Legacy Perks - not legacy wide

Arousal

I was to understand that these legacy perks were intended to be legacy-wide.

I have an issue that needs to be resolved. I spent copious amounts of money buying all the +XP perks, so when I level my alts, they would be levelling faster.

Upon switching over to said alt after spending thousands (dare i say millions) on these perks, I was astonished to find out that they are not legacy wide.

How do i proceed with getting them transferred to the correct char?

Well, it was announced long before 1.3 that the Legacy system was going to introduce perks as ways to customize individual characters in your Legacy, and that they would only apply to the character who has the perks. It's also in the 6/22 community news on this site.

Granted, you may not have been following up on the news and updates, but each Legacy perk even says "Only available to current character when unlocked."

That being said, writing a ticket is the way one would normally have something like this addressed. You may be able to get a refund.

Edited by MadBlue

i think the legacy system is broken or in a better word wrote wrong from what i got from reading about it is that if you unlocked a perk on one of your toons then you should have it on any in your legacy.

if not then its stupid why should i have to spend 40k to get a speeder at lvl 10 when i can just save up and get it for the same price later, really BW you didnt do anyone any favors if thats the case rethink the system, you want more players then do what you say

if not then its stupid why should i have to spend 40k to get a speeder at lvl 10 when i can just save up and get it for the same price later, really BW you didnt do anyone any favors if thats the case rethink the system, you want more players then do what you say

First: Dude, decent punctuation is your friend. You look like you're all out of full stops; here, take some of mine ................

Second: No one's going to make you spend your credits on anything you don't want to. But I, for one, get impatient with having to walk everywhere on an alt when I'm used to zooming about like a maniac on my main. So I'd drop the 40K credits in a New York Minute. After all, if you've got a lvl 50 it's less than you make on the dailies on one planet for one day - not exactly a huge expense, and maybe a half-hour of your time, if you dawdle. However, if it's an alt I've developed to play with a friend, and the friend is OK with strolling around in a war zone, then why bother?

Third: Seriously, you think potential SWTOR players are going to go "oh, no, despite being interested in the game, I hear the legacy perks aren't done quite the way I'd have done them, so I'm taking my money and flouncing off"? Give me a break.

I spent copious amounts of money...
It was something way over 2 million for me and the only thing i got for it was the extremely unpleasant feeling of this being a really bad joke.

Its the most intuitive thought that those perks apply legacy-wide to all characters despite any announcement, tooltip or whatever. I don't want to rant against the legacy system itself here (i will do that afterwards :D) but some kind of warning would be appropriate. I mean buying level 10 speeder piloting on a level 50 char, cmon... this option should not even exist.

Second: No one's going to make you spend your credits on anything you don't want to.
Well i guess most people dont spend credits because they want to. But that only follows the question if the required amount or the expected improvement is adequate or not. Thats not the point here as I believe.

I think single character upgrades beat the whole concept of the legacy system. Quadruple or quintuple the price its not about credits but apply it to all characters... thats my two cents.

:ph_good_post:

After all, I cant keep myself from making a comment about the legacy system in general. I think the benefits from legacy should feel more like rewards than opportunities. The choice of buying OR achieving is a really good approach. But it is executed pretty silly since you can only "achieve the possibility of buying something" (if legacy level 5 or so can even be called achievement).

"Yay, legacy level 25, thank you for allowing me to spend 5 million credits, thats a real genuine reward for all my efforts" :csw_jabba:

Edited by lapanza

Its the most intuitive thought that those perks apply legacy-wide to all characters despite any announcement, tooltip or whatever. I don't want to rant against the legacy system itself here (i will do that afterwards :D) but some kind of warning would be appropriate

You mean like calling them CHARACTER Perks, putting them on a seperate tab, and all of them saying "this character", versus "all characters" like the other rewards?

The warnings were there if you bothered to pay attention.

The legacy system is a joke, what's the point in a legacy when you have to buy things for every toon you ever create from inside the legacy?????

leg·a·cy (lg-s)

n. pl. leg·a·cies

1. Money or property bequeathed to another by will.

2. Something handed down from an ancestor or a predecessor or from the past

the mear difinition of the word legacy tells you it's a pass down thing, the implimentation of this so called legacy in SWTOR is just wrong wrong wrong wrong!

To reitierate what the patient and informed have already said in this thread:

While these perks are unlocked through the Legacy System, they are 1) clearly labeled as Character Perks, 2) are segregated from the Legacy-wide perks by way of an entirely seperate tab, and 3) each contain text explaining that these apply only to the character who bought them.

To argue that it is not the method by which you wold apply Legacy rewards is fine, but to argue that you were somehow duped into buying them by BioWare because they falsely implied that these would be Legacy-wide is asinine.

leg·a·cy (lg-s)

n. pl. leg·a·cies

the mear difinition of the word legacy tells you it's a pass down thing, the implimentation of this so called legacy in SWTOR is just wrong wrong wrong wrong!

When you consider that in order to be able to utilize the rewards for your new characters, you had to have earned them from your old ones?

The labors of the old are reaped by the young. Sounds spot on to me.

Sure, they COULD do give all of your characters automatic increased xp gain, or what-have you, but it wouldn't be as easy as it is now to earn.

Nobody said that BW deliberately tries to deceive anyone with this. I just think its misleading, thats all. Sure the tooltip shows it and we could start a discussion wether you interpret "Character Perks" as local or global, but that is not really the point.

In my opinion single character abilities just dont belong in the legacy system at all. At least if its not some kind of unique perk for only one of your chars or something alike.

The legacy system is a joke, what's the point in a legacy when you have to buy things for every toon you ever create from inside the legacy?????

leg·a·cy (lg-s)

n. pl. leg·a·cies

So, take advantage of defenitions 1 and 2:

Take money from an ancestor or predecessor (main) and give it to another (alt) by will. Then use that money to buy the character perks for the alt, thus creating a combination of things or parts forming a complex or unitary whole (a System). Legacy. System. Legacy System.

I don't see why so many people are crying about char perks. BW just hooked us up for leveling alts. They made it fun and faster to get back up to 50 with your friends and guild. If you don't like what they did dont buy them. Thank you BW for doing something fun for us.

I don't see why so many people are crying about char perks. BW just hooked us up for leveling alts. They made it fun and faster to get back up to 50 with your friends and guild. If you don't like what they did dont buy them. Thank you BW for doing something fun for us.

Nobody is complaining about what these perks do, it's about why they're not legacy wide.

I don't get why these character perks have to be part of the legacy system. There is nothing legacy about it if I have to unlock them separately on every character.

You need to be a certain legacy level to unlock them. They made them per-character so that they could make them cheaper.

Ya, the entire system is trash for this one reason.

Well... legacy 26+ is worthless as a matter of fact.

As for single character perks, despite "single character..." beats the purpose of legacy anyways. If you buy them for the same amount of credits for i.e. your fifth alt as you did for the first... Again, legacy seems pretty worthless in this case too.

Incredibly good feature, incredibly bad implementation...

So, take advantage of defenitions 1 and 2:

Take money from an ancestor or predecessor (main) and give it to another (alt) by will. Then use that money to buy the character perks for the alt, thus creating a combination of things or parts forming a complex or unitary whole (a System). Legacy. System. Legacy System.

Dang!! You beat me to it!!

It is nice that he can use a dictionary.. Now all that is needed was some common sense.. :)