Am I missing something?

Eechu

I logged on today to check out patch 1.3 and began to go through the legacy character perks. I decided to buy the rank 1 speeder piloting for level 10 on my level 50 shadow, assuming that my level 17 sniper would be able to benefit from it, however that wasn't the case. When I logged over to my sniper to train my speeder piloting, I couldn't train it.

Maybe this has already been addressed, but what in the world is the point of legacy character perks if my other legacy characters can't benefit from the things I've unlocked!?

I logged on today to check out patch 1.3 and began to go through the legacy character perks. I decided to buy the rank 1 speeder piloting for level 10 on my level 50 shadow, assuming that my level 17 sniper would be able to benefit from it, however that wasn't the case. When I logged over to my sniper to train my speeder piloting, I couldn't train it.

Maybe this has already been addressed, but what in the world is the point of legacy character perks if my other legacy characters can't benefit from the things I've unlocked!?

Those a personal perks. You have to purchase it with your lvl 17 alt.

It is a per character unlock. You need to pay for it on the character you want to benefit from it.

This is true, but I don't understand why you're able to purchase unlocks that can't benefit your character anymore. Once you buy speeder piloting 1 (legacy menu or not) it should be unavailable for purchase on that character. Saves players from bad clicks. And helps make the menu look more complete for stuff you already have anyway.

If you read the tool tip when looking at the perk, it clearly states that it is only for the character that purchased it.

"Only available to the current character when unlocked."

Edited by TheBBP

Then one can ask why it is in the Legacy UI at all if it doesn't benefit the Legacy.

One can also ask why is it so hard to ask folks to pay attention to simple details before clicking their money away?

The point is so that you don't have to spend a huge amount of credits to unlock something across your entire legacy that 6 out of your 8 characters can't use anyway because they are way past that level. Instead of a big price for something that unlocks across the board, they went with smaller prices on a per character basis so you can pick and choose what you want and need on a per character basis....sort of like an a la carte menu. If it was an across the board unlock for all characters, then it would have cost you a LOT more.

Because it's unlocked by the legacy. Fresh players can't access it. It's to promote alts, not to give straight-up credit based perks.

That doesn't make any sense. My argument was; why does the speeder Legacy perk cover only one alt and not all.

Which is pretty stupid imo, that stuff is supposed to make the legacy more attractive, but it ended as yet another money sink :(

Their entire legacy system is garbage in the sense that its not actually a reward. If it was a reward, you wouldn't have to pay out the (insert body part) for them all.

It's nothing more then a credit sink that screws PvPers because warzones pay nothing compared to running dailies.

Here's the price listing here, per dulfy.net

http://dulfy.net/2012/06/06/patch-1-3-legacy-character-perks/

Edited by islander

I logged on today to check out patch 1.3 and began to go through the legacy character perks. I decided to buy the rank 1 speeder piloting for level 10 on my level 50 shadow,

Seriously, this should not be allowed. He just purchased what he already had. There should be some sort of check for that.

Seriously, this should not be allowed. He just purchased what he already had. There should be some sort of check for that.
'

That in itself is a very valid argument actually.

Especially since the Legacy up until now has been Legacy-wide, not individual character.

Should be grayed out if you already have it.

And no, I should not learn to read - good design you don't even notice.

Edited by Darbon

Which is pretty stupid imo, that stuff is supposed to make the legacy more attractive, but it ended as yet another money sink :(

Your speeder cost at level 25 is 35k. You can now get it 15 levels earlier, which makes life way easier, for an additional 5k. How is that anything beyond a huge bargain.

Please stop complaining about the game just for the sake of complaining.

Edited by Blackardin

The point is so that you don't have to spend a huge amount of credits to unlock something across your entire legacy that 6 out of your 8 characters can't use anyway because they are way past that level. Instead of a big price for something that unlocks across the board, they went with smaller prices on a per character basis so you can pick and choose what you want and need on a per character basis....sort of like an a la carte menu. If it was an across the board unlock for all characters, then it would have cost you a LOT more.

Quoted for accuracy. Before you hit the post button please read this. The design makes absolute sense.