Critical reaction or advanced targeting

KerriganGR

For arsenal spec of course. Or maybe put 2 in advanced targeting and 1 in critical reaction.If you have a good enough crit, you should proc it most of the time. Anyone tested which is better?

Also, what's the optimal accuracy after we lost that 3% for those that had it pre patch.

Last, do you think it's better to use your relic or matrix cube and, if the second option, what type of second is better passive or clickable?

Sorry for the too many questions, thought i'd get all in one place instead of making multiple posts.

To be honest I am skipping critical reaction all together now. 30% armor pen on railshot/unload is so nice, in PvE my railshots crit for 5k in arsenal, and my unload is hitting 3.5k crit ticks. Just go for the 4% alacrity in pyro, and skip critical reaction is my advice, I am sure people will disagree but with the 1.3 changes I feel there is no set build for arsenal now. Go with what feels best.

With regards to RANGED accuracy, with every piece of enhancement-moddable gear equipped with a +57 accuracy (rank 61) enhancement you are looking at around 103-104% accuracy (including the 1% from legacy companion affection). I am personally using 5/7 enhancements for about 101.5% ranged accuracy because if you go for 7/7 you will have next to no surge rating.

As big of a proponent as I used to be of Alacrity in Arsenal builds.. there's really no place for it. There's a couple reasons for this:

First, that Alacrity doesn't affect the Global Cooldown (GCD) - so even if you can get your Tracer Missiles down to 1 second cast-time, there's still going to be a half-second pause as the GCD resets.

Secondly, for heat generation. Even if Alacrity DID work properly (in that sense), by using your abilities that much faster, you'd also be generating heat that much faster.

Instead of Critical Reaction (Bodyguard tree) and System Calibrations (Pyro tree), I will be rolling with a healing-hybrid build that aims to maximize damaging abilities and heat dissipation, while still gaining Supercharged Gas (for when I need to pop into Combat Support mode for the sake of scoring a goal, holding a node, or otherwise winning a match). Ultimately, the biggest obstacle with a build like this is heat generation/dissipation (when healing) because your heals won't be talented as much as they could be. They are emergency-only type abilities. But I figure that if I'm going to be using heals, more often than not I'm the one being targeted and thus reducing pushback is the most crucial. But that's up to everyone else. If, by level 49/50 I've decided that the couple seconds it takes to pop into Combat Support Cylinder is too much time, and that Supercharged Gas takes too long to build up, I'll probably put both of my last two points into Surgical Precision System.

http://db.darthhater.com/skill_calc/bounty_hunter/mercenary/#::f2df11e2fef2e2fe10f2e6f11ef6

To be honest I am skipping critical reaction all together now. 30% armor pen on railshot/unload is so nice, in PvE my railshots crit for 5k in arsenal, and my unload is hitting 3.5k crit ticks. Just go for the 4% alacrity in pyro, and skip critical reaction is my advice, I am sure people will disagree but with the 1.3 changes I feel there is no set build for arsenal now. Go with what feels best.

With regards to RANGED accuracy, with every piece of enhancement-moddable gear equipped with a +57 accuracy (rank 61) enhancement you are looking at around 103-104% accuracy (including the 1% from legacy companion affection). I am personally using 5/7 enhancements for about 101.5% ranged accuracy because if you go for 7/7 you will have next to no surge rating.

1% from legacy compagnion affection ? I don't knew that we can get 1% more accuracy by the legacy affection. I imagine that the companion must be up for that, isn't it ?

1% from legacy compagnion affection ? I don't knew that we can get 1% more accuracy by the legacy affection. I imagine that the companion must be up for that, isn't it ?

Nope, if you get a ranged dps companion to max affection on ANY character in your legacy you have a permanent 1% accuracy bonus. If you get a full set of companions to max affection you will have 1% bonus crit, 1% bonus surge, 1% bonus accuracy, and some other stuff, WITH or WITHOUT a companion present.

Nope, if you get a ranged dps companion to max affection on ANY character in your legacy you have a permanent 1% accuracy bonus. If you get a full set of companions to max affection you will have 1% bonus crit, 1% bonus surge, 1% bonus accuracy, and some other stuff, WITH or WITHOUT a companion present.

Thanks for the info :)

Thanks for the info :)

Hey no problem, If you want to see the 1% increases you can literally just create a new lvl 1 character and look at their base stats, you will notice some flat 1% increases.

First, that Alacrity doesn't affect the Global Cooldown (GCD) - so even if you can get your Tracer Missiles down to 1 second cast-time, there's still going to be a half-second pause as the GCD resets.

http://db.darthhater.com/skill_calc/bounty_hunter/mercenary/#::f2df11e2fef2e2fe10f2e6f11ef6

the alacrity is for UNLOAD, not for Tracer. getting full unload out in 2.7-2.8 secs instead of 3.0 seconds is a viable

reason to leverage the alacrity skills.

not to mention, since we are moving frequently in Operation Boss fights a savings of .1-.3 seconds is the difference of getting off a Tracer or Unload before the target on the ground fires off and you losing 75% health.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.