Quit with the Alacrity!

RanisTheSlayer

Yes but alacratiy is critical for the healing sage. Therein lies the problem. Go instant cast, and speed to cast is worthless.

They aren't going to have two and three sets of gear, so what is the logical solution?

Yeah it's a problem when every piece is a grind. Min/maxing takes forever and with BH gear you have to buy more than one of a certain piece and waste armoring to be able to max out power etc. Same applies to WH gear where every piece requires a lot of games to be played. It would probably have been better for me if I could buy the mods for 1000rwz/mod instead. Edited by MidichIorian

Alacrity is more than a dead stat for the dps sage, please stop forcing us to have it. My best in slot is still augmented columi. This should not be so.

sooo..you know you can re-mod your gear right? Because I have to say if you are sticking with Columi over the higher tier gear for the sake of dealing with your alacrity issue....Nothing can help you.

Yeah it's a problem when every piece is a grind. Min/maxing takes forever and with BH gear you have to buy more than one of a certain piece and waste armoring to be able to max out power etc. Same applies to WH gear where every piece requires a lot of games to be played. It would probably have been better for me if I could buy the mods for 1000rwz/mod instead.

As it should be! Min/Maxing is something you should have to work towards, not be handed. Why not just be able to turn lvl 50 and have the highest tier gear handed to you fully re-moded to your needs and wants? Really!?

Soo...you realized that optimal stat distribution in Campaign gear is nearly equal amounts of Surge and Alacrity (about 250-300 of each), right? That applies to all 3 DPS specs, too. Alacrity only competes directly with Surge for itemization space, and Surge DRs too hard to quickly to eat up all 550-600 itemization devoted to Surge and Alacrity.

As it should be! Min/Maxing is something you should have to work towards, not be handed. Why not just be able to turn lvl 50 and have the highest tier gear handed to you fully re-moded to your needs and wants? Really!?
I doubt that the intention was to force us to buy two different sets or pay + 2 million per mod on GTN just to be able to max out. The problem is that they havent thought things through. To gear up now you pretty much have to buy several sets, rip the mods and then create the ideal outfit in contrats to just building one outfit from scratch. I'm not saying that individual mods should be cheap, 1000 rwz'es or 20 BH comms/ea sounds reasonable, but it would be a much smoother approach. Edited by MidichIorian

I doubt that the intention was to force us to buy two different sets or pay + 2 million per mod on GTN just to be able to max out. The problem is that they havent thought things through. To gear up now you pretty much have to buy several sets, rip the mods and then create the ideal outfit in contrats to just building one outfit from scratch. I'm not saying that individual mods should be cheap, 1000 rwz'es or 20 BH comms/ea sounds reasonable, but it would be much smoother approach.

I agree with you in that it would be nice to have the ability to purchase individual mods/enhancements with a reasonable about of comms, and/or have them drop in the raids like the armorings. It is a pain to have to acquire numerous pieces to build your character as you want. I just believe that you should have to work a reasonable amount to build your character well as opposed to some that I think just want everything handed to them without doing the work.

Soo...you realized that optimal stat distribution in Campaign gear is nearly equal amounts of Surge and Alacrity (about 250-300 of each), right? That applies to all 3 DPS specs, too. Alacrity only competes directly with Surge for itemization space, and Surge DRs too hard to quickly to eat up all 550-600 itemization devoted to Surge and Alacrity.

If you are that disturbed by the alacrity you can always acquire gear from other classes and use their enhancements, while making all of your other gear power and willpower heavy. Or whatever magical combination you can come up with :) I believe in you!

If you are that disturbed by the alacrity you can always acquire gear from other classes and use their enhancements, while making all of your other gear power and willpower heavy. Or whatever magical combination you can come up with :) I believe in you!

I don't think you're reading what he's posting.

First, you can't escape the trade-off between Surge and Alacrity. If you want less Alacrity, you will take more Surge. End of story.

Secondly, Alacrity does benefit DPS (faster casting = more casting = more damage per second). The returns from Surge fall so low at around 250-300 that you're better spending the rest of your stat budget (the total amount of Surge + Alacrity that you can acquire) on Alacrity.

First, you can't escape the trade-off between Surge and Alacrity. If you want less Alacrity, you will take more Surge. End of story.

Sure you can, as I said....get enhancements from another classes gear. You then do not have to have an enhancement with alacrity or surge....you will have stats completely useless to you, but since alacrity and surge are so traumatic to have for some, Oh well. See - I never said that it made sense to do, but it is possible. :)

Edited by Nursejenna

Sure you can, as I said....get enhancements from another classes gear. You then do not have to have an enhancement with alacrity or surge....you will have stats completely useless to you, but since alacrity and surge are so traumatic to have for some, Oh well. See - I never said that it made sense to do, but it is possible. :)

Find me an enhancement that doesn't have Alacrity or Surge on it (and doesn't have other stats we don't care about, like Accuracy or Defense). Go ahead, I'll wait.

Fact is, Enhancements have 3 stat slots on them. The first is always Endurance, the second (of the stats we care about) is either Power or Crit, and the third (again, of the stats we care about) is either Surge or Alacrity. There's no way to get a Power/Crit enhancement. Sorry.

Mods are the same way, they come in Endurance, Willpower, and either Power or Crit (with different ratios of the 3 to each other). No mods exist with Alacrity or Surge on them. No direct trades.

Alacrity and Surge directly compete with each other and only with each other. Power and Crit are the same way. The only way to directly trade any of these for stats in another category is through augments, and those should always be Resolve augments anyway.

Actually I don't think you're reading what she's posting. You don't have to take those enhancements and like it. Just because bioware puts it there for you, that doesn't mean you should blindly take it. Use your brain and even you can make your anti surge and alacrity dreams come true!

"The more you know"

Actually I don't think you're reading what she's posting. You don't have to take those enhancements and like it. Just because bioware puts it there for you, that doesn't mean you should blindly take it. Use your brain and even you can make your anti surge and alacrity dreams come true!

"The more you know"

You broke my sarcasm detector :( How am I going to survive on the interwebs now?

But alright, yes, you can escape the Surge/Alacrity tradeoff with option C: engage idiot mode.

Edited by Aurojiin

Find me an enhancement that doesn't have Alacrity or Surge on it (and doesn't have other stats we don't care about, like Accuracy or Defense). Go ahead, I'll wait.

Wait...wait...oh..what was it that I said...I can't quite remember...

Oh yes..

Sure you can, as I said....get enhancements from another classes gear. You then do not have to have an enhancement with alacrity or surge....you will have stats completely useless to you, but since alacrity and surge are so traumatic to have for some, Oh well. See - I never said that it made sense to do, but it is possible.

That's right..I thought I had said that. lol.. omg RAGE RAGE RAGE

In fact, our current BIS campaign-level setups have about 750 Power and 285 Crit, Surge, and Alacrity as their stat balance.

Current BiS is 2129 Willpower with the following stats

Lightning: 992 power, 342 alacrity, 164 crit, 228 surge (2x WH power relics)

Madness: 838 power, 228 alacrty, 205 crit, 342 surge (1x WH power relic + 1x Campaign internal damage proc relic)

Hybrid: 759 power, 285 alacrity, 287 crit, 285 surge (1x WH power relic + 1x Campaign internal damage proc relic)

Edited by hatterson

Do you know you have Alacrity because you don't need Accuracy ?

You don't have to stack Accuracy so BioWare gives you some free Alacrity instead that other ranged DPS doesn't get in their DPS gear, and you complain ?

I'm not sure you would be happy if BioWare hadn't made this just for you and if you had Accuracy instead just like other Ranged DPS...

Edited by Altheran

lol..oh please delete your toon.

But I do thank you for giving me a good laugh today.

What are you stacking on augments, Power? Willpower is 9-10% better than Power in all gear setups available in the game. There is ZERO reason to ever use anything but a Resolve augment for PvE DPS (or PvE healing, for that matter).

Current BiS is 2129 Willpower with the following stats

Lightning: 992 power, 342 alacrity, 164 crit, 228 surge (2x WH power relics)

Madness: 838 power, 228 alacrty, 205 crit, 342 surge (1x WH power relic + 1x Campaign internal damage proc relic)

Hybrid: 759 power, 285 alacrity, 287 crit, 285 surge (1x WH power relic + 1x Campaign internal damage proc relic)

See, now you're just railing on me for posting the current knowledge before we had that back and forth over the BIS lists out on MM. Tsk tsk.

Edited by Daellia

Small things amuse small minds.

You are so right!. And if my small mind can recognize the idiocy of this statement...

and I quote "The only way to directly trade any of these for stats in another category is through augments, and those should always be Resolve augments anyway."

What does that say about you?

Unless you by chance haven't min/maxed your toon and need the willpower to up your crit, then dare I ask..why would one not choose...Oh I don't know...a power/endurance augment? It does provide more bonus healing/damage. Silly me!...that doesn't sound very logical.

Unless you by chance haven't min/maxed your toon and need the willpower to up your crit, then dare I ask..why would one not choose...Oh I don't know...a power/endurance augment? It does provide more bonus healing/damage. Silly me!...that doesn't sound very logical.

Because with the 11% bonus Willpower gets from buffs and skills, it's about 9-10% superior to Power in every situation? Sounds pretty logical to me...

What are you stacking on augments, Power? Willpower is 9-10% better than Power in all gear setups available in the game. There is ZERO reason to ever use anything but a Resolve augment for PvE DPS (or PvE healing, for that matter).

Oh that is so scary.

Because with the 11% bonus Willpower gets from buffs and skills, it's about 9-10% superior to Power in every situation? Sounds pretty logical to me...

Honestly..you should go try the simplest form... take a power and willpower augment..get all the buffs you want ..and swap them out. Watch the numbers carefully. This is all the help I can provide.