Pvp gear help

stephenalandavie

They mean all three and before 1.3 the only way you could get augment slots was to craft your own oranges and then move the mods. So you'd make some orange gear with augment slots and put your BM mods in them. Then trade your BM gear in for Warhero and also move those mods into your oranges.

I guess with 1.3 its still the same only you will find any oranges and just toss on teh augment kits.

Basically buying oraneg gear with augment slots or augment kits is expensive so better to do it once.

Edited by LancelotOC

Hi

I am having trouble with Pvp gear and understanding it.

Why do loads seem to rip out their WH mods and put it in their BM gear? Also When they said Mods, do they mean enhancements and armor to or just the mod itself?.

Yeah, what you're often seeing is crafted WH gear that has no mods at all so no stats. They have BM gear and move those mods over so that they get the benefit, plus, the turn in for new WH gear takes your BM gear. =/

Hi

I am having trouble with Pvp gear and understanding it.

Why do loads seem to rip out their WH mods and put it in their BM gear? Also When they said Mods, do they mean enhancements and armor to or just the mod itself?.

Some stats are more useful than others. As an operative healer I prefer crit/surge/power to alacrity, so I will eventually rip out my mods and enhancements to replace alacrity with more of those stats.

I also dont like my 4pc (+5 energy) set bonus too much, so I plan on getting the 2pc concealment bonus (+1 second on dodge).

this depends. i'll give you 2 scenarios.

1: they like the look of BM gear over WH so they are using BM shell instead.

2: they are using the cheap easy way of gearing out.. for that i'll referr you to my other post instead of typing it all out.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=499289

hope this answers your question.

Edited by crustie

They mean all three and before 1.3 the only way you could get augment slots was to craft your own oranges and then move the mods. So you'd make some orange gear with augment slots and put your BM mods in them. Then trade your BM gear in for Warhero and also move those mods into your oranges.

I guess with 1.3 its still the same only you will find any oranges and just toss on teh augment kits.

Basically buying oraneg gear with augment slots or augment kits is expensive so better to do it once.

So basically they rip everything out?

Ok heres a question A full WH set of 5 to get the bonus which they have, is it possible to rip the mods, enhancements and armoring from the WH into the BM would it give the BM the WH bonus? and would you lose the BM bonus then i take it?

this depends. i'll give you 2 scenarios.

1: they like the look of BM gear over WH so they are using BM shell instead.

2: they are using the cheap easy way of gearing out.. for that i'll referr you to my other post instead of typing it all out.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=499289

hope this answers your question.

Thank you much appreciated.

So basically they rip everything out?

Ok heres a question A full WH set of 5 to get the bonus which they have, is it possible to rip the mods, enhancements and armoring from the WH into the BM would it give the BM the WH bonus? and would you lose the BM bonus then i take it?

Yes. The set bonus is determined by the 'armoring' So, if you rip out a WH armoring and put it into a BM armoring slot, the set bonus will transfer over.

The only limitation is that you can only transfer leg to leg, chest to chest or gloves to gloves etc.