better. Let them think what ever they want, there is no space for half efficiency in this galaxy. Watchman/Anni is the best PvE dps in the game, period.

Anything else is a waste of sentinel.

best dps spec = watchman

burst dps (decent for PvP, especially ranked) = combat

Focus = roll a guardian it will be better.

For PvE I see no reason to go combat what so ever, the burst of watchman proves to be very efficient even on encounters like the bombers on Kephess, and generally parse higher due to how quick dots are built along with Zen.

Fact is, combat hardly uses Zen for anything decent (apart from running faster) which proves its inferiority.

Of course, you'll find a few guys telling you that combat is harder, and thus is better. Let them think what ever they want, there is no space for half efficiency in this galaxy. Watchman/Anni is the best PvE dps in the game, period.

Anything else is a waste of sentinel.

Watchman/Anni? What's Anni?

I was thinking of using this build:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc/#501GGMRRrbdhzZRMZbc.2

For my Sentinel... I wouldn't mind going into PvP matches sometime, but I like to focus on powering-up my Jedi Sentinel.

Watchman/Anni? What's Anni?

I was thinking of using this build:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc/#501GGMRRrbdhzZRMZbc.2

For my Sentinel... I wouldn't mind going into PvP matches sometime, but I like to focus on powering-up my Jedi Sentinel.

Well, in Ranked WZ PvP, Combat is known to be better because your trick as Watchman are easier to counter.

However, we're talking about Ranked, and still, only this.

In Pug PVP, Watchman does wonder, your interrupt is a pain in the *** of healers.

For PvE, you will loose a lot of dps by going combat, like it or not. And the dps you'll loose will be even worse on something else than a strawman as you will not be able to burst as much as you would like.

Apart from if you have full WH gear and a ranked wz team, go watchman, really :)

NB : And yes of course you can reset your skills in combat training section.

Edited by Nolenthar