The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Crazy DPS for a tank/DPS class! (Jung Ma)

Asturias

I transfered over to Jung Ma server from Ajunta Pall and been PvPing alot at night. I was pugging in a WZ (Voidstar) and a Vanguard pulled over 600K worth of damage. I tried to print screen this to show everyone but it didn't work so I can't show it.

I am fully dressed in BM gear minus my weapons are the Hero set so I know how to play my class.

My question is what are people using to increase there damage output because I thought I had the hang of this but this guy made me feel like a chump after seeing a score in DPS like that :p

Is there a site I don't know about to give some pointers please point me in the right direction, thanks.

another person that thinks top damage matters in pvp... sigh.

actually it kinda shows that youre competent at playing your class and when it comes down to it in such wz such as civil war, voidstar, and novare coast dps really does matter. if you have 4 people that can hit 400k damage in a warzone, those healers are gonna be easy to take down and so will the rest of their group which will allow you to cap a door or take a turret.

oh and by the way, he didn't say top damage he just said he hit over 600k worth of damage.

Edited by fiav

600K DPS was a perfect storm and the cause of that storm wasn't the specific DPS class, but rather the healers on both teams that kept everyone up and running and a full 15 minute timer.

Any DPS class can hit 600K+ damage in a WZ if they were never attacked and no one ever died. The problem, and reason most don't in a match is they do die and opposing PUG teams aren't that great at healing their own.

See, if any DPS class has a pocket healer that keeps them up for long lengths of time, their damage potential goes way up. I say potential though because if the healers on the other team aren't good, that uptime is wasted with long pauses as players respawn. SO what helps hit the 600K damage marker? First off, a well fought WZ like Voidstar that goes the full 15 minutes, second, a pocket healer focused on a DPS player and finally....competent healers on the opposing side that keep filling those health bars as fast as the DPS can take them down.

So...this wasn't a sign of VG DPS putting out huge numbers because any DPS class would do the same in that situation.

There are so many classes capable of 600k+. A dps'er is able to push out more damage when they get healed. A healers survivability is increased with a designated tank. Stop with the damage is all that matters. There are other factors and roles that contribute to high damage than your uber skillz.

There are so many classes capable of 600k+. A dps'er is able to push out more damage when they get healed. A healers survivability is increased with a designated tank. Stop with the damage is all that matters. There are other factors and roles that contribute to high damage than your uber skillz.

I never claimed "damage is all that matters". I said that damage matters...in response to someone that claimed it didn't. It does. L2R

I never claimed "damage is all that matters". I said that damage matters...in response to someone that claimed it didn't. It does. L2R

Whoaaaah... easy there kiddo. This was directed to general perception and not you personally. If you want to make it personal that's your problem, not mine.

It definitely isn't hard to put up some big numbers when you have the right support to be able to do so. Here are a few screenshots of a few wz's from the last couple of days where everything went right.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/717/exampleth.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/521/example2r.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/233/example3w.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/703/example4y.jpg/

I'm no pro and this isn't to show off, but to show some of the potential we have when we are backed up by the right kind of support. Assault is still fun! It does it's job of putting out pressure on other healers / heavy hitters. Also, I was a Tactics user for a long time, so this kind of dmg was done with full combat tech armor, no 4 piece eliminator.

Edited by Arkanjil