The Loooooooong Grind!

Megafstar

SWTOR Support,

I wish to express my views on SWTOR to date, as an ongoing subscriber and as someone who wishes to see the franchise succeed through SWTOR. While I have at most enjoyed the game I feel it’s my duty as a subscriber to tell the decision makers within the SWTOR Partnership some home truths. Firstly, it is likely that more subscribers would have left the MMO following updates 1.2, 1.3 if it had not been that a lot of your subscribers are loyal Star Wars Fans. If you where to take an age demographic of who plays the game and who can be a long time subscriber I believe it would be over 25. On that note it is important to take serous consideration of what I have to comment on because I am one of these subscribers whom may stay for years or leave.

I believe PvP has gone out of control and imbalances are now worse than ever. You can also refer to Ed Park comments online. Too many changes to list here, but the game does not feel as balanced as it did earlier. What makes matters worse is that with so many iterations of changing the talent tree and gimping gear (opting in and out) has led to a monotonous grinding path of several gear sets, which now don’t pair well with the changing of skill talents we have all received. One example is my Vanguard (valor 71) who owns two BM gear sets and started a while ago a war hero set. With the new changes and some nerfed skills talents etc. have left me with a bad experience for what the developers are offering in this game. Looooong Grinds that seem to continue even when you have achieved WH status, or BM sets that are useless and don't pair well with talents. Many people will know this. . I am not the only one who feels this disappointment in the game and it makes the game a little less enjoyable and removes any motivation to promote the game with my friends.

I would ask that a system be introduced and a commitment by the developers that allows any player to redeem their previous PVP gear for war zone commendations at their original purchase value. I think this is fair and reasonable outcome. An example is that you have made it easier for new people to enter pvp with recruit gear however those people already long down the road on their Pvp journey must really be feeling ripped off from the talent, gear resets. Your decision and response to this feedback and matter will determine whether I continue spending my money on an ongoing subscription or just simply cancel my subscription. It would be regrettable and I would feel disappointed if this was the case and tell my friends through social media not to play this game.

Greetings Megafstar!

We appreciate the constructive post and your feedback regarding gear progression! However, since this is a duplicate of an existing thread, we are going to close this and ask that you please continue this discussion here:

Additionally, if you ever need a thread moved or see a thread in the incorrect forum, please feel free to report it to our Community Team using the Report function. This will help keep the forums and thread constructive and with the best visibility for their topic.

Thank you! :jawa_smile:

Edited by Ellvaan