Black hole off hand?

I was looking at some black hole gear the other day and noticed that the med tech gear has a generator as off hand.

I'm under the assumption that Mercs can only equip a second blaster because the item is greyed out for me and i dont have a generator proficiency in my abilities list.

Am i wrong or did BW **** up?

I was looking at some black hole gear the other day and noticed that the med tech gear has a generator as off hand.

I'm under the assumption that Mercs can only equip a second blaster because the item is greyed out for me and i dont have a generator proficiency in my abilities list.

Am i wrong or did BW **** up?

You are correct.

Well i wrote a ticket to customer support and their reply was:

"We are happy to help with any problems, however, to avoid spoiling your game experience and the rish story driven content of Star wars: the old republic, we will not provide specific information on items or pieces of equipment, or anything relating to the matters that are intended to be explored through gameplay."

+ a whole speech on how i should look at community forums or lore or whatever or explore the game to get an answer.

IMO that just means 'they don't know'

simply put:

since you can extract the mods from an offhand blaster and put them in your MAIN hand it would be unwise to allow

a BlackHole offhand weapon since there then would be no need to attempt to do hardmode Explosive Conflict which

is currently the only place to attain the highest level weapon mods in the game.

simply put:

since you can extract the mods from an offhand blaster and put them in your MAIN hand it would be unwise to allow

a BlackHole offhand weapon since there then would be no need to attempt to do hardmode Explosive Conflict which

is currently the only place to attain the highest level weapon mods in the game.

They could just put a offhand blaster that doesn't have mods, like a vibroknife or focus has no mods, just the right stats.

Trash items (greens) are like that so there is no reason they cant do that for Ops gear.

simply put:

Or, they could make it so the barrel is off hand specific like armoring. Doesn't seem right that focus and shield generator users get their off hand and we dont. Besides the Black hole equipment isn't supposed to be better then campaigne.

Med-tech gear is for Powertechs, not mercenaries. That would be why there is a generator and not an offhand for the Med-tech gear.

Otherwise, why do you need an offhand specific weapon at all? The point of the black hole gear is to pull the mods and slot them into other gear. Currently I'm using two offhand Rakata blasters slotted into augmented pistols. The stats are identical.

Med-tech gear is for Powertechs, not mercenaries. That would be why there is a generator and not an offhand for the Med-tech gear.

Otherwise, why do you need an offhand specific weapon at all? The point of the black hole gear is to pull the mods and slot them into other gear. Currently I'm using two offhand Rakata blasters slotted into augmented pistols. The stats are identical.

Med-Tech is the Black Hole veriation of the Combat Medic set for mercenaries, not Powertechs... Powertechs don't have a healing spec. The generators are for the Commando (Mirror to the Mercernary on the republic side.) Mercenaries can't wear generators, so its either a misplaced item or BW is messing with us.