The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

High End Tanking discussion.

Neibbin

there is going to be some form of overhealing already, so the healers can handle the extra HP pool.

thats exactly the point i'm heading for. of course you're able to push ratings a lil' more, but is it effective? today i got some upgrades, now sitting at:

forgot that part, but hp like = 24,895

Defense = 28.58%

Shield = 51.57%

Absorb = 49.24%

and i see, i'm on the right path i was looking for. still missing 2 61 armoring for wrist and belt, never ever dropped since we clearing denova hc -.- still using 58 ones. and still missing a 61 hilt, because my dds needed mh/oh first and still missing 2-3 mods to switch def-rating for absorb rating. my goal will be exactly like i said:

28% def chance

+52% sh chance

~50% absorb chance

and +25k hp, more like 25.5k hp. that'll be it, and i'm done ^_^

oh well, my dd finished another goal: 1k power @40% critrate + 79% surge, lol ... =) and if it's a melee friendly fight = top dog. no1 is able to pull this kinda dps like we do at the moment.

Edited by Demwarala

Endurance is not to be ignored, not at all. But what it is with the mods and enhancments that it's impossible to ignore secondary stats. There is nothing wrong with going over 50% absorb, it still reduces your spikyness overall. And you're not sacrificing health really, since you're getting it anyway, as I said with taking higher endur mods and enhances. 25k stimmed/buffed for a Jugg is not bad at all, and is all that is really needed right now. If NMM shows us something different, than things would change, but as of right now, there's no need to *focus* on Endur, just make sure you're achieving a balance throughout your gearing.

Sorry if ^that^ doesn't make sense, I'm tired like no other and am typing this fast.

I've been trying to wrap my head around the Augments. 18 End vs 18 def vs 18 shield vs 18 absorb. I just keep coming up with augmenting End seeming to make more sense the higher my stats are on all of those.

I've been trying to wrap my head around the Augments. 18 End vs 18 def vs 18 shield vs 18 absorb. I just keep coming up with augmenting End seeming to make more sense the higher my stats are on all of those.

Augmenting Endurance would not be a good idea, it's better to mitigate than to be a "mana sponge". A jugg in full Campaign has plenty of health as it is, the extra defensive stats are the most logical and mathematical choice.

For my Guardian Tank i chose to ignore absorption entirely and focus solely on defense. I remodded all my enhancements on my campaign gear into Shield/Defense.

Where as my Shield Chance is 50%, my overall absorption is around about 33%.

My defense chance however is 35% (38% riposte talent) and that's all in a full set of campaign gear with a War Hero Def Relic.

With this setup IMO i've felt quite tanky in EC HM.

no way, don't stack endu through augments. shield/def/absorb should be the only augments for you. like craxim's telling ya:

Augmenting Endurance would not be a good idea, it's better to mitigate than to be a "mana sponge". A jugg in full Campaign has plenty of health as it is, the extra defensive stats are the most logical and mathematical choice.

if you want to stack endu, then through the mods/encs. that'd be enough. augments are just fine tuning of your equip.

For my Guardian Tank i chose to ignore absorption entirely and focus solely on defense. I remodded all my enhancements on my campaign gear into Shield/Defense.

My defense chance however is 35% (38% riposte talent) and that's all in a full set of campaign gear with a War Hero Def Relic.

thats pretty interesting. you're sacrificing about 15-20% absorb for 7% more defense chance. mhm, some logs would be nice. like maintanking kephes hm, or the beast from WB @voss?

I finally got around to augmenting the last of my gear last night as I had enough to buy the helm. So costly. Ended up fully buffed with Exotech stim at 23.6K hps, 48% mitigation, 28.5%(31.5%) defence, 52% shield and absorb. I'm feeling besides the hps, those numbers are where I should be. My friend has a spreadsheet (not sure where he got it from) that shows how much each rating is worth at certain levels. Apparently defence and then slightly behind that is absorb at these levels. Shield rating is way down.

Unfortunately I don't think I am going to hit the amount of hps I wanted with those stats. Still, not too bad considering this character hasn't gotten to go to HM EC yet.

This is an unwise choice as well, when you look at the gain per point of defense versus shield or absorb after defense gets to 27%, you're taking much more damage overall and you're very spiky in comparison to a Jugg/Guard that gears for 27/52/55. Your overall damage taken will be higher, and when you do take damage, you'll be spiky, and harder to heal. I would suggest rethinking your strategy.

I finally got around to augmenting the last of my gear last night as I had enough to buy the helm. So costly. Ended up fully buffed with Exotech stim at 23.6K hps, 48% mitigation, 28.5%(31.5%) defence, 52% shield and absorb. I'm feeling besides the hps, those numbers are where I should be. My friend has a spreadsheet (not sure where he got it from) that shows how much each rating is worth at certain levels. Apparently defence and then slightly behind that is absorb at these levels. Shield rating is way down.

Unfortunately I don't think I am going to hit the amount of hps I wanted with those stats. Still, not too bad considering this character hasn't gotten to go to HM EC yet.

Not sure what your friend is using, but once defense is around 25-27%, both shield and absorb are worth more per point and reduce your overall spikyness and squishiness which reduces total damage taken. This is what our spread sheets and logs show the tanks here at CKN.

Edited by Craxim

Played around with Augs again and I have to say I am probably going to end up with a full set of redoubt, shield and absorb augments to try and tweak numbers. Not super happy with the redoubt augs when I see my percentage barely creep up.

Played around with Augs again and I have to say I am probably going to end up with a full set of redoubt, shield and absorb augments to try and tweak numbers. Not super happy with the redoubt augs when I see my percentage barely creep up.

Play around with it for sure. I don't know what your gear is at, but with full Campaign (mods coming as is) and 2 BM passive stat relics (1 defense and 1 shield) I had 5 absorb augs and the rest defense. You can also switch around some mods in the gear to pick up a little more Endurance if you think it's really necessary, once you're in full campaign, the argument would be Endurance in mods vs defensive stats, the only factor would be trying to decide which is best for NMM Denova, but since we don't know what's going to be in NMM we can't make the best call yet.

Not sure what your friend is using, but once defense is around 25-27%, both shield and absorb are worth more per point and reduce your overall spikyness and squishiness which reduces total damage taken. This is what our spread sheets and logs show the tanks here at CKN.

I think he may have got it from simcraft. He uses that a lot. Done it now anyway, only need to upgrade four resilient mod 25B for the 26 version. That should increase my absorb a tiny bit more. Then it's just three 26 armorings, and a campaign hilt.

I really want to get into HM EC to see how I go.