How's marauder survivability?

TwistedTony

Cloak of pain- reduces damage taken by 20% for 6 seconds. Cooldown: 1 minute

Saber ward- Increase melee and ranged defence by 50%, reduce damage taken by 25% from force and tech attacks. Cooldown: 3 minutes

Force Camouflage- Stealth for 4 seconds, increased damage resistance by 50% and movement speed by 30%. Cooldown: 45 seconds

And last but not least Undying Rage- Spend 50% of your current health to gain 99% damage reduction for 5 seconds allowing you to kill just about anyone and then get away with force camouflage. Cooldown: 1:30

Keep in mind that you may spec to reduce the cooldown on many of these abilities and/or optimize them.

So overall, i dont think Marauders have any survivability, at all.

In comparison to other dps classes?

Marauders and Sentinels currently have the best survivability right now through their mobility and the cycling of the 4 best defensive abilities in the game. Its on par with and better than some tanks.

I wouldn't get too attached though, it will most likely be toned down in the near future.

If it's a straight up comparison to abilities marauders have some really goods, probably the best defense clickies for DPS.

But don't forget to count range. Ranged classes don't always need the defenses cause they can kite or knock back and root. Those these aren't defense clickies they are melee mitigation abilities. Sometimes the marauder needs the defense clickie in order to make it into the fight.

Edited by Kogarvandalin

Marauder survivability is good, but don't listen to the QQers in here, it is 100% needed to get you through warzones. Other dps classes get all kinds of stuns/cc abilities to use. Marauders get screwed in this department, so we have to rely on our survival cooldowns to keep us alive long enough to live through all the stuns/cc/burst damage of other classes.

Annihilation survivability is great, but unfortunately if someone dispels your dots, there goes your self healing too.

Cloak of pain- reduces damage taken by 20% for 6 seconds. Cooldown: 1 minute

Saber ward- Increase melee and ranged defence by 50%, reduce damage taken by 25% from force and tech attacks. Cooldown: 3 minutes

Force Camouflage- Stealth for 4 seconds, increased damage resistance by 50% and movement speed by 30%. Cooldown: 45 seconds

And last but not least Undying Rage- Spend 50% of your current health to gain 99% damage reduction for 5 seconds allowing you to kill just about anyone and then get away with force camouflage. Cooldown: 1:30

Keep in mind that you may spec to reduce the cooldown on many of these abilities and/or optimize them.

So overall, i dont think Marauders have any survivability, at all.

^^ is a good breakdown of the abilities.

The reality is that all of those don't matter (outside of Undying Rage & Force Camo) when you are Focus Fired, which every good team does.

There is no AoE knockback. There is no AoE Stun. There is no AoE Snare. There is no jumping to friendly targets. There is no CC/Snare Immunity clicky. There is no extended Vanish (dont' get me wrong, it's great, but force camo is a very short term), there is no Single Target Stun / Mez / Sleep to even odds.

U had better use your Dmg Reduction cooldown to find which target is squishy, then burn them down, force camo to re-position, and burn down the next guy. If you fail at any one of these steps. U die.

^^ is a good breakdown of the abilities.

The reality is that all of those don't matter (outside of Undying Rage & Force Camo) when you are Focus Fired, which every good team does.

There is no AoE knockback. There is no AoE Stun. There is no AoE Snare. There is no jumping to friendly targets. There is no CC/Snare Immunity clicky. There is no extended Vanish (dont' get me wrong, it's great, but force camo is a very short term), there is no Single Target Stun / Mez / Sleep to even odds.

U had better use your Dmg Reduction cooldown to find which target is squishy, then burn them down, force camo to re-position, and burn down the next guy. If you fail at any one of these steps. U die.

There is Awe/Intimidating Roar which stuns people real quick, nice for stalling people in WZ.

You will die quickly and often in WZs at low levels, but everyone is telling me it gets better. Can't wait for that. It also depends on spec, I'm Carnage, and it has the lowest survivabity.

Carnage probably has the best survivability. Pop stealth + predation and you can run at super speed over to the health potions. I die the least with carnage, most with rage (because it requires me to get up into the middle of the brawl with only undying to hold me up for a bit until I die) and middle is anni (6 second cloak is nice but without the speed buffs it's not always going to save you).