The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

2 talent points left, RP dmg or RS?

Steele_dk

Hey Guys

Just for introduction i am still relatively new to powertech (lvl 45 atm) and i am in the Advanced prototype tree.

I have 2 points left to spend in my spec and i have to decide between the 8% extra rocket punch dmg and the extra 6% railshot dmg

Ive made a list of pros and cons to help me decide but this is where you experienced pt's could correct me if im wrong (pls do)

Rocket punch talent pros:

- Lesser cooldown on rocket punch, hence more times this talent will be added into my dps

- rocket punch is already buffed in the ap tree aswell with 30% extra crit dmg

Rocket punch talent cons:

- rocket punch requires to be in melee range hence even tho its shorter cd, i could find my self in situation where i cant use rocket punch.

- even though you can get 15% extra rocket punch crit from set bonuses, theres still a big chance rocket punch wont crit hence making the talent do lesser dmg as opposed to railshot

Railshot talent pros:

- Railshot can be 100% guaranteed to crit through talent in ap tree hence making the 6% do even greater dmg as its applied to base dmg (not crit dmg %)

- Railshot seem to be doing more base dmg (plus the armor ignore) and my logic by natural is to buff the ability that does the biggest dmg even further?

- railshot is ranged

Railshot talent cons:

- railshot has 15 second cooldown vs rocket punchs 9

- railshot needs to be set up first (apply dot)

Sry to mindblow you guys over such a little matter, but its been bugging me now ever since my m8 (also powertech) asked me which talent is best for our spec

Thx in advance

p.s im a professional microsoft powerpoint presentator

(jk)