Where can I respec my skill tree?

KithPine

Republic fleet in the combat training section.

In one of the siderooms you will find a Rodian "Skill Mentor" (at least I believe it's a skill mentor).

On Coruscant in one of the underground trading areas, there is a sideroom with the guild registration NPC and a Rodian "Skill Mentor".

I'm sure there are more, but those are the first 2 I came across. I always use the fleet one because I use the fleet as my hub.

Talk to one of them to respec. First time is free, after that I think it costs some credits but I don't know how many.

The conversation with the NPC does not show the price but after you ask the NPC to respec, you will get a popup to confirm it and this will show the price.

As for healing advice:

Try to keep your ammo above 7 is possible.

8-12 ammo = 0.60 regeneration

3-7 ammo = 0.36 regeneration

As you can see, as soon as you go below 8 ammo, you loose 40% !!! of your regeneration speed.

Before you reach level 27, use adv med probe if it's off cooldown, otherwise use med probe but keep an eye on your ammo.

Don't forget to activate your combat support cells and this turns your hammer shot into a weak healing ray when targetting friendly targets.

Use hammer shot on teammates to heal them whenever you are waiting for ammo to regenerate.

In your skill tree, take Supercharge Cells as soon as possible and then put the next 2 points in Field Medicine.

Your hammer shot on friendly targets (the green healing beam) will build 3 stacks of combat support cells.

With 1-2 points in Field Medicine, your med probe will build 3-6 stacks of combat support cells.

When you have 30 stacks, you can activate Supercharge Cells to consume the 30 stacks.

When you activate this, you instantly gain 2 ammo and for 10 seconds you do 10% more healing + your adv med probe doesn't have a cooldown.

During spike damage on your tank, use Supercharge Cells and then spam adv med probe. Your ammo will be below 8 if your tank needs a lot of healing because adv med probe still costs 2 ammo but you can finish off with Recharge Cells to get your ammo above 8 again.

Once you reach level 27, you can put your 3rd point in Field Triage.

This gives your adv med probe a 100% chance to reduce the cost of your next med probe by 2. (so it costs only 1 instead of 3)

Now when you use Supercharge Cells, you just alternate adv med probe and med probe for very strong healing with a very low ammo cost.

I'm currently level 29 myself and as soon as I hit 27, healing became A LOT easier due to the guaranteed proc from 3 points in Field Medicine.

I'm planning on taking Trauma probe as soon as possible, then Preventive Medicine and Armor Screen.

I don't use the following talents at all as they seem to be more PVP oriented: Efficient Conversions, Combat Shield (maybe this has a use later on during some boss fights that require uninterrupted healing at some point but I haven't come across such a situation yet), Med Zone, Treated Wound Dressings.

I hope this helps. I'm nowhere near pro but I find myself to be pretty when healing and have gotten several compliments from people liking my healing so I must be doing something right.

Just keep in mind that it might start out difficult and frustrating but once you hit level 27, things will be A LOT better.

Edit: just in case you are interested, this is the final build I'll be using personally

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#800rfRMR0cdkqZrcoZb.1

Just remember that if you want to be a healer, first go down the combat medic tree before you spend points in gunnery or assault.

Edited by Fsixknight