Zen and it's duration.

Avalister

So I'm playing my Sentinel and was looking through my abilites, and Zen doesn't talk about having a duration. It only says it 'lasts for 6 charges'. I realize it has an internal duration that is not shown or explained, but it'd be nice to see what it's duration is. Unless there's something I'm missing in another ability.

So I'm playing my Sentinel and was looking through my abilites, and Zen doesn't talk about having a duration. It only says it 'lasts for 6 charges'. I realize it has an internal duration that is not shown or explained, but it'd be nice to see what it's duration is. Unless there's something I'm missing in another ability.

Think it's a 12 or 15 sec duration if you hover over the stacks of zen you get at start. (obviously only if you don't use any of your stacks of zen, which would be stupid)

Unless you hit Overload.

Then the stacks just burn.. Found THAT out the hard way :l

The full tooltip for Zen reads:

Requires and converts 30 stacks of Centering to enter a Zen state. Lasts for 6 charges. This effect varies based on your current lightsaber form:

Shii-Cho Form: Slash costs no focus and strikes 1 additional nearby enemy.

Juyo Form: Increases the critical chance of your burn attacks by 100% and causes burn damage to heal your group for 1% of max health each tick.

Ataru Form: Reduces the focus cost of Slash, Cyclone Slash and Blade Rush by 1 and reduces their global cooldown by 0.5 seconds.

The full tooltip for Overload Saber reads:

Charges your lightsabers with deadly energy for 15 seconds, causing your next 3 successful melee attacks to make the target burn for 235 elemental damage over 6 seconds. Stacks up to 3 times. This effect cannot occur more than once every 1.5 seconds.

I could be wrong, but basically Overload Saber will be consuming 2 charges of Zen for every hit after activation: 1 for the attack and one for the burn effect. (Coupled with the increased by 100% crit chance in Juyo this makes it a great DPS and self-healing combination. :))

For the other forms, I'm guessing the charges are consumed as you use the relevant attack: 1 per attack. That is why you see different duration times.