Crewskill for DPS-Heavy Merc

SquidMaster

I'm leaning towards Arms, since it's going to be my bread and butter, but has anyone who went a different way been happier for it?

I'm a very dps heavy merc and I went with cybertech along with slicing and underworld trading. I figure you'll be picking up weapons as you progress and will need mods for your armor and weapons along with grenades. I went with slicing instead of scavenging because you get so many credits for it especially with Mako. You can buy the materials for scavenging on the GTN

I'm a very dps heavy merc and I went with cybertech along with slicing and underworld trading. I figure you'll be picking up weapons as you progress and will need mods for your armor and weapons along with grenades. I went with slicing instead of scavenging because you get so many credits for it especially with Mako. You can buy the materials for scavenging on the GTN

I have done same as this and only just started using crew skills recently and was thinking of ditching cybertech. YOu are correct in making money is easy, I have over 21k so far and haven't even dome much besides quests and opening the odd chest I find on my questing.

I haven't even really found anything to spend money on but I might look at getting some components tonight and try an make some stuff in cybertech to skill that up.

I have done same as this and only just started using crew skills recently and was thinking of ditching cybertech. YOu are correct in making money is easy, I have over 21k so far and haven't even dome much besides quests and opening the odd chest I find on my questing.

I haven't even really found anything to spend money on but I might look at getting some components tonight and try an make some stuff in cybertech to skill that up.

Mostly the speeder and training for it is 48k credits

I'm always hesitant to rely upon others. I have trust issues. Plus I'm worried that launch will see the GTN go crazy with overpriced stuff and farmers. Having said that, I may just give Armormech a try.

You would probably be better off going with Slicing, Cyber, and Underworld Trading. That mods for from Cyber are very useful, and the money and schematics from Slicing are obviously awesome. Plus with Cyber you can make a group summon device, upgrades for your ship, mounts, etc.

Arms and Armormech wont give you anything that wont be replaced by FP and Operations, but Cybertech will be useful forever. Afterall, all of that gear from FP and Ops are gonna need mods aren't they?

As for the ship upgrades, the better the ship, the easier you will get the Space Battles done, which are a pretty good source of xp and credits.

You will also be able to make Droid stuff, which will be useful selling to people with droid companions.