Please let us rebind space combat controls on their own

LordChucks

Please add keybindings for control of our ship in space combat as a separate set of bindings from the ground keybindings.

Right now space is nearly unplayable at the higher levels of difficulty because:

1. I am one of many who always switches the pivot/strafe keys for general MMO gameplay, but as a result it is incredibly unintuitive to dodge in space. Not having pivot left/right on "A" and "D" makes dodging a real pain in the hand.

2. I have also made huge use of the repositioning and rearranging of the UI, to a point where the primary bar is off in a corner unused and my 1-9 keys are bound to several of my other bars. This means none of the 4 hotkeys in space work for me (the weapon/shield regen toggle, the emp, etc). Those are always set to whatever 1-4 are on the primary hotkey bar are, and if you debind that primary bar on the ground it does so in space as well.

Being able to rebind space combat controls separate from the ground control scheme would make space far more playable for many of us heavy UI/keybind customizers.

Signed. And have previously requested this myself.

In the meantime, you might consider trying a G13 or similar device. I have mine so that the "M2" state maps the space combat keys, keeping them under the same fingers when I do space combat. But, obviously, this shouldn't be a requirement to play.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...