When did my character join the empire?

Wallner

Hey, playing a bounty hunter, just got to balmorra. Just had to vent my frustration about this.

So I'm playing as a bounty hunter, and I've gotten to Balmorra now. But I seem to have missed the point where my character joined the empire. Why does my character all of a sudden care about the empire? And he says things like, "Your selfishness aided our enemies" Who's enemies?. Sometimes I can choose to ask for a reward (as motivation), but sometimes he seems to draw on some unexplained imperial patriotism.

I understand that my character take bounties from the empire like anywhere else, but I havn't really understood why my character is caring about the empire at all. There's no reason for him to.

This is probably not new, and you guys must have thought about this as well?

P.S BH has so far been the least satisfying character when it comes to dialouge.

P.P.S How does all the npc's know that I'm a bounty hunter? Am I wearing a badge of somekind?

(and please try to avoid BH spoilers ^^)

Edited by Wallner

That's a question I think many have had because it doesn't seem to make much sense, but according to the Holonet article on this site

http://www.swtor.com/holonet/classes/bounty-hunter

The Empire is willing to work with Bounty Hunters to get stuff done, whereas the Republic doesn't like to get their hands dirty....I don't know? Many think that the Bounty Hunter and Smuggler should be a neutral class without ties to either the Empire or Republic respectively, but that's the way it is I guess.

Also, as far as NPC's knowing that you are a Bounty Hunter, it's the same reason why they know you are a Sith, or an Imperial Agent -- it's just written into the dialogue for the particular class. And as far as the dialogue is concerned, I too have a bounty hunter who just finished Balmorra, and I agree that the dialogue leaves much to be desired compared to other classes.

Many think that the Bounty Hunter and Smuggler should be a neutral class without ties to either the Empire or Republic respectively, but that's the way it is I guess.

Very much agree with that. That would make much more sense.

Meh. My BH is just starting on Taris, and I've noticed many dialogue choices stating that I'm not Imperial and I only am here for credits. In fact, if you roll around using Mako, she loves these options. I can't actually recall any moment where I was forced to only pick dialogue options stating my belonging to the Empire. There definitely are plenty of opportunities to choose dialogue options geared toward "our" Empire, but BW probably put them there so you could choose to "roleplay" different ways.

Yes there have been a couple of times where I've been able to state that I'm in it for the credits and I'm not part of the empire. But when I've wanted to take some actions he's been motivating it with the empires cause, which isn't why I've actually chosen that action.

I dont understand why I can't betray my team in false emperor, I like malgus' empire more anyway. alien friendly? still engaging in activities that require my services? sounds like there's no reason my zabrak bounty hunter would ever side with the xenophobic empire against malgus.

If you are playing BH and you WANT to be Empire Lackey, then yes, it doesn't make much sense. But when you get to Balmorra, you get noticed as a decent hunter, not an Empire Trooper.

The ONLY option I hated in the whole damn story that was REALLY forced is not even related to the Empire. I chose every option possible to avoid that from happening to no avail. Although 99% of the BH here want to be it, I did not. But, what ever.

As you play BH, you got 2 choices, you are an Empire Lackey or you are not.

That's a question I think many have had because it doesn't seem to make much sense, but according to the Holonet article on this site

http://www.swtor.com/holonet/classes/bounty-hunter

Many think that the Bounty Hunter and Smuggler should be a neutral class without ties to either the Empire or Republic respectively, but that's the way it is I guess.

I recall that before the game went liive, they had said BH's would be able to run missions for both sides. But somehow it got lost in the shuffle.

What I'm thinking is that both Bounty Hunters and Smugglers are somewhat independent. Only problem is that after the 1st day, when the Empire foots our bill for making roast steak out of a Jedi, I doubt the Republic will like us to take one of their jobs before standing trial.

And then, there are the Mandalorians, who have a tiny problem with the Jedi Order. And if you choose to be a part of them, well... your Bounty Hunting days are pretty much over. Something like marriage.

And you want to be in the Great Hunt (Mandalorian) to revenge the one who believed in you. And Mandalorians are somewhat sided with the Empire.

I dont understand why I can't betray my team in false emperor, I like malgus' empire more anyway. alien friendly? still engaging in activities that require my services? sounds like there's no reason my zabrak bounty hunter would ever side with the xenophobic empire against malgus.

A little off-topic, but so much this on my Twi'lek Inquisitor. I get that it has to be limited because it's a Flashpoint not an entire single player game, but I think I would help him overthrow the Empire, kill him and take power for myself. The closest you can get is telling him you "respect his initiative" or something like that.

Mine never did join the empire. in fact, for most of the story, non-empire, light side choices seemed to make way more sense with the story line

and the fact that you're a mandalorian, who doesn't kill without honor

As a matter of fact, i loved the last choice in the story, which is definitely NOT empire-friendly if you choose LS...

Mine never did join the empire. in fact, for most of the story, non-empire, light side choices seemed to make way more sense with the story line

As a matter of fact, i loved the last choice in the story, which is definitely NOT empire-friendly if you choose LS...

Agreed!

Ever since deciding to go LS, that was perhaps the most gratifying choice of them all. I always said I would do just that if the price was right or would just damn feel good to do.

Uh huh but not everyone is a mando and I do as the employer requires does not matter if you have honor or not your still a criminal.

Plus if you join malgus you have to strip yourself of ALL previous titles which would make your class story/planet quests meaningless. I am not ready to give up all my power just because a group thinks the empire should run differently right now the empire is changing opening up the sith academy to all races. Imperial intelligence taking in non humans as operatives.

Edited by lokdron