QQ leading to nerf bat in 1.4?

Droodster

Just want to hear others opinions. I am by no means an expert at MMO's and am no where near the best player so I was wondering what everyone else thinks. I have no experience in 50 pvp but have found that thus far in pre 50 I don't see any problems with Maras. They are DPS only AC and I feel that too many people want to have their cake and eat it too. Why shouldn't Maras put out superb DPS when that is the ONLY thing they can trait for? Every other AC can spec in two roles except for Snipers so throw them in here too. Due to the fact that according to the vast majority of players, very few Marauders are "good", so is the issue damage or defensive cooldowns? Just seems like people want to be tanks and not die while doing ridiculous amounts of DPS or want the AC's with multiple options to be the top damage dealers. Just in my experience ( which again is not as vast as most others) Maras usually aren't at the top of the DPS numbers in WZs, so again not sure what the issues are? What do you other Maras think?

Mostly fotm and forum sheeps whining because they saw others do so do not worry bioware knows that our class is fine or else they wouldve done something in 1.3 due to the numerous threads that were made by bads/butthurts at 1.2. They seem to forget that annihilation(the tree they are complaining about) remained unchanged at 1.2 in fact it got even nerfed and maras/sents were considered bad prior to 1.2. The guys complaining about maras/sents dont know anything about our class and seem to think that we got 93 points to spend the way they describe what we can do.

So basically its just a fotm thing and the sheeps will soon go QQ onto another class. ( already started with pyro pts, i pity them :( )

Edited by Percee

Mostly fotm and forum sheeps whining because they saw others do so do not worry bioware knows that our class is fine or else they wouldve done something in 1.3 due to the numerous threads that were made by bads/butthurts at 1.2. They seem to forget that annihilation(the tree they are complaining about) remained unchanged at 1.2 in fact it got even nerfed and maras/sents were considered bad prior to 1.2. The guys complaining about maras/sents dont know anything about our class and seem to think that we got 93 points to spend the way they describe what we can do.

So basically its just a fotm thing and the sheeps will soon go QQ onto another class. ( already started with pyro pts, i pity them :( )

Funnily enough the tankassin build was also said by bioware at one point to be fine... Well that didn't last...

Right now what has irked me about Marauders and sith warriors in general, isn't in the control of the user per se. That is to say, their root after force charge is bugging up in WZs due to latency or w/e it is that determines this. Making rated, and most specifically huttball quite frustrating. As it stands, as long as you can interrupt ravage, I think any class has a decent chance to defeat a marauder in 1 vs. 1 combat. Though I have not explicitly tested out this theory.

They are DPS only AC and I feel that too many people want to have their cake and eat it too. Why shouldn't Maras put out superb DPS when that is the ONLY thing they can trait for? Every other AC can spec in two roles except for Snipers so throw them in here too. Due to the fact that according to the vast majority of players, very few Marauders are "good", so is the issue damage or defensive cooldowns? Just seems like people want to be tanks and not die while doing ridiculous amounts of DPS or want the AC's with multiple options to be the top damage dealers.

Some of the butthurt comes from the fact that if you're an Assassin (for example) why can't they do the same damage as a Marauder in an OPs group? Because they have a tank tree? That's like saying Marauders have to have a really bad master strike because they're not specced Carnage. The PvP complaint comes from the defensive cooldowns Marauders and Sentinels get. They get those for good reason, however no one else gets defensive cooldowns that are that good. Again, they get something far better than others.

Most of the QQ would go away if they buffed other DPS trees. However in light of design issues would you want a tank who can go 99% immune at the cost of 1/2 his life? Even if it's for 5 seconds? DPS only ACs get more because there is no balancing for the odd outlying skills that would skew tanking and healing. But BW will get more comfortable, and the overwhelming 'supperiority' of Marauders will decrease. Makes me wonder if some of the FOTM players will scream for Marauder buffs because they're a DPS only AC. And they 'deserve more'.

Funnily enough the tankassin build was also said by bioware at one point to be fine... Well that didn't last...

Right now what has irked me about Marauders and sith warriors in general, isn't in the control of the user per se. That is to say, their root after force charge is bugging up in WZs due to latency or w/e it is that determines this. Making rated, and most specifically huttball quite frustrating. As it stands, as long as you can interrupt ravage, I think any class has a decent chance to defeat a marauder in 1 vs. 1 combat. Though I have not explicitly tested out this theory.

I had meet in world pvp some classes that usually **** me off at WZ with multiple stuns and they did not stand a chance in 1 vs 1 against my mara. The issues about marauder dps in wz is just bad strategy or bad teamworking, cause with good teams I am always top damage and kills.

Sentinels and Marauders are in a good spot, and likely right where the game developers want us.

Powertech however, are dealing equal damage to us, with greater range, and the ability to stun a target to finish them. Also upon respawn, Powertechs are at 100% resource, while Marauders are at 0%.

If I was calling the shots, I'd have Marauders be the kings of damage, so long as they are in their very limited melee range.

Sentinels and Marauders are in a good spot, and likely right where the game developers want us.

Powertech however, are dealing equal damage to us, with greater range, and the ability to stun a target to finish them. Also upon respawn, Powertechs are at 100% resource, while Marauders are at 0%.

If I was calling the shots, I'd have Marauders be the kings of damage, so long as they are in their very limited melee range.

With the exception of Snipers, thats true at the moment.

Also any Marauder that loses to a powertech is just bad. We have obsfucate for a reason.

I understand where you are coming from with this. Let me just say that I have just startedplaying my 35 Mara alt again and am really enjoying it, I do how ever have a pyro pt as my main. Yese correct any the resources but don't forget to take into account that a Mara can bild rage a a fairly uniform rate, and while pyros have gr8 burst they tend to overheat very quickly if you are not on the ball (has been said time and again on the pt forums that pyro ie most heat intensive spec of the 3) . Maraauders in my limited experience do have better consistent dmg than pyros but as you said the range and utility of pts is greater in some regards, grapple into fire/acid in HB is a favourite of mine. However I have always been envious of Mara ability to force jump a respawn when he/she is a bc and run in for the score.

My point being yes both ac have their perks both have situations in which they are limited. That's what we are aiming for isn't it? No 1 class can have it all.