Sentinel crew skills - pros and cons

I am about to make my 3rd sentinel, as my 1st I deleted because I realised he looked ugly and the 2nd was just temporary before server transfers started.

I am having a tough time deciding which crew skill to go for so I will list my pros and cons for each and would like some opinions from people about which crew skill they think is best, as well as its endgame utility (eg. can it make max level stuff).

Synthweaving

+ Provides blue standard items consistently throughout levelling for majority of gear slots

+ Can makes rakata belt and bracers for nice headstart endgame

+ Can collect loads of item schematics of orange stuff to give to alts or sell

- A lot of time reverse engineering items to get Overkill/Critical stuff

- Created items may not be as good as an orange item with commendation mods

Artifice

+ Lovely colours for your lightsabers rather than 2 blue

+ Low maintenance crew skill to keep up tp date - just a hilt every 2 levels or so to reverse

+ Can sell colour crystals

+ Can keep up to date a lightsaber hilt you like the look of

+ Makes enhancements to help reduce spending on commendation ones

- Only helps your lightsabers and neglects the rest of your gear

Cybertech

+ Low maintenance crew skill - only armoring and mods every 2-4 levels

+ Lovely grenades add extra cc or damage in fights, good in pvp

+ Make speeders, saves costs

+++ Once you have an orange item you like for a slot, it can be kept up to date very easily

+ If you like T7 it's easy armour for him

- Endgame use is limited to just grenades as the mods etc aren't max lvl

- Doesn't feel very Jedi-ish

Biochem

+ Medpacks (shouldn't really need any extra to be honest, unless you have bad gear or new to game)

+ Stims (they simply compensate for being undergeared personally)

- - - - Soooo f***ing boring that everytime I choose biochem for an alt, I neglect it completely

- It's boring.

- No money making capablities

Edited by Cotlu-Hunlon

As of right now, I'd say do anything except artifice. Artifice is in need of some serious TLC by Bioware, and unfortunately is in the conversation for least useful crew skill imo. But as I often say when making suggestions, it's your character do whatever you want.

I personally went synthweeaving on my Sent and Artifice on my Sage. Only reason why, is because there's some nice upgrades with Synth and you can easily just GTN most of the blues/purples if they're a downgrade and turn a nice neat profit.

Hope that helps someome

Biochem has two advantages in the endgame you haven't mentioned:

1. Exotech stims. They are the better than Rakata - craft some for yourself to take to raids, then start selling. Use Rakata for your everyday stuff (warzones, dailies, FP's etc) and save the Exo's for raids.

2. Rakata Attack Adrenal. Every 3 minutes, get crazy amounts of power. Exotech might be better but adrenals are never worth the insane cost for 15 seconds; re-usable on the other hand, is very much worth it.

This really only applies if you intend to raid with your Sentinel - mine is my main. Alts take care of the other crafting skills for mods + augments (or they will once I've finished grinding them all up).

To me the two choices are synthweaving and biochem because of the crit bonuses you get from Kira and Doc, respectively. As someone with several alts I care more about my optimum crew skill setup across my entire legacy than having a specific skill on a specific character. With that considered, I'd probably go biochem over synthweaving, because you can easily buy a synthweaving crit droid censor for C2-N2 on any other alt.

If the crit stuff and optimum setups don't matter to you, I still prefer biochem for the reasons mentioned in the post above.