Mercenary and PvP

Othr

I'm going to talk about the Arsenal spec here and ideas on how to improve it in PvP.

First of all, the damage an arsenal mercenary can output is perfectly fine now and thank you for your recent changes. The only problem remains is that our defensive abilities (jet boost and rocket punch with a small knockback) simply don't work as, I think, they should.

They generate too much resolve for one and also put attacking melee characters in advantageous situations where they can just leap back to you after jet boost is used. The ideas that improve PvP play for arsenal mercs follow:

- jet boost grants a 5s buff to the mercenary, this buff will prevent anyone from leaping to or pulling the mercenary

- jet boost generates less resolve

- rocket punch (with knockback) generates no resolve and ignores resolve alas the jedi shadow/assassin knockdown

I believe these changes would make the arsenal mercenary 'complete' and a fun class to play. Of course, I would love to see the class overhauled and would love to see the 'turret' mechanic removed from it altogether but that's another discussion!

I would love to see a root attached to the rocket punch knock back.

And I would move the power shield skill in the bodyguard tree to a position reachable within 10 points. It's too expensive at 11. I would enhance it to include immunity to pulls and knock backs and force jumps instead of the jet boost idea

Edited by Choffware