The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Decided to give up on most of the offensive talents. Here's my new PvE build:

TBSMiser

So, now that threat is no long really an issue and I'm not concerned with my damage output as much, I'm dropping my DPS increasing talents and changing my gear/mods around.

I finally think it's worth putting points into "Integrated Cardio Package". Why do I give a **** about more damage on RP or RS now that no one is touching me in threat?

Here's my end game PvE spec. Seems pretty standard, lemme know what you tanks think.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301McbZ0cZG0GrdoroGR.2

So instead of increasing your overall dmg with IGS and RP, which can go off immediately after using it then again every 4.5 seconds. You decide to increase your health by like... 400-600 points? You do know that Rocket Punch procs the IGS right? Edited by midnitemonster

So instead of increasing your overall dmg with IGS and RP, which can go off immediately after using it then again every 4.5 seconds. You decide to increase your health by like... 400-600 points? You do know that Rocket Punch procs the IGS right?

I think you are misunderstanding the spec and what he is trying to do. Our damage now is insignificant. They nerfed it when they changed some of the talents around with crit %, etc. They boosted threat, and made AE much easier to control. Because of that, the minute damage increases are irrelevant, so he is going into cardio. I did the same thing on 1.3 release.

So instead of increasing your overall dmg with IGS and RP, which can go off immediately after using it then again every 4.5 seconds. You decide to increase your health by like... 400-600 points? You do know that Rocket Punch procs the IGS right?

Trust me, I agreed with you before. Read how I worded my post,.... I really think that any points that CAN be put into "defensive" skills, SHOULD be. (Any DPS/threat skill be damned.) So, yes, I would MUCH rather have 400-600 (It's a lil more for me.) HP than 8% RP dmg+ and 1 other skill point in +flame burst or something stupid. Try it out, I'm dropping my Aim augments too. You really don't need any stats into offensive skills anymore if you're a PvE raid tank. Kinda sad, but I guess it's gonna make us some pretty sick meatshields. 8)