The possibility of a teleport back.

MadProfStein

So, I absolutely love the new flashpoint system. The fact that I can be anywhere in the world and just queue is great, and I also really appreciate t hat they added a free instant shuttle that takes you right inside.

I do have one problem, however After you've done your flashpoint, you're stuck back on the fleet. Could it ever be possible to have a system in place to take us back to where we were? Or if not that, at least back to that planets space port?

It's just a bit annoying to be out doing missions and leveling, then do a flashpoint for experience and gear, and have to go back through 6 loading screens to get back to where we were doing missions.

already stated that they are working on it. the FPs were already coded to bring you back to the FP entrance when completed. they just have to change the code and add in the option of porting back to where you were when exiting.

As the above poster said, they are aware of the issue and are presumably working on something. If you haven't been reading them, check out the weekly Q&A sessions with the developers; they provide a lot of good answers!

already stated that they are working on it. the FPs were already coded to bring you back to the FP entrance when completed. they just have to change the code and add in the option of porting back to where you were when exiting.

WOW! This is fantastic news! I have 3 kids and a full time job so I dont get a whole lot of time to reserach this kinda stuff. Thanks for posting that they are aware and working on implimenting this. Could you or someone else post a link to some kind of official post stating this? I would love to hear it from the horses mouth so-to-speak.

Thanks!

As the above poster said, they are aware of the issue and are presumably working on something. If you haven't been reading them, check out the weekly Q&A sessions with the developers; they provide a lot of good answers!

And my question was anwsered while I was typing the said question!

Thanks Noobinator

I have only done about three FP's (non heroics) since the LFG system started, and in all three of the ones I did, there was an NPC you had to talk to (to close out the story and gain any social points you earned) once it was all over and you hit the "exit area" button. That NPC was on the fleet, or one of the other two ships that are part of the fleet.

If you ported back to your original location when hitting the "exit" button, you could not be able to complete these things unless you traveled back to the fleet.

Greetings,

This is a common community request and is something we are considering for the future, as explained by Development Director Antonia Phillips:

Shuttling to Starting Location:

One of the issues most commonly noted is that you are not returned to your original location when you end/exit a Flashpoint or Operation.

This is not a bug; let me explain that a little bit better!

In the game today, without the Group Finder, when you exit a Flashpoint or Operation you are NOT shuttled back to your original location - you're taken to the entrance.

Although this is currently how the Flashpoint and Operation exit technology functions, we understand the importance of modifying this functionality, especially for the Group Finder. We already have a plan to provide this as soon as possible. The moment we know what update this can be included with, we will let you know!

We hope this gives a bit more insight into our future plans for the Group Finder Tool. Read her full post for other details on Group Finder.