Knight or Warrior?

Shotgonius

I've only leveled a JK to 50, but personally I enjoy the Knight better than my Warrior. Mainly because I'm not into the whole dark side kill all attitude and who mean guy feel the warrior brings. I loved the Jedi knight story though, it felt very heroic. And Doc is the best companion ever (besides Blizz).

Played full Light Side Knight and a Grey Warrior.

Warrior story seemed a deeper, with a lot more spiritual and moral aspects to it. Might be the way I played those characters, though. Who knows, maybe Knight wouldn't feel as flat as it did if I played him darker.

Edited by Helig

The characters in the warrior's story are much more developed in my opinion and its really good. I especially enjoyed the first chapter when you are an apprentice. Jedi Knight's story line is all about epicness, though. Your character really feels like a hero and very strong, not just a pawn.

Flavor Wise, Jugg > Guardian.

Sentinel > Marauder. The zen warrior is always cooler in my opinion. He's considerate, intelligent and educated. Not just a brute.

As for the combat animations, Sith Warriors look very nice. Force scream is awesome (I play with headphones with vibration and it's a deep noise, so it really feels powerful). Ravage and vicious slash look really cool wearing two sabers and the juggernaut just looks bad***.

Good luck. It's a very fun class to play, whatever AC you choose :D

Edited by lpsmash

I have a Sent and Jugg. As for story goes Warrior starts off great, but it gets predictable in the later half. Knight was pretty good all the way through. Companion wise I'd say Warrior.

Both are good, but I'd go with Knight.

Edited by HeavensTerror

Sentinel > Marauder. The zen warrior is always cooler in my opinion. He's considerate, intelligent and educated. Not just a brute.

Oi! Don't call my Marauder a brute, she thinks very carefully about who she'll kill and why. Makes up reasons on the spot she does, very creative.

I'd vote for Warrior for both story and companions. The Knight just seems too goody goody, it's fun but lacks the punch that the Warrior story has.

The companions, again Warrior. That's entirely a personal bias, I just like them more.

JK - Cooler "fluid" animations (especially the Guardian Master Strike is just awesomeness), terribad story,

SW - Boring "I IZ ANGRY" animations, great Chapter I and II and a pretty good Chap. III

SW's voice actor is also superior to the JK (male). JK isn't "bad" mind you, fits the character well, but SW is just perfect.

Also, as far as I recall your LS/DS choices had a way greater impact on your story as SW. As JK they have hardly any impact at all.

Edited by Tholrien

Flavor Wise, Jugg > Guardian.

As for the combat animations, Sith Warriors look very nice. Force scream is awesome (I play with headphones with vibration and it's a deep noise, so it really feels powerful). Ravage and vicious slash look really cool wearing two sabers and the juggernaut just looks bad***.

I think the opposite.

Animation wise, the Warrior is more brutal, and the Knight more elegant.

When using only one saber, brutality is not what i prefer, the movements of the Juggernaut are too harsh. So i chose Guardian over Juggernaut.

When wearing dual lightsaber, most of the animation are the same, but I think the bit of brutality of the Sith animation like Saccage or Force scream fits more this style of fight. Plus, dual LS wearing make the movement of the Sith, less harsh, more smooth. The Marauder looks wild. I like it. The Jedi movements like master strike or Blade Strom don't fit dual saber style in my opinion. So i chose Marauder over Sentinel

Edited by Altheran

I think the opposite.

Animation wise, the Warrior is more brutal, and the Knight more elegant.

When using only one saber, brutality is not what i prefer, the movements of the Juggernaut are too harsh. So i chose Guardian over Juggernaut.

When wearing dual lightsaber, most of the animation are the same, but I think the bit of brutality of the Sith animation like Saccage or Force scream fits more this style of fight. Plus, dual LS wearing make the movement of the Sith, less harsh, more smooth. The Marauder looks wild. I like it. The Jedi movements like master strike or Blade Strom don't fit dual saber style in my opinion. So i chose Marauder over Sentinel

I agree. Whereas Juggernaut stance\animations look cartoony and exaggerated, the Guardian looks just appropriate.

The Sentinel, however, seems to be overdoing on the "elegant" part, while the Marauder just looks more visceral and efficient. Dual-wielded Ravage is one of the most awesome things there is in ToR.

I agree. Whereas Juggernaut stance\animations look cartoony and exaggerated, the Guardian looks just appropriate.

The Sentinel, however, seems to be overdoing on the "elegant" part, while the Marauder just looks more visceral and efficient. Dual-wielded Ravage is one of the most awesome things there is in ToR.

Even though my SW isn't too high as my Sentinel I already like his story abit more. The characters seem much better. Even though the JK has a good epic story it does seem like every planet is very similar so far.

I was VERY on the fence about which to make the dual-weird DPS and which to make the tank. I ended up going with Sentinel and Jugg because I thought the Sent would look more elegant, but you're quite right it does seem to be overdoing it abit. Many of the moves I've seen look more like he's doing a solo show off routine than actually fighting, it's hard to explain but there seems to be no real sense of impact on many of his moves.

I also prefer to be on the Empire slightly and figured I'd want a tank so made my SW the Jugg but I actually think I like tanking as a PT or Assassin more. I really wish I could switch them so I had the Sith Marauder and Jedi Guardian. I'm even thinking of rerolling the Sentinel to a Guardian but really don't want to go through his story again(I'm about level 30 on him). I now almost feel obligated to stay Jugg just to experience the different playstyle. I really wish I could just get another character slot and make a Sith Jugg and Marauder, just can't completely decide on which body types, I'm think 3 for Jugg 2 for Marauder.

I like the jk story more and the first 2 leveling zones are more fluid. As for companion I don't think it matters, but that's cause I always use the healer companion when I get them. Personally, can't stand that wimp healer on the sith warrior, but jk healer is a lot better. Kira also interesting. I also hate balmora on sith side, so that factors in a lot. As for animation guardians jk animation I like and hated the force scream animation and 1 hand holding animation of sith. As for sentinel and mara the animations are about equal in that I don't like 1 animation for each side. However, I prefer the armor styles of sentinel for endgame. Thus, sentinel wins over mara, but it's only a marginal win.

As someone who has both a 50 sentinel and a 50 jugg, I have to say the better experience was jugg hands down.

The sentinel felt cliche, predictable, dry, and just plain boring. You never feel like you have choice, the story is just one big repetitive "save planet ____ from another goofy doomsday weapon" after another. The warrior on the other had (while having a unremarkable act 2 admittedly) had several occasions where you just stared at your screen wondering what choice to make (the only class to do it better was the agent imo). Moral decisions were not black and white, it left plenty of room for role play. The warrior's plot did however start to trail off after act 1, and while it did deliver a very strong, emotionally satisfying ending, the later parts were very predictable (which I believe to have a certain charm, your character felt determined, like he/she had a destiny to fulfill).

The knight on the other hand had none of this.

I will say however that the knight has the most interesting companions in the game (I have 2 50s, a 48 and a 43) out of all the classes I've played, and the warrior had two companions that are absolutely boring and uninspired (broonmark and pierce). The knight also had a very strong act 2 climax that really made me go "wow!". However the ending to both act 1 and act 3 were unmemorable and lame, polar opposite of the warrior who's act 1 and act 3 were both amazing with a boring act 2 in the middle.

My 2 cents.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.