Stop Knocking Enemies Out of My AOE!

LeggoMyMuoio

i'm a focus guardian and i support this message.

so many times 2 or 3 enemies are down to 4k health and about to be dead with 1 sweep.... then some aoe knockback saves all their lives.

I always assumed every commando was just trolling me. ... maybe they were.

Obviously your aoe dps is far more important than a team mate attempting to survive.

How about give sorc/sage a def cd and then we wont have to us KB as our only survival strategy.

Melees have no clue. And yes I have a WH jugg too.

I have a consular and I do it all the time.

Firstly, I would like to apologize, but more importantly I would like to explain why. The apology is sincere, everytime I do it and then see your AoE going off with cool graphics I grimace or facepalm. I screwed up, there I said it.

Why?

Our AoE does no damage, what is the point? No one was even focusing me, it was just a crowd, so why did I do it.

The reason is because we consulars have no AoE abilities. We are all trained to see when a group is clumped so we can unleash an AoE, as consular, all i have is a knockback. Granted it's useless when not interupting or on a bridge/platform etc but when I see the crowd I hit the crowd.

In conclusion, give us a social aoe ability with no damage, no effect, no gcd, if you want this to stop. Sort of like nicotine gum.

**If you doubt my reasoning then next time it happens do this, ask the offender what spec he is, 9/10 it's an AC with no AoE.

Edited by richardya

Whenever I get a bunch of people clumped up to aoe with ether Mortar Volley or Pulse Cannon, some Consular always seems to come by and uses their aoe knockback, knocking everyone out of my damage radius. This happens a lot. WHY U HATE AOE!? :w_mad:

Man I hate the people that do that, and its always the juiciest group too, that could quite possibly change the battle in your favour.

Then some derptard comes running along and is like "DERPDERPDERPaoeknockbackDERPDERP"

I'm not going to die by gang tackle if I have my knockback up!

Understand why it happens now. Your AOE opportunity is created by the pending death of someone who not surprisingly takes what steps they can to survive... Yes AOE works better when your allies survival CD is down.

Just die and serve a greater purpose.

Obviously your aoe dps is far more important than a team mate attempting to survive.

How about give sorc/sage a def cd and then we wont have to us KB as our only survival strategy.

Melees have no clue. And yes I have a WH jugg too.

I'm willing to sacrifice 1 of my team-mates lives to kill 3 of theirs.

Edited by Darth_Acherus

Stop AOE'ing my intimidating roar!!! ;)

^This.

I Awe those sobs to divide the enemy force to make it easier to pull apart, but noooooooo, a second later, I see a mortar volley disrupting it because some idiot wants to look better on the damage board.

Man I hate the people that do that, and its always the juiciest group too, that could quite possibly change the battle in your favour.

Then some derptard comes running along and is like "DERPDERPDERPaoeknockbackDERPDERP"

Just die and serve a greater purpose.

I'm willing to sacrifice 1 of my team-mates lives to kill 3 of theirs.

AoE never killed anyone, obvious troll is obvious.

there's two main things going on here

1) sage or commando about to die so they pop kb or a shadow pops kb to try to save them, this is fairly predictable and can be dealt with simply through awareness, if you use an aoe stun or taunt then they might not need to use their kb, you should be supporting your healer regardless.

2) stupid pug thinks its fun to use kb on cool down and messes up aoe damage for no apparent reason. this is very common and go ahead and yell at the people.

there's two main things going on here

1) sage or commando about to die so they pop kb or a shadow pops kb to try to save them, this is fairly predictable and can be dealt with simply through awareness, if you use an aoe stun or taunt then they might not need to use their kb, you should be supporting your healer regardless.

2) stupid pug thinks its fun to use kb on cool down and messes up aoe damage for no apparent reason. this is very common and go ahead and yell at the people.

Number 2 is 99% of the problem.

I tend to use my AoE knockback on my Counsular or Inquisitors because of several key reasons...

- I'm pretty much gonna die, best way to annoy mass targets.

- I'm trying to tick the other side off by sending them all over, works wonders.

- They are on the voidstar bridge, whee!

- Trying to take some kind of point or planting a bomb.

9/10 times I've knocked back someone with others around, I *then* see an AoE where everyone was... at times, the targets on the other side will stupidly run back into the AoE and the damage is done either way, or it forces them to walk around - saving time.

Sadly, saving time doesn't do much in terms of medals or comms.