Not sure how much this is worth

snoopdogbaby

Wind Crystal. I am led to believe that this is meant for prototype schematics but there are literally none on the GTN (no wind crystals) and nobody I know knows how much it is worth.

I'm looking to sell these. Does anyone know how much I could get for them? They're a purple grade 1 gemstone.

It's such low level that you'll probably not get much for it. Sometimes when I have materials which I know that I won't need for some reason, and which I know that there is not really a demand for in the market, I just list them at whatever is the default place when you put it on GTN.

For info on what you can do with different materials, a great site is Torhead. Here are the things you can craft with the Wind Crystal:

http://www.torhead.com/item/67w5v4W/wind-crystal

The things you can craft are purple (Artifact quality) crystals, enhancements, and barrels. In order to learn the purple schematics, you need to first craft blue (Prototype quality) items of that type, and reverse engineer them. You then have a chance to learn the purple version of it. The blue versions in turn are learnt by reverse engineering the standard green version of the items.

If you open your inventory, in the top right corner of the window there is a button to reverse engineering. Click that button, move the mouse over the item you want to reverse engineer, and it will tell you the chance of learning a new schematic. You'll always get some materials back when you reverse engineer, and the change to learn a higher quality schematic if the window says that there's a chance for this.

Edited by Rassuro

I have Artifice as a crafting skill. I reverse engineered a couple of things I made and got a schematic for a pretty sweet level 15 enhancement that required wind crystal.

If you have artifice as a crew skill, craft a bunch of lower level stuff then reverse engineer it and you might come up with a schematic to make something with it. Otherwise, being a purple crafting material, you can probably sell it pretty easy on the GTN.

I think you mean hilts, not barrels Rassuro.

Specifically, they make the tier one artifice artifact gear. As they are such low level, you probably will not have a very large market for them. I personally recommend just holding them so you can use them to make that stuff for any alts that may be able to use them.