Vanguard color crystals

is there any reason as a vanguard tank i should ever care about my color crystals?

i never actually see the thing other than the occasional hammer shot to the far out mob

i feel kinda guilty taking the +41 endurance black orange crystal in our last EC run, no one else could use it, i should be a lil excited about getting a cool color...but all i could think was...meh...not like ill ever see it

I feel kinda shafted in this regard

any other class/spec get this shafted?

Meh I don't know about orange/black but I do like the way blue-black looks with hammer shot. It'd be nice if more of the attack animations for non force users (or at least both trooper types as my sniper isn't high enough to be able to tell) reflected the color crystal you have in use, but c'est la can't call it particularly high on my wish list overall.

Meh I don't know about orange/black but I do like the way blue-black looks with hammer shot. It'd be nice if more of the attack animations for non force users (or at least both trooper types as my sniper isn't high enough to be able to tell) reflected the color crystal you have in use, but c'est la can't call it particularly high on my wish list overall.

they recently changed a number of the gunslinger animations to use the color crystals last patch.

with my vaguard im usually in a person's face close enough to never actually see the color

It does come down to how much you REALLY care about it. I play assault spec commando, so the only 2 skills I really see my colour crystal on are hammer shot and full auto. Granted I'm always at range and I can actually distinguish what colour it is, but I can sympathise somewhat. I'm just not overly interested in wielding a glowbat so it's the price I have to pay for playing the class I enjoy the most.