PvP Turret Campers

irishfino

When a turret (or other objective) is taken in PvP, there should be a limited amount of people allowed to defend the turret if it's not under attack. The limit preferable is two.

Defender points and metals should only be rewarded if the players successfully thwart an attempt by the opposing side to take the objective not for just standing there. People are standing there the entire time to get the points to earn the medals. This is ruining PvP and needs to be addressed quickly.

Why does it ruin pvp, if 8 ppl camp the same turret and the other team wins?

The point of PvP is to fight the other players, hence the name Player vs. Player. If the team you're on has decided to stop fighting the experience for those who actually want to PvP and not just camp for medals is ruined.

If they don't want to play, they shouldn't be in a WZ to begin with.

The point of PvP is to fight the other players, hence the name Player vs. Player. If the team you're on has decided to stop fighting the experience for those who actually want to PvP and not just camp for medals is ruined.

If they don't want to play, they shouldn't be in a WZ to begin with.

No, the point of PVP warzones is to win the scenario. That's why there's objectives and scores.

If you want to fight other players for the sake of fighting, play Unreal Tournament III. Or at least make the personal choice to run around and kill people. Or enter WZ with your group of 8 like-minded people.

No, the point of PVP warzones is to win the scenario. That's why there's objectives and scores.

If you want to fight other players for the sake of fighting, play Unreal Tournament III. Or at least make the personal choice to run around and kill people. Or enter WZ with your group of 8 like-minded people.

You can't win if your team doesn't play. If most of your team is just camping ONE turret, you can't take another turret to win the match. You fight other players to take back the objectives (the player vs. player aspect), but if you're fighting 6 on 1 you're going to die and quickly.

The whole point of warzones is to defeat the other players as they come to take objectives not to take one turret then stay there until your bunker is destroyed so you can get easy metals.

Other than AFKers, I've never seen this happen.

People may group at a node for an assault on another or there waiting on instruction--in which case the blame goes to the op leader. There is also, of course, when I team groups at a node in ACW when it's past the "point of no return" just to get it over with.

But you should never limit the number of people that can be at a node. There should always be the number of people that are required for a proper defense.

And player versus environment is for a player to over come a specified environment to complete a task, scenario, or objective.

Player versus player is a player overcoming another player to complete a specified task, scenario, or objective.

Anyone who approaches pvp as just "killing other players" is a bigger burden to his team than any so-called "camper."

Other than AFKers, I've never seen this happen.

People may group at a node for an assault on another or there waiting on instruction--in which case the blame goes to the op leader. There is also, of course, when I team groups at a node in ACW when it's past the "point of no return" just to get it over with.

But you should never limit the number of people that can be at a node. There should always be the number of people that are required for a proper defense.

And player versus environment is for a player to over come a specified environment to complete a task, scenario, or objective.

Player versus player is a player overcoming another player to complete a specified task, scenario, or objective.

Anyone who approaches pvp as just "killing other players" is a bigger burden to his team than any so-called "camper."

I wasn't approaching it as just killing other players. When six out of eight people are just sitting at a turret doing nothing, there's a problem. You can't play effectively with a team who refuses to play the game.

Voting to boot someone for a warzone doesn't work when it's the majority of your team doing it. There needs to be a failsafe to boot inactive people who camp on objectives. Say, you must enter combat every two minutes.

These people are camping for medals and to complete the daily "Fight in 2/6 warzones" with little effort and it is becoming a problem.

stop pubbing then...

seriously people will play how they want to play and so long as they are not abusing or breaking any rules to bad for you if you don't like it...

if you want actual coherent and coordinated teamplay where everyone is playing how you think they should don't play pubs... get some friends

Edited by Liquidacid

stop pubbing then...

seriously people will play how they want to play and so long as they are not abusing or breaking any rules to bad for you if you don't like it...

if you want actual coherent and coordinated teamplay where everyone is playing how you think they should don't play pubs... get some friends

The warzones are there for team work. They're not really playing if they're just standing there, farming defensive score for easy medals. That is an abuse of the system and it affects playability for others.

I have a guild, but those who are unguilded cannot make friends with the people they group with if they're all going to be do-nothings.

The warzones are there for team work. They're not really playing if they're just standing there, farming defensive score for easy medals. That is an abuse of the system and it affects playability for others.

I have a guild, but those who are unguilded cannot make friends with the people they group with if they're all going to be do-nothings.

if you honestly think they are exploiting than report them... other than that there is nothing you CAN do and your idea of "teamwork" or how WZs should be played many not be the same as everyone else... maybe they find it fun to sit and "guard" one of the turrets... after all taking and holding them is the objective... if they AFK it's one thing but if they are simply "guarding" it and do attack when an enemy comes by than they are not breaking any rules they just aren't playing the way you think they should or using the tactics you think they should... which is just to bad for you... again if you want coordinated play than stop pubing cause there isn't any to be had there

it's the chance you take when you do ANYTHING in life with random people

Edited by Liquidacid

The only time I see this happen is when a pug is up against a pre-made and are getting a severe beat down, usually exacerbated by a total lack of healing on the pug side. At some point spending more time running back then fighting gets old and then people decide they are better off camping a turret so they can at least get a few commendations for their time.

The real issue isn't the camping, its the play matching. Breaking the defender bonus will just encourage players to not defend the node at all, which will make things even worse.

The only time I see this happen is when a pug is up against a pre-made and are getting a severe beat down, usually exacerbated by a total lack of healing on the pug side. At some point spending more time running back then fighting gets old and then people decide they are better off camping a turret so they can at least get a few commendations for their time.

The real issue isn't the camping, its the play matching. Breaking the defender bonus will just encourage players to not defend the node at all, which will make things even worse.

eh I still think they shouldn't allow pre-made vs PUG groups because of course the pre-made will win (unless they are retarded)... they should have one set of WZ for pre-made groups and one for just pugs

Edited by Liquidacid

if you honestly think they are exploiting than report them... other than that there is nothing you CAN do and your idea of "teamwork" or how WZs should be played many not be the same as everyone else...

it's the chance you take when you do ANYTHING in life with random people

Yes, I know. Doesn't mean I can't make suggestions to make PvP less frustrating for those who pop into a WZ after fifteen minutes or more in the queue just to find a group of do-nothings camping one turret for defender points and metals.

Example match I experienced: I popped into a game in progress. My team was on Alderaan and barely losing. We were 390 to 410. We could have easily turned the match around, but at least six people refused to move from the taken turret.

There needs to be something to keep more than two people from protecting an objective that isn't under attack. It's not hard to call "left", "right", "mid", whatever when you have incoming,

Not going to happen!

Case in point last night!

Warzone loads and I say going to grass in ops

*silence*

I run to grass solo and 4-5 imps steam onto me.

I see them coming and yell in ops 4-5 imps inc to grass, im alone

*silence*

I get wiped pretty damn fast and sure enough, no one coming to grass

I reload and ride back and still no one has gone to grass so I say in ops

So we giving up grass I take it?

*silence*

So I head to middle where there is a battle going on

I heal over 100k and we win middle and everyone runs off so I take my position to defend middle

few minutes later another person comes to middle and 2 of us guard it

the 6 over at snow are being beat down

chat is still silent

Finally they cant win snow and they have never tried for grass, they come to middle and one of them starts screaming at people saying much the same as the OP saying at the two of us who defended middle turret.

Like one more of us at snow was suddenly going to make this guy at all a half way decent player and pvper.

Point of story, I find those that complain the most about others are the ones who fail in communication skills.

They think so highly of themselves that they just assume everyone is suppose to follow them.

And they get all angry when players dont!

PVP Warzones start and end with COMMUNICATION and more often then not those that fail to communicate are the ones pointing fingers when its all said and done.

As for turret campers, never seen it happen more then a couple times where we had more then 2 people at a turret, unless all is lost and we just waiting out for the end.