Old Player, New Scoundrel and unhappy face

Kerwynn

Hi all,

I decided the scoundrel healer looked like a great play with potentially a great amount of utility. I already have a sentinel as a main and leveled a dps sage up (ton of fun!).

BUT

My healy scoundrel is now 30 and the leveling just c r a w l s. I can keep my companion alive no problem, but it is sooooooo slow.

Am I just spoiled or am I flat just doing it wrong. I don't know a single scoundrel in game to ask (they are all sabs or sab/slingers).

I am using the tree from the sticky guide here.

I seem to do nothing but shoot a little to keep energy rolling, toss a vital shot now and again (keep the bleed up), toss a bomb to knock down the normals (then kill them( while my companion takes on the strong/elite. Interrupts on elite stuffs when they cast and then wait...... till the mob dies.

So my approach is:

1. Target mob from distance, send companion

2. hot companion 2x for upper hand

3. stun/kill adds while switching back and forth to heal companion with kolto pack

4. heal companion while keeping vital shot up on boss. (underworld medicine usually)

5. manage my energy throughout to keep at/above 60

Please critique, call me crazy (but nicely please!) and if this is the right approach, I will just suck it up and keep leveling like I am!

Thanks all

Edited by Kerwynn

Well, I mainly leveled up to 31 as a scrapper. Last night when I hit 31 I switched to Sawbones spec, just to try it out. I was surprised at how fast I was still killing things. Honestly I didn't see a huge difference.

I start off by loading up HOT on myself and companion (which has been Bowdarr lately).

Stealth and pop pungnacity

tranquilizer strongest mob.

If there is a droid I cc him and go into to killing remaining mob(s).

If not droid then I open with a backblast, and rest of the rotation skills (Blasterwhip, Flurry, Quickshot, Flurry).

At this point I'm weaving in the HOT on either myself and companion, whoever needs it most.

Once I get to the strongest and usually last mob, I throw the Sabo grenade, vital shot, and wake it up with Backblast if it is up.

Make sure you turn off the AOE abilities on companion if you use the cc's.

Edited by Boozsha

Alot of guys do level as a scrapper or dirty fighting, their is a hybrid build that alot use also. but if you want to stay specced as saw bones I know of one thing that makes a big difference. TWINK your companion out with the absolute best gear for their level. I it will definitely help.