The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Is 25%, 60%, 60% possible?

Kitzinger

This is with buffs only and no stims, adrenals, or relics.

The goal is to get to 25% Defense, 60% Shield, 60% Absorb. Currently at 17.64% Defense (299), 54.98% Shield (606), and 49.89% (303).

To me 25k health is enough and adding anything more to it is just a waste. I want to get to a point where my Tank is hard as hell to kill. I'll keep the thread updated as I work towards this build.

I'm going to try and get as close to it as possible. Have a lot of room with Defense, not so much room with Shield (606), and I'm pretty sure I'll be able to get to 60% on Absorb... So, I'll probably be 25% Defense, 55% Shield, 60% Absorb.

I think 25% defense would be pretty hard to hit without taking losses at other areas. Seems like DR starts hitting pretty hard around 20%. I don't have a high level tank so I haven't looked into that stat as much, but just playing around with gear on AskMrRobot.com I see that 20% is where the returns really start slowing down. Here's a quick build I put together that ends up at 20% defense, 56% Shield and 56% Absorb. Not sure you could get too much closer to 25/60/60

Currently at 19.1%, 54.6%, 52.8%. 24.5k Health.

I have 11 items I can augment, a few items I can manipulate through Campaign / Black Hole to get higher defense / shield / absorb, a wrist and a belt orange that I can customize, and at least 3 items that will upgrade me to the next tier.

My health should climb up to above 25k when it is all done manipulating.

For every augment I put in I'm gaining a point in said stat. My Shield will go beyond 55% once I upgrade to the War Hero Relic and Augment it... Probably closer to 56%. With the Weapon and Shield upgrade from Campaign Gear the Shield should be at around 57-58%.

I'm already hitting pretty close to 20% Defense and I still have lot's of room to go even higher if I want. Shield is more iffy as I'm already starting to hit the ceiling. My absorb though still has a lot of room to work with and I should be able to get to 60% if not beyond it.

Realistically, my stats after buffing and stims will look like this... 22% Defense, 58% Shield, 62% Absorb, 25.5K Health.

The next few augments will really tell me where I stand with Absorb and how much higher I can go with it.

This is with buffs only and no stims, adrenals, or relics.

The goal is to get to 25% Defense, 60% Shield, 60% Absorb. Currently at 17.64% Defense (299), 54.98% Shield (606), and 49.89% (303).

To me 25k health is enough and adding anything more to it is just a waste. I want to get to a point where my Tank is hard as hell to kill. I'll keep the thread updated as I work towards this build.

25% 60% 60% is not currently achievable. Neither is your tank being "hard as hell to kill." In the end when you're done with all the optimization from where you are at now your tank will be an extremely small almost immeasurable bit more survivable and you will not be able to notice a difference when playing.

That said humans can be good at lying to themselves and you may be able to fantasy an increase in survivability. I suppose inaccurate fantasies about increased survivability will be the real thing we'll have to look forward in future thread updates.

Edited by Hatstandard

25% 60% 60% is not currently achievable. Neither is your tank being "hard as hell to kill." In the end when you're done with all the optimization from where you are at now your tank will be an extremely small almost immeasurable bit more survivable and you will not be able to notice a difference when playing.

That said humans can be good at lying to themselves and you may be able to fantasy an increase in survivability. I suppose inaccurate fantasies about increased survivability will be the real thing we'll have to look forward in future thread updates.

Why is it people assume its okay to be rude to others over these forums.

You seriously should have stopped typing after your first sentence before everyone that reads your post knows how much of a ***** you are.

Hope your day gets better, because apperently you are in one crabby mood atm.

you dont want to have your D that high or youll have a ton of heat issues... u vent heat when shielding an attack.. you cant shield an attack you dodged... im sitting at 51.46 shield 54.26 absorb and 16.58 D w/ 26.6k hp my healers dps more than heal me in OPS...im stil missing 3 piece of gear when im finished my SAD should all be just about the same and my hp will be pushing 28k... im not staacking endurance and im not taking the 3% endurance talent