STOP emailing me pointless information.

Shagraty

I am getting a little annoyed by the marketing emails I am getting from SWtOR at this time.

Telling me I can get a FREE ! Character Transfer and even have exclusive in-game pet, as well as 25 Black Hole commendations !

Its pointless trying to make me change servers when I can't move from the Server I am on to the Server I want because its full or its PVP so unless your going to unlock everything stop wasting everybody's time with silly emails.

MR :mad:

I am getting a little annoyed by the marketing emails I am getting from SWtOR at this time.

Telling me I can get a FREE ! Character Transfer and even have exclusive in-game pet, as well as 25 Black Hole commendations !

Its pointless trying to make me change servers when I can't move from the Server I am on to the Server I want because its full or its PVP so unless your going to unlock everything stop wasting everybody's time with silly emails.

Go to https://account.swtor.com/user/info and uncheck all three email boxes.

Don't get me wrong. I have also elected not to transfer, but do you really not want to get important emails like that?

Suppose that you were one of the people that were demanding transfers for the last 6 months and they didn't notify you. I would expect an angry post asking why weren't you notified.

I understand that you are just taking this excuse to vent your frustration at the process, but be careful what you wish for.

I think you are missing the point, its not the emails, its what they say ( well thats my guess as I am getting them too).

That's beside the point. If you don't want to receive these emails, simply uncheck the boxes.

I've received a dozen of these "Transfer now" emails. I personally just ignore them. For me, it's a level one triggering it.

I'm with the OP on this. The point is, they're selling this transfer process as something wonderful and prize-worthy, but they didn't think it through. They've limited the number of servers you're ABLE to transfer to, and limited the number of characters per server to something unworkable. If you've got a full roster of 8 Republic characters on a server and another 8 Imperial characters on another server and are being asked (with prizes) to move all of them onto a server that only supports 8 character slots altogether, then what's the point of asking?

That's just one example. The point is.. BW's timing is messed up. Expand the number of characters per server, THEN offer transfers. THEN feel free to give me a vanity pet for my trouble.

Yeah this kinda "bribing" ppl to move from servers now with Pet & Black Hole commendations ist just silly.

Espesially in our case on Rp-Pvp server cause in Eu there's only 1 Eng Rp-Pvp server & no love for it during any transfer wave as it wasn't destination server at any point,but instead Tomb of Freedon Nadd "Pure Pvp" & now laters came option to move to Progenitor "RP" server so that kinda treatment towards loyal Rp-Pvp fans is wrong.

We have our Last Stand guild there & we tried to think of a good name for it & one that would be related to the bad treatment that was given to us Rp-Pvp fans in these 2x silly destinations for transfer. To go to TOFN which already is packed to the ceiling & it wasn't Rp-Pvp & there is inmature community. Then there's now a chance "been for a while" to go to Progenitor Rp server,but it's not Rp-Pvp so blah still no love for Rp-Pvp fans.

Many of us who are still in Lord Calypho think that Rp-Pvp is the true form of Rp in Mmo cause then u get true feeling of meeting enemy faction members in outdoors and not just in instanced wannabe Pvp where there isn't this samekinda true feeling of excitement of surprise encounter with ur enemy.

Many did leave from Lord Calypho server before we got the idea of forming the Last Stand guild "where many Rp-Pvp lovers Unite and are as one big family" & bet that those True Rp-Pvp fans who left to TOFN Pvp r disappointed by now,but maybe they come b when pay to transfer chance comes..never know. "Some did come back with new character to tell about the bad situation on that server"..well,bad for those who prefer Rp-Pvp.

Hopefully this stops and Rp-Pvp fans get some love soonish.

Friendly regards: Terry :cool:

Edited by Dragen
To clarify things

I don't mind receiving the occasional e-mail from SWTOR, but what annoys me is that I seem to be getting an e-mail for EACH of the servers I play on... I got one for my toons on The Shadowlands when they were just about to lvl 10, then again during transfer time. Shortly after that, I got two more, for the one I have on another server. No need to send me multiple e-mails... Just one per account would be fine.

I got the same e-mail and i have all my characters on the Asia/Pacific servers so there is no way i would transfer but the point is i don't have any characters on other servers as i transferred mine all free back in April/May when they set up the Asia/Pacific servers.

I got the same e-mail and i have all my characters on the Asia/Pacific servers so there is no way i would transfer but the point is i don't have any characters on other servers as i transferred mine all free back in April/May when they set up the Asia/Pacific servers.

You still get the stuff on apc servers, they said so in another topic.

I'm with the OP on this. The point is, they're selling this transfer process as something wonderful and prize-worthy, but they didn't think it through. They've limited the number of servers you're ABLE to transfer to, and limited the number of characters per server to something unworkable. If you've got a full roster of 8 Republic characters on a server and another 8 Imperial characters on another server and are being asked (with prizes) to move all of them onto a server that only supports 8 character slots altogether, then what's the point of asking?

That's just one example. The point is.. BW's timing is messed up. Expand the number of characters per server, THEN offer transfers. THEN feel free to give me a vanity pet for my trouble.

The point is is that your missing the point. These transfers were simply to make populations dense and they dont want anyone playing on the now super-dead servers. those people will be like "*** where is every1 no1 plays this game". the emails are to combat that.

Expanded transfers are coming, and more character slots are also likely to come.

The point is is that your missing the point. These transfers were simply to make populations dense and they dont want anyone playing on the now super-dead servers. those people will be like "*** where is every1 no1 plays this game". the emails are to combat that.

Expanded transfers are coming, and more character slots are also likely to come.

More slots to come, yeah... should have been inclusive with the transfer service starting up, if that was the plan all along.