Accuracy or no?

Fodiddle

Hi.

Now that 1.3 has dropped, should high end PVE PT's still be stacking accuracy to 100% base or no?

Thanks.

Pyro? if so 98% for RS. If AP, would say not as important. Havne't run comparisions. The NORSE spec, no accuracy since no RS really. RS Max dps AP, then yes some. Not sure 98% is needed like pyro tho.

Pyro? if so 98% for RS. If AP, would say not as important. Havne't run comparisions. The NORSE spec, no accuracy since no RS really. RS Max dps AP, then yes some. Not sure 98% is needed like pyro tho.

Tank spec only here, before 1.3 the consensus was to have 100% base for threat purposes.

I'd love to dump accuracy for absorb/defense etc.

Tank spec only here, before 1.3 the consensus was to have 100% base for threat purposes.

Tank Spec? Then the only ability for accuracy is RS/Unload/Rapid? Why so much Accuracy?

Why 98% accuracy for RS? Isn't 100% required for no miss or after 98% you get more dps by stacking something else?

You get more dps. The 2% is negligible. The math i've seen from others shows 98% to be the sweet spot. TBH in pvp i'm only 97.9%. I figure that's close enough.

Which consensus was that then?

As far as I understood, the consensus was always that accuracy was a worthless waste of your stat points and you should remove it ASAP in favour of defensive stats. To the point of removing accuracy giving enhancements from rakata if you could replace with a columi version without accuracy, etc.

I feel you may have been working on the basis of poor information :/

For PvE tanking, Accuracy is almost completely worthless. Go look at your parses - even with zero Accuracy Rating, the only things you miss on are a few hits of Hammer Shot, a few hits of Full Auto, and the occasional High Impact Bolt.

You get more dps. The 2% is negligible. The math i've seen from others shows 98% to be the sweet spot. TBH in pvp i'm only 97.9%. I figure that's close enough.

Can you link some of that math please?

• 2 weeks later...
No accuracy for tanks. No tank in the game should have any accuracy on any piece of his gear. The reason for this is because threat generation has been increased to a point where you can afford to miss 10% of the time and still out threat any dps in the game as long as you aren't a complete noob. Also, there are no significant abilities a tank needs that requires accuracy. All of these are force or tech, with the possible exception of a few jug abilities.