Crappy LFG Tool / System

SaintAvalon

So, I just got in ANOTHER group with a dps thinking they were going to dps, but instead were flagged as a healer. The problem isn't them clicking hte wrong button either, I've had two people, in real life, choose DPS only and they still get selected as a healer.

Why can't we get stuff that works? This isn't new things, stop trying to reinvent the wheel, and just get us stuff that works.

I'd like to do instances, but can't because it doesn't even grab the right people, the right gear.

It just assumes if you chose to queue you aren't dumb. That's a **** idea.

In case you didn't know, for classes that have a heal spec the group finder defaults to preselecting Heals and Damage. Unless the person knows to take the step of specifically deselecting Heals if they are DPS specced (or vice versa) they get dumped in with both checked. I imagine the same thing happens for Tank/Damage selections.

The problem could be solved by not allowing anything to be preselected and forcing folks to tag what role they want before queueing up.

So, I just got in ANOTHER group with a dps thinking they were going to dps, but instead were flagged as a healer. The problem isn't them clicking hte wrong button either, I've had two people, in real life, choose DPS only and they still get selected as a healer.

Why can't we get stuff that works? This isn't new things, stop trying to reinvent the wheel, and just get us stuff that works.

I'd like to do instances, but can't because it doesn't even grab the right people, the right gear.

It just assumes if you chose to queue you aren't dumb. That's a **** idea.

Its funny because when I select DPS only, I get into groups as DPS only. I mean, I don't think I'm doing anything out of the ordinary. This has to be a troll.

In case you didn't know, for classes that have a heal spec the group finder defaults to preselecting Heals and Damage. Unless the person knows to take the step of specifically deselecting Heals if they are DPS specced (or vice versa) they get dumped in with both checked. I imagine the same thing happens for Tank/Damage selections.

The problem could be solved by not allowing anything to be preselected and forcing folks to tag what role they want before queueing up.

nope, tank works fine, but someone got this bug.

Nothing to do with the LFG tool, it's about the entitlement-players who feel they deserve to cut in line.

If you want to be analytical, you can say that one of the issues with the system not screening out whether you're a healer or not (or any combination) is because the game is without a dual talent specialization system in place. It should be more restricting to screen out who is *really* going to do what, and it the entire tool itself should be better optimized because I find people sitting in queues for hours on end (tanks, healers and DPS) without getting into groups which means that the tool is not putting people into groups at all. Not saying this happens with everyone that queues, I'm saying it happens enough that it's a problem.

At this point I have given up on trying to find a group through the tool, purely because it goes a LOT quicker without it, hell even spamming chat in the old days goes faster than using the tool most of the time. Things like estimated waiting times, dual speccs, system optimization etc. should be done to increase the use of the tool and increase the usefulness. Just hoping BioWare is actually working on something and that they are just not bothering to tell us, not that they ever have.

PS: How the OP managed to find a group at 04:00 AM CET is very baffling. Which server are you on? Doubt it's an EU one.

Edited by Senatsu

Actually, both times that I've used the LFG tool on my Sith Sorc, I did deselect healer and then queued, closed the window, opened it up and I was flagged for both dps and heals. Both times this happened and I had to deselect healer and click Update Roles. This is the only character that I've had this happen on but that may be because all the other characters I've played I was healing.

Edit: By the way, I'm spec'd Madness

Edited by chadsford

Actually, both times that I've used the LFG tool on my Sith Sorc, I did deselect healer and then queued, closed the window, opened it up and I was flagged for both dps and heals. Both times this happened and I had to deselect healer and click Update Roles. This is the only character that I've had this happen on but that may be because all the other characters I've played I was healing.

Edit: By the way, I'm spec'd Madness

Yes this does happen. I am not trolling, this is a real issue. My girlfriend and my cousin are healers, and when they remove the healer part and just did dps they got flagged as healers.

I just had a pug claim he didn't mark his healer section and got healer.

It's happened to many people, some just because of the defaults, and some that claim it happens even when not selected.

The point is the glitches. The LFG tool is super fast for me (I am a tank) however fast doesn't work if we run in and die because the healer isn't a healer, doesn't have the gear, or etc.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.