Looking for Healing Sage Stat Suggestions

Jenemi

Yes, let's see...

2000 Willpower: (2000 x 1.11 = 2220) (2220 x 0.14 = 310.8 Bonus Damage

2000 Power: 2000 x 0.17 = 340 Bonus Damage

Oh, yes yes yes I concede to your "new math"

Oh for christ sake. That's 9.4% more Bonus Healing (NOT damage, damage is 0.20 and 0.23). The crit benefit of Willpower provides the equivalent of approximately 15% additional bonus healing or damage, though that varies up to a percent in either direction depending on spec and gear. That puts Willpower at the equivalent of ~357.5 Bonus Healing, ~5% more than than Power. I don't care if you're "comfortable" with your crit chance, more crit STILL increases your healing and damage throughput, and since Willpower's crit contribution is on a completely separate DR curve from Crit Rating (and one that falls off much slower), that crit contribution is nearly static regardless of your current gear (and regardless of how much crit rating you already have on it).

The ONLY time your total crit chance factors into the Willpower equation is that 40% threshold. Unfortunately, even at rather high levels of Willpower, it still takes more than the optimal amount of Crit Rating to hit that threshold. Thus stacking more Willpower instead of Power in those augment slots means you get to trade out some of that excess Crit Rating you had to hit that 40% threshold, picking up more Power on your Mod or Enhancement slots instead. Thus you get BOTH bonuses.

Yes, you are quite right. The effects start at about a 0.008 return and DIMINISH the more you try to stack Willpower. So clearly there is no point that you wish to STOP STACKING Willpower and start stacking raw power. My total crit return at 1769 Willpower is 0.00646. This means that I am now getting 0.00566 return to crit for every additional point of Willpower I add to my build. Things just keep getting better and better? No, they are getting worse and worse.

There actually does exist a point. For DPS, it's in the ballpark of 9k Willpower. For healers, based on the differing conversion ratios, my napkin math guesstimates it at around 4500 Willpower, still WELL out of reach of current gearing. One thing is for certain, here, however: Willpower is just flat superior with currently available gear.

Now, if you just REALLY want to boost your bonus damage, even at the expense of your actual healing output, be my guest, but don't think for one minute that it's actually "superior" to do so.

Seriously, this rumor needs to die. I'm beginning to get really glad I don't have to deal with these forums much longer...

Edited by Daellia

Okay...so umm.... ^^; Follow-up to my original post:

Firstly, I have both BH Implants and the BH Offhand now. All my mods are officially non-lettered :) The aptitude are all 26 but 3 of the Mettle are still 25. I expect when I do get the Mettle to 26, I may either need to switch one or two to Aptitude or play around with some enhancements (will probably switch some Crit ones to Quick Savant--cheaper than Crit+Surge/Adept last I checked) depending on how high my crit gets when I do upgrade the Mettle Mods too 26 (Probably won't be too soon though). Crit is at 35.92% at the moment.

Meanwhile, Surge is at 75.63%. However, I do have an Advanced Adept Enhancement 25 which needs to become a 26 and may make my Surge too high (How much percentage would 6 points give?). Would it be better to switch this to a different enhancement? (Most likely Quick Savant unless something better is suggested) Or should I just leave it as 25 right now? Mostly asking as I'm guessing any additional power will help and going to 26 (though, I can not afford to right now) would be an extra 4 points.

Besides that, I also need to get a Quick Savant 26 for my Lightsaber (it currently has 25) and then Advanced Resolve Armoring 26 for, well, everything that still needs it (I believe I need 6 more).

Thank you all so much for the help. If you have any suggestions on the enhancements or what to do if Crit/Surge gets too high, that would be awesome :)

Okay, important--with trying to prepare ahead, I figure I should ask:

Is it worth it go for the extra 11 points of Willpower over the 4 Piece Force-Mystic set bonus or no? I only used the 2 Piece Bonus of it (and 2 piece of Force Master) before 1.2...and didn't have it at all once I could switch to my usual outfit (of course, I had not realized I no longer had the set bonus when I did, but that's another issue) and still did fine.

So yeah, are 11 points a big deal? Or would it be better to go for the set bonus? Like I said, I'm used to not having the set bonus so it makes no difference to me, but I'm hearing a lot of conflicting opinions and this thread has been so helpful so...

Okay, important--with trying to prepare ahead, I figure I should ask:

Is it worth it go for the extra 11 points of Willpower over the 4 Piece Force-Mystic set bonus or no? I only used the 2 Piece Bonus of it (and 2 piece of Force Master) before 1.2...and didn't have it at all once I could switch to my usual outfit (of course, I had not realized I no longer had the set bonus when I did, but that's another issue) and still did fine.

So yeah, are 11 points a big deal? Or would it be better to go for the set bonus? Like I said, I'm used to not having the set bonus so it makes no difference to me, but I'm hearing a lot of conflicting opinions and this thread has been so helpful so...

I don't get how you will be trading 11 points of Willpower for the 4 piece set bonus. I assume you are referring to the Campaign Force-mystic armorings, of which 3 are resolve and 2 are force wielder, hence the trade-off of 11 willpower for the bonus? However, given that you can augment just about any piece of gear now, if you do not mind hiding the head slot, you can always wear a tionese/columi/rakata headgear for the 4pc bonus.

As for whether the 4pc bonus is worth it or not, it would depend on whether you find yourself running out of force, or needing more force. If you can manage fine with 600 force, then there isn't a need to specifically go for it. If you find yourself running dry, then the extra 50 force can be helpful.

I don't get how you will be trading 11 points of Willpower for the 4 piece set bonus. I assume you are referring to the Campaign Force-mystic armorings, of which 3 are resolve and 2 are force wielder, hence the trade-off of 11 willpower for the bonus? However, given that you can augment just about any piece of gear now, if you do not mind hiding the head slot, you can always wear a tionese/columi/rakata headgear for the 4pc bonus.

As for whether the 4pc bonus is worth it or not, it would depend on whether you find yourself running out of force, or needing more force. If you can manage fine with 600 force, then there isn't a need to specifically go for it. If you find yourself running dry, then the extra 50 force can be helpful.

Yes, I am. While I can just use the Hat, I actually like using the circlet I have so... While the Augment would technically make up the initial loss, it's still 11 more points I'd have if I didn't go for the 4 piece bonus.

Honestly, my force running outs or not depend a lot more on the fights, if anything. For example, if I'm getting hit a lot... the extra 50 force doesn't really do much of anything to help save me when it comes down to it. Nor is it that much more regenerated. There's just not that much more healing that can be done with 50 force (you can get maybe one big heal out and if you're in a fight that is causing you to move/get hit a lot in the first place, you will probably be dead before you get to cast it).

Some examples of fights where I usually will have some trouble are Toth and Zorn in EC (especially HM) and the Lava Smash guy in Lost Island. However, I have also done them where I have had no trouble keeping my force up at all and until recently, I never had the set bonus (Was told to go put it on due to us doing HM EC...however, I am not doing any better with it--I'm doing exactly just as well. It is making no difference in my healing. The amount I am doing and how much HPS has actually not changed). I mean, the only other one I sometimes have issues with is Kephess due to having to throw in some DPS, but usually since people are grouped, getting my Force back up isn't too much of an issue.

Yes, I am. While I can just use the Hat, I actually like using the circlet I have so... While the Augment would technically make up the initial loss, it's still 11 more points I'd have if I didn't go for the 4 piece bonus.

This is basically why I call the four-piece bonus optional in the guide. Having a slightly larger force pool doesn't make a significant difference per se; either you're casting in a sustainable manner or you're not (at least where PVE is concerned).

The advantage it does offer is that every Noble Sacrifice returns an extra 4 force points. It's not major, but it's there. However, if someone tells you to have to have it for specific content, feel free to laugh at their expense.

This is basically why I call the four-piece bonus optional in the guide. Having a slightly larger force pool doesn't make a significant difference per se; either you're casting in a sustainable manner or you're not (at least where PVE is concerned).

The advantage it does offer is that every Noble Sacrifice returns an extra 4 force points. It's not major, but it's there. However, if someone tells you to have to have it for specific content, feel free to laugh at their expense.

You are officially my hero. I think you're the first person to not say the set is "required" for Boss fights. (and 99% of those people have used the Set Bonuses immediately and never tried not using them so it's like... safl;flskafskfa;)

But yeah, 4 force points is...so beyond useless. Now, if I could actually get my guild leader to believe me so I can go back into my Elegant Dress, that'd be great v-v; Unfortunately, he's convinced its needed. :/

But yeah, 4 force points is...so beyond useless. Now, if I could actually get my guild leader to believe me so I can go back into my Elegant Dress, that'd be great v-v; Unfortunately, he's convinced its needed. :/

Do you guys have a vent/TS/mumble server where I can inform him otherwise with my foreign accent? :p

On the topic of Surge, I wouldn't worry about the net gain in a few points from a 26 enhancement. Remember that you can only trade it for Alacrity in practical terms, so you have to consider the relative value of each. At full Black Hole gearing levels, you basically have a budget of 570 Surge+Alacrity. Given diminishing returns and the variability of healing requirements, I maintain that aiming for an equal amount of both is more or less optimal. I wouldn't stress about it too much until you've picked up a few more enhancements.

Your gear progression is looking good though. Just consider how many improvements you've made since you've started.

Do you guys have a vent/TS/mumble server where I can inform him otherwise with my foreign accent? :p

On the topic of Surge, I wouldn't worry about the net gain in a few points from a 26 enhancement. Remember that you can only trade it for Alacrity in practical terms, so you have to consider the relative value of each. At full Black Hole gearing levels, you basically have a budget of 570 Surge+Alacrity. Given diminishing returns and the variability of healing requirements, I maintain that aiming for an equal amount of both is more or less optimal. I wouldn't stress about it too much until you've picked up a few more enhancements.

Your gear progression is looking good though. Just consider how many improvements you've made since you've started.

We do have a Mumble, but I'm the only one on at the moment :p *working from home this week* Most don't get on for couple more hours.

That's good to know :) I did make her a Mr. Robot page finally with what her current gear is (ignoring that she is technically not currently in her Elegant outfit but bleh) and what I'm aiming for and everything seems to look good. Though, if you have any suggestions, let me know :3 and I can tweak it some more.

Indeed. And having almost gotten off a 7K heal, it's a nice feeling. Of course, that just makes it all the more ironic that now is when I was forced back into this horrible mutation of Rakata-Columni-Tionese gear.

That's good to know :) I did make her a Mr. Robot page finally with what her current gear is (ignoring that she is technically not currently in her Elegant outfit but bleh) and what I'm aiming for and everything seems to look good. Though, if you have any suggestions, let me know :3 and I can tweak it some more.

My predominant thought is that, for PVE, you should pull those two points out of Confound and put them in Telekinetic Defense asap.

Also, you can trade some Crit for Power. With the Smuggler buff you're currently hitting 42%, and you definitely don't want to go over 40%.

My predominant thought is that, for PVE, you should pull those two points out of Confound and put them in Telekinetic Defense asap.

Also, you can trade some Crit for Power. With the Smuggler buff you're currently hitting 42%, and you definitely don't want to go over 40%.

My tree is outdated there and I didn't even realize XXD So fixing that. What I wrote about my tree in the first post is up to date :3

Good to know. I thought that too, but people kept telling me since buffs don't cause DR or whatever, it doesn't matter >_> but that still seemed iffy to me.

*goes to update tree and wish list*

Edit: Tree properly up to date now :3 I killed Confound a long time ago XD

Also, changed the Insight Enhancement on the Top in Wish List to Quick Savant. I think it's perfect now. Now, if I can just afford to get all that and if we can get EC HM down, I'll be good :p

Edited by Jenemi

Edit: Tree properly up to date now :3 I killed Confound a long time ago XD

Also, changed the Insight Enhancement on the Top in Wish List to Quick Savant. I think it's perfect now. Now, if I can just afford to get all that and if we can get EC HM down, I'll be good :p

While buffs are flat bonuses and not subject to DR, the issue was that you were already pushing further into DR with critical rating that is desirable. The point of aiming for 40% total crit chance is guaranteed crits on Deliverance with Force Potency; you give up a little bit of overall healing output for that situational benefit. You definitely don't want to go beyond 40% though.

Your wish list looks pretty much perfect to me. The only thing I would change is swapping that matrix cube for either a second War Hero relic (which is mathematically better) or a Campaign power relic for more burst options in emergency situations. As long as you run a stim you should still hit 40% crit.

I'll look into another War Hero Relic :3 Normally I use an Exotech Resolve Stim so that probably would be an issue with the Crit--though, if I switched to a War Hero Relic and kept the enhancement I have right now (Insight), the Crit would still be in the 35% range.

My main Mr. Robot page still has it with if I switched Insight to Quick Savant but kept the Matrix Cube. However, I also went and made this for if I switched the Matrix Cube for the War Hero Relic and Insight for Quick Savant.

Then, I also made this if I switched the Relic, but kept the Insight Enhancement. It's definitely interesting.

First one obviously has the most amount of healing boost, though, it gets to 34% Crit. While the latter, while keeping the Crit, makes a very tiny boost. @-@

Would it still be worth it to go for another War Hero Relic and the Quick Savant even if the Crit was 34%? Or would it be better to just keep what I have or just switch the relic?

Edited by Jenemi

Would it still be worth it to go for another War Hero Relic and the Quick Savant even if the Crit was 34%? Or would it be better to just keep what I have or just switch the relic?

Well... you could argue either way. Once you drop below 35% unbuffed, you run the risk (however small) of Force Potency Deliverances not critting, and at that point you might as well trade even more crit out for power.

On the other hand, you could argue that the only time this remotely matters is during serious raiding, when you'll be using your Exotech stim which will put you over the 35% mark anyway. It's really up to you.

I have the joy of my infinite Rakata stim :p

Well... you could argue either way. Once you drop below 35% unbuffed, you run the risk (however small) of Force Potency Deliverances not critting, and at that point you might as well trade even more crit out for power.

On the other hand, you could argue that the only time this remotely matters is during serious raiding, when you'll be using your Exotech stim which will put you over the 35% mark anyway. It's really up to you.

I have the joy of my infinite Rakata stim :p

Hehe XD Blah, so hard to decide :p May just stick to my current wish list until I make-up my mind.

I'm synthweaving :) Though, my Smuggler (whenever I can afford to make her...) will be Biochem. Which really doesn't mean much since those darn infinite stims are Biochem only :p *jealous forever*

As a PVP sage healer, I have full War Hero fully swapped out for Power Sure/ Power Alacrity and augmented with the Willpower mods. I recomend Power Surge. Your force potency will gaurantee over 5k crits every time it crits.

I am at work so I am just going by the numbers I remember off the top of my head.

Bonus Healing is at 710

Crit is 22%

Surge is over 70%

Like I said my deliverance hits me for over 6k and every one else well over 5k I run both power relics from the war hero gear. All my gear is stacked with power mods from the war hero gear some force healer one force master head gear. I dont crit alot but I have really large heals all the time and get very good numbers in every warzone I run.