Sorc/Sage heals need to be returned to pre 1.2, other heals need buffs

BurnsTwoThree

"Your class is fine, you just need a Guard on you and a team to peel".

I can't reach across the internetz and type on the other players keyboard to get that cast on me. Nor can I play his toon to get bad guys off me. Even when I do have the tanks to give me a Guard at least, they fail at putting back on me, or on me to start. To ask for a peel would be too much to ask. So, why does my play experience with my Sorc depend on everyone else's smarts and reactions? Every other class is completely independent to enjoy pvp, but the sorc/sage has to beg for help. Pathetic BW.

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Your class is fine, you just need a Guard on you and a team to peel".

I can't reach across the internetz and type on the other players keyboard to get that cast on me. Nor can I play his toon to get bad guys off me. Even when I do have the tanks to give me a Guard at least, they fail at putting back on me, or on me to start. To ask for a peel would be too much to ask. So, why does my play experience with my Sorc depend on everyone else's smarts and reactions? Every other class is completely independent to enjoy pvp, but the sorc/sage has to beg for help. Pathetic BW.

The way you describe asking for guard/help and assistance from other players gave me a new perspective on playing a sage healer. I feel like I've levelled only half a class and some random stranger is my other half :-/

Shortchanged much? :p

Never get this same feeling on my scoundrel or gunslinger. Haven't pvped on my sage for weeks. Whats the point

To gear up for when they finally give PvP the attention it deserves and help out some classes to not be completely useless.

Given that I'm hating it THAT much atm, I actually get tension headaches, I'll wait tbh :(

One thing I just realized that could have happened in pre 1.2 is that healers could get 2 1second deliverances cast if they had speced up into Mental Alacrity.

I know that no healer in their right mind would do that spec (18 21 2 maybe?)but it would be interesting to see

The way you describe asking for guard/help and assistance from other players gave me a new perspective on playing a sage healer. I feel like I've levelled only half a class and some random stranger is my other half :-/

Shortchanged much? :p

Never get this same feeling on my scoundrel or gunslinger. Haven't pvped on my sage for weeks. Whats the point

running tank + healer to survive isn't even viable against certain classes with how much damage they put out. against a top geared smash jugg you'll take around 3k damage guarded from the smash. now that's not much, but if the tank is also in the radius of smash (as is usually the case for a tank that's guarding you and peeling) he'll take 100% of the damage to him and 50% of the damage from you. 2x smash juggs coordinating means youll take 6k and that tank is dead or will be soon, as will anyone else helping him peel. and smash is on something like a 12s cooldown, so when you're back from respawn it'll happen again.

the worst part is going tank hybrid lowers smash damage a negligible amount, so these tank dps hybrids are wrecking with aoe smashes of death (much like the other tank hybrids sacrifice a negligible amount of dps for greatly increased survivability). when people say you need tank + heal to survive in pvp and you need a better one if you're dying they have no idea what they're talking about. the current mechanics are completely overwhelmed by the burst damage and abilities some of these classes are capable of.

we're essentially playing melee dps online. range management is mainly gap closers and roots for the mdps to kill you faster and the burst dps or heals of fragile classes are completely overwhelmed by melee dps with much better defensive capabilities. as a healer - and particularly a sorc - your goal is to run around completely neutralized except for cc, bubbles and a piddly hot while a group of dps try and murder you, making pvp enjoyable for at least some of the people there.

Edited by Oobob

One thing I just realized that could have happened in pre 1.2 is that healers could get 2 1second deliverances cast if they had speced up into Mental Alacrity.

I know that no healer in their right mind would do that spec (18 21 2 maybe?)but it would be interesting to see

There's too much stuff you'd be missing out of in the healing tree.

...your goal is to run around completely neutralized except for cc, bubbles and a piddly hot while a group of dps try and murder you, making pvp enjoyable for at least some of the people there.

Awesome, we should get them to put that in as descriptive text when you choose your advanced Inquisitor class ;)

Awesome, we should get them to put that in as descriptive text when you choose your advanced Inquisitor class ;)

Maybe we should have a spell where you summon a pillar, so you can circle it over and over and not be able to cast anything..... oh wait.

Maybe we should have a spell where you summon a pillar, so you can circle it over and over and not be able to cast anything..... oh wait.

I think for balance, Sorc healers should have a spell that REMOVES pillars so they'll counter Operative healers, bringing them down to the same level as Sorcs.

I think for balance, Sorc healers should have a spell that REMOVES pillars so they'll counter Operative healers, bringing them down to the same level as Sorcs.

Or a spell that disables the usage of defensive cooldowns

We had a 1v1 duel tournament on bastion Sunday.

All the best Imp players were there.

A healing operative won. Tanksassins, marauders, Powertechs...

Healing is OP.

Sounds to me like damage from healers is OP..

Sounds to me like damage from healers is OP..

This. In any 1v1 situation where two equally geared and skilled players control 1 DPS character and 1 Healer character, the fight should last infinity length.

DPS are designed to cause damage.

Healers are designed to reverse damage.

If 1 healer cannot force an infinite fight with 1 DPS then the healer is underpowered.

If 1 healer can spend GCDs on damage abilities while being focused by 1 DPS then the Healer is overpowered.

That is how you gauge the balance of any healing class.

Edited by Darth_Philar

This. In any 1v1 situation where two equally geared and skilled players control 1 DPS character and 1 Healer character, the fight should last infinity length.

DPS are designed to cause damage.

Healers are designed to reverse damage.

If 1 healer cannot force an infinite fight with 1 DPS then the healer is underpowered.

If 1 healer can spend GCDs on damage abilities while being focused by 1 DPS then the Healer is overpowered.

That is how you gauge the balance of any healing class.

+1 My thoughts exactly, I was gonna do a long post detailing this idea, but yours gets the point across

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.