ST and ranked PvP

BryH

I'v been seeing a lot of LfTank for rank pvp teams. Anyone out there doing this or do most tanks switch to a dps spec for rank wz? If you are tanking in wz is supercommando WH set the way to go or a dps set? I'v mostly been doing pve as a main tank and want to get into pvp and looking for advice on the best way to hlp the team out, as a tank or dps. any advise from rank wz pvprs would be greatly appreciated.

I went full Supercommando, most people say go with dps eliminator though because the shield is almost useless in pvp. I find however i take way less damage with my supercommando than with my eliminator so i would say it's whether you wanna do more damage or if you wanna survive a little longer. I can still do over 350k dmg in my supercommando so im happy with it.

I'm full BM supercommando with a couple of war hero pieces (I put it in my pre-50 armor though, because the BM/WH armor is awful aesthetically). Once you get out of the mentality that you're there to be DPS'ing (and the damage nerf in 1.3 helped with this) and you're one of the most utilitarian classes out there. Taunts should always be on CD (but don't waste the AOE one on a single target unless you absolutely have to) and combined with combust, oil slick, jet charge, grapple and your CC's, and PT tanks can make life really difficult for the other side.

Our shield is also very, very underrated. It's worth remembering that all warrior AC's and snipers/gunslingers-- the AC's that put out the heaviest damage-- put out a lot of white damage (snipers almost exclusively put out white damage) and this has to get through our shield and is then mitigated by armor. If you don't think it makes a difference, switch gas cylinders out for a while and see how much faster you die.