The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

New to the game, advice on rotation/build for pve

Tethyr

Guys, I'm reaching for help/advice on full lvl 50 pve spec Vanguard Tank and perfect threat rotation for groups or and Tank Bosses.

Thank you for your time and future advices.

Tethyr , Lvl 48 Vanguard Tank Jung Ma!!!

Hammer - shockstrike - hight impact - ion pulse. this is rotation i use on bosses. For mobs is just everything aoe u have, but problem with this game is that if dps picks another target he will pull aggro real fast, cant stop that.

Energy Blast whenever it's up. At the start of a fight, Ion Pulse until your shields are charged up. Other than that, my priority is pretty much

Stockstrike > High Impact Bolt > Full Auto > Ion Pulse > Hammer Shot

If there are multiple targets, sprinkle in Mortar Volley > Pulse Cannon > Sticky Grenade > Explosive Surge

You shouldn't have ammo issues very often, if ever, but if you fumble and end up below maximum recharge rate, you basically have two "do over" buttons, Recharge Cells and Reserve Powercell.

Skill tree is 31/8/2, IMO.

As for threat: turn on Target of Target. If the boss ever switches to someone else, taunt it. This should not be a problem after about the first minute or so of a fight. Alternatively, you can spam your taunts on cooldown (does not trigger GCD, so it doesn't hurt your DPS at all)

Edited by CitizenFry